|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Musui pay his expenses while staying with Tatewaki?
(a) He steals from travellers.
(b) He takes on fencing students.
(c) He acts as a body guard.
(d) He sells his possessions.
2. How old is Musui when he writes this book?
3. Who takes the money Musui raises for a shrine?
(a) His landlord.
(b) A samurai.
(c) A student.
(d) His brother.
4. Why does Musui say the Gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
(a) He has always been wealthy.
(b) He has felt his father around him.
(c) He is happy and healthy.
(d) He has many children.
5. How does a widow in Musui's keeping cause scandals?
(a) She goes a little crazy.
(b) She gets very sick.
(c) She sleeps around.
(d) She spreads a lot of rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Musui related to Rintaro?
2. Who does Musui look for when he runs away the second time?
3. What does Musui dream about after retiring?
4. What does Musui build for his family?
5. Why does Maigoichiro hire Josuke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musui say made his life fun?
2. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
3. How does Musui make a great deal of money for himself after he retires?
4. Why does Musui have to stop his wife from killing someone?
5. Why does Musui return home when he runs away for the second time?
6. What does Musui learn after Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
7. How does Musui support himself while staying with Tatekawi?
8. What happens when Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
9. Why does Musui agree to help in the conflict between Josuke and Magoichiro?
10. What does Musui do when he is 38 years old, and why?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)