|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Musui, what is dangerous to climb?
(a) The stairway to Heaven.
(b) The social ladder.
(c) The steps of politics.
(d) The snowy mountain.
2. Where is this book set?
3. What is taught at the Otani school?
4. What does Musui still have from his first punishment?
(a) A bald spot.
(b) A scar.
(c) A bad memory.
(d) A hatred of rain.
5. Why does Musui return home after running away?
(a) He misses his mother.
(b) He runs out of money.
(c) He gets badly injured.
(d) He sees his life at home was a good one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Musui's mother's occupation?
2. What is Musui's punishment for fighting with 30 children?
3. What does Musui say young men should choose wisely?
4. What skill does Musui show off at Fuchu Castle?
5. What does Musui see at Fuchu Castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musui feel about his reputation?
2. How does Musui lose all his belongings after running away?
3. What does Musui say his grandmother did to his as a child?
4. What advice does Musui give to young men?
5. What do the boys at Musui's Judo school do? Why?
6. What is Musui's reputation?
7. What skill does Musui learn at age eleven, and how does he feel about it?
8. Whom does Musui greatly praise at the beginning of the book? Why?
9. Why does Musui's family move at age eight?
10. How does Musui get his first job?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)