|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Musui say the Gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
(a) He is happy and healthy.
(b) He has felt his father around him.
(c) He has many children.
(d) He has always been wealthy.
2. What does a tailor dare Musui to do?
(a) Date his daughter.
(b) Bet on his horse.
(c) Perform incantations.
(d) Take a duel.
3. Who sends Shintaro to find Musui?
(b) He comes on his own mission.
(d) Musui's family.
4. Whom does Musui steal from after retiring?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A banker.
(c) A rice agent.
(d) A teacher.
5. Musui learns a number of military strategies from ______________.
(d) His father's stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maigoichior's occupation?
2. Why is Josuke imprisoned?
3. What act does Musui have to stop his wife from committing?
4. Why are people hesitant to register Musui for a job once he is released from his cage?
5. How does Musui pay his expenses while staying with Tatewaki?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Musui agree to help in the conflict between Josuke and Magoichiro?
2. Why does Musui not share more of his great fight stories?
3. What does Josuke do when he is hired by Magoichiro?
4. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
5. How does Musui end up paying down his substantial debt?
6. What happens when Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
7. Why does Musui return home when he runs away for the second time?
8. How does Musui get revenge on Saburoemon?
9. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
10. What does Musui do before running away a second time?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)