|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Musui get his money back from a con man?
(a) He wages a bet with him.
(b) He threatens him.
(c) He blackmails him.
(d) He challenges him to a duel.
2. Who does Musui look for when he runs away the second time?
(a) His cousins.
(b) His birth mother.
3. What bad habit does Maigoichiro have?
(c) Using opium.
4. How does Musui pay his expenses while staying with Tatewaki?
(a) He steals from travellers.
(b) He sells his possessions.
(c) He takes on fencing students.
(d) He acts as a body guard.
5. What kind of job does Musui want after he is released from his cage?
(a) A government position.
(b) A banking position.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) A city job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Musui related to Rintaro?
2. Musui realizes that ______________ creates good will.
3. How does Musui correspond with his father after he runs away a second time?
4. What does Musui sell for a living?
5. How are Shintaro and Musui related?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui end up paying down his substantial debt?
2. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
3. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
4. What does Musui do before running away a second time?
5. Why does Musui return home when he runs away for the second time?
6. How does Musui know Tatekawi?
7. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
8. What does Musui learn after Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
9. How does Musui corrupt a samurai?
10. Why does Musui not share more of his great fight stories?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)