|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Musui related to Rintaro?
(a) He is Rintaro's uncle.
(b) He is Rintaro's godfather.
(c) He is Rintaro's father.
(d) He is Rintaro's brother.
2. What does Musui do for Rintaro while he is being punished for running away a second time?
(a) Makes him head of the household.
(b) Teaches him to fence.
(c) All of these.
(d) Bequeaths his fortune to him.
3. What does Musui use to forge something after retiring?
(a) An account number.
(b) A pen name.
(c) A promissory note.
(d) A seal.
4. What does Musui threaten to do to get the help of the officials for Maigoichiro?
(a) Assassinate Josuke.
(b) Run away.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Turn the peasants against them.
5. What does the Day of the Boar Association force Hyogo to do?
(a) Join the group.
(b) Pay their bill.
(c) Give them some land.
(d) Apologize to Musui.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction does Musui travel when he runs away the second time?
2. What does Musui say he likes most about his life?
3. Musui makes pilgrimages to ____________.
4. What does Musui build for his family?
5. Who sends Shintaro to find Musui?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui get revenge on Saburoemon?
2. What does Musui blame for his low estate retirement?
3. Why does Musui not share more of his great fight stories?
4. What funny thing happened during the fight with Kuma?
5. Why does Musui have to stop his wife from killing someone?
6. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
7. What happens when Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
8. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
9. What is Musui's punishment for running away a second time?
10. What does Musui say made his life fun?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)