|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Musui wait for the kind of job he wants after he is released from his cage.
(a) A week.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
2. During what time of day does Musui run away the second time?
(a) The afternoon.
(b) The middle of the night.
(c) The early evening.
(d) The early morning.
3. Why does Musui have trouble with his sword during his fight with Kuma?
(a) His dominant hand is injured.
(b) The blade breaks.
(c) It gets hot.
(d) It is too long.
4. What does Tatewaki do when he first sees Musui?
(a) Pays his debts.
(b) Helps him get a job.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Gives him room and board.
5. During what season does Musui stay with Tatewaki?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maigoichiro hire Josuke?
2. How long is Musui punished after running away the second time?
3. Whom does Musui ask for help in getting a job after he is released from his cage?
4. What does Shintaro ask Musui to do?
5. Who takes the money Musui raises for a shrine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Musui helps Okunu?
2. What funny thing happened during the fight with Kuma?
3. What does Musui do when he is 38 years old, and why?
4. How does Musui end up paying down his substantial debt?
5. What happens when Yamaguchi becomes an administrator?
6. Why does Musui not share more of his great fight stories?
7. What does Josuke do when he is hired by Magoichiro?
8. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
9. What does Musui say made his life fun?
10. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)