|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Musui related to Rintaro?
(a) He is Rintaro's father.
(b) He is Rintaro's godfather.
(c) He is Rintaro's uncle.
(d) He is Rintaro's brother.
2. What direction does Musui travel when he runs away the second time?
3. Tatewaki is from ______________.
4. What does Musui do to corrupt a man after he retires?
(a) All of these.
(b) He takes him to the Pleasure district.
(c) He tells him tales of his past.
(d) He writes to him menacing letters.
5. What does Musui steal from the practice hall before running away a second time?
(a) Fencing gear.
(c) Gold flooring.
(d) A shrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Josuke imprisoned?
2. What does Shintaro ask Musui to do?
3. What does Musui build for his family?
4. What does Tatewaki do when he first sees Musui?
5. Who sends Shintaro to find Musui?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Musui say the gods have smiled on him at the end of the book?
2. What happens when Yamaguchi becomes an administrator?
3. Why does Musui have to stop his wife from killing someone?
4. What funny thing happened during the fight with Kuma?
5. What does Josuke do when he is hired by Magoichiro?
6. What does Musui do before running away a second time?
7. How does Musui make a great deal of money for himself after he retires?
8. How does Josuke get paid in the end?
9. How does Musui get across the border when he runs away the second time?
10. How does Musui get sympathy after ruining the family name again?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)