|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musui sell for a living?
(c) Military supplies.
2. Who takes the money Musui raises for a shrine?
(a) His landlord.
(b) A student.
(c) His brother.
(d) A samurai.
3. How old is Musui when his punishment for running away a second time is done?
4. What does Musui build for his family?
(a) A school.
(b) A storage unit.
(c) A shed.
(d) A house.
5. What does Musui threaten to do to get the help of the officials for Maigoichiro?
(a) Turn the peasants against them.
(b) Run away.
(c) Assassinate Josuke.
(d) Kill himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Shintaro and Musui related?
2. What does Musui dream about after retiring?
3. What does Musui admit to his wife one day?
4. What does Musui do for Rintaro while he is being punished for running away a second time?
5. What is Maigoichior's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Musui have to stop his wife from killing someone?
2. How does Musui get revenge on Saburoemon?
3. What does Musui do when he is 38 years old, and why?
4. What does Musui say made his life fun?
5. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
6. What happens when Yamaguchi becomes an administrator?
7. How does Musui know Tatekawi?
8. How does Musui corrupt a samurai?
9. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
10. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)