|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Musui keep his sword during his fight with Kuma?
(a) His luggage.
(b) His saddle bag.
(c) His kimono.
(d) His back pack.
2. Whom does Musui ask for help in getting a job after he is released from his cage?
(a) His priest.
(c) His father.
(d) The Commissioner.
3. How does Musui get his money back from a con man?
(a) He challenges him to a duel.
(b) He blackmails him.
(c) He threatens him.
(d) He wages a bet with him.
4. How does Musui describe hs punishment the second time he runs away?
5. For what shrine item does Musui raise money?
(a) A statue.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A basket.
(d) A portrait.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Musui when his punishment for running away a second time is done?
2. How does Musui serve Kobayashi?
3. What does Musui do for Rintaro while he is being punished for running away a second time?
4. Musui says he never ______________after retiring.
5. How are Shintaro and Musui related?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui corrupt a samurai?
2. How does Musui get sympathy after ruining the family name again?
3. Why does Musui have to stop his wife from killing someone?
4. How does Musui get special privileges when he runs away the second time?
5. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
6. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
7. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
8. What does Musui do when he is 38 years old, and why?
9. What happens to the dishonest cloth merchant?
10. What does Josuke do when he is hired by Magoichiro?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)