|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josuke burn when he gets mad?
(a) Some paper money.
(b) The ledger book.
(c) Musui's manuscript.
(d) A kimono.
2. Tatewaki is from ______________.
3. Who challenges Musui to a duel after he offends Hyogo?
(b) Hyogo's nephew.
(c) Hyogo's brother.
(d) Hyogo's father.
4. What does Musui hope his grandchildren will learn from him?
(a) How to have honor.
(b) What not to do.
(c) Where to find courage.
(d) How to be true to oneself.
5. What does Musui threaten to do to get the help of the officials for Maigoichiro?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Run away.
(c) Turn the peasants against them.
(d) Assassinate Josuke.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season does Musui stay with Tatewaki?
2. Whom does Musui lend money to after retiring?
3. Where does Musui build something for his family?
4. How does Musui's father punish him for running away a second time?
5. Why does Musui enjoy the dramatics between Maigoichiro and Josuke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
2. How does Musui corrupt a samurai?
3. What funny thing happened during the fight with Kuma?
4. What surprises Kiheiji when Musui sees him after his marriage?
5. What does Musui do before running away a second time?
6. What does Musui do when he is 38 years old, and why?
7. What happens when Musui helps Okunu?
8. How does Musui get sympathy after ruining the family name again?
9. What happens when Rintaro is attacked by a dog?
10. What does Josuke do when he is hired by Magoichiro?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)