|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musui say he likes most about his life?
(a) It was different.
(b) It was honorable.
(c) It was his.
(d) It was fun.
2. Musui learns a number of military strategies from ______________.
(b) His father's stories.
3. How does Musui get past barrier officials?
(a) He lies.
(b) He bribes them.
(c) He sneaks in the night.
(d) He uses his father's name.
4. How old is Musui when he writes this book?
5. Musui makes pilgrimages to ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musui learn while he is being punished for running away the second time?
2. How does Musui feel when his father dies?
3. How are Shintaro and Musui related?
4. What does Musui call Hyogo?
5. Why does Musui have trouble with his sword during his fight with Kuma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
2. How does Musui make a great deal of money for himself after he retires?
3. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
4. What does Musui say made his life fun?
5. What happens to the dishonest cloth merchant?
6. What is Musui's punishment for running away a second time?
7. What happens when Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
8. How does Musui know Tatekawi?
9. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
10. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)