|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Musui describe hs punishment the second time he runs away?
2. How are Shintaro and Musui related?
(a) Shintaro is his uncle.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) Shintaro is his nephew.
(d) They are cousins.
3. What is Maigoichior's occupation?
4. What does Musui sell for a living?
(b) Military supplies.
5. What does Musui learn while he is being punished for running away the second time?
(a) To paint.
(b) To climb.
(c) To read and write.
(d) To fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maigoichiro hire Josuke?
2. Musui learns a number of military strategies from ______________.
3. What kind of job does Musui want after he is released from his cage?
4. Who sends Shintaro to find Musui?
5. Why does Musui have trouble with his sword during his fight with Kuma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
2. What happens when Musui helps Okunu?
3. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
4. What happens to the dishonest cloth merchant?
5. Why does Musui return home when he runs away for the second time?
6. Why does Musui agree to help in the conflict between Josuke and Magoichiro?
7. How does Musui make a great deal of money for himself after he retires?
8. How does Musui corrupt a samurai?
9. How does Musui get sympathy after ruining the family name again?
10. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)