|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Musui's mother's occupation?
(d) Business woman.
2. How old is Musui when Hikoshiro hires him?
3. How does Musui describe his son?
(a) The sweetest thing in his life.
(b) The perfect example of responsibility.
(c) The mirror image of himself.
(d) The polar opposite of his grandfather.
4. Where does Musui get a loan when he runs away?
(a) From Murata.
(b) From a bank.
(c) From an uncle.
(d) From a priest.
5. What does Musui do to get revenge against his classmates at age nine?
(a) Pees on them from the rafters.
(b) Steals all their clothes.
(c) Turns them in to the headmaster.
(d) Burns down the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Musui do to increase his reputation with a sword?
2. Whom does Musui steal from when he runs away?
3. Who gives Musui a kimono after he runs away?
4. Musui says no young man should let ____________rule his life.
5. What does Musui do after his retirement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musui refuse to do when he comes home after running away, and what does this do to him?
2. Whom does Musui greatly praise at the beginning of the book? Why?
3. How does Musui discover the Pleasure District?
4. How does Musui feel about his reputation?
5. What is Musui's reputation?
6. What does Musui say everyone should be grateful for?
7. What does Musui's father do for him when he turns eighteen?
8. How is Musui rescued after he falls off a cliff?
9. Why does Musui not try to read and write when he is young?
10. What skill does Musui learn at age eleven, and how does he feel about it?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)