|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Musui see at Fuchu Castle?
(a) His cousins.
(c) Judo masters.
2. What does Musui do to increase his reputation with a sword?
(a) Teaches lessons.
(b) Writes news stories.
(c) Seeks out duels.
(d) Attends schools.
3. Who punished Musui after his first fight?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wet nurse.
4. What does Musui still have from his first punishment?
(a) A bald spot.
(b) A bad memory.
(c) A scar.
(d) A hatred of rain.
5. What did Musui use in his first fight as a child?
(a) A chain.
(b) A log.
(c) A rock.
(d) A block of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Musui to lose all his money after he is married?
2. How old was Musui when he was was adopted?
3. What does Musui learn when he is nine years old?
4. What does Musui hope to teach by in this book?
5. Musui says that ______________ruled his young life.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Musui refuse to do when he comes home after running away, and what does this do to him?
2. Why does Musui not try to read and write when he is young?
3. What do the boys at Musui's Judo school do? Why?
4. What advice does Musui give to young women?
5. Why does Musui leave Kiheiji's house?
6. How does Musui get his first job?
7. What advice does Musui give to young men?
8. How is Musui rescued after he falls off a cliff?
9. What skill does Musui learn at age eleven, and how does he feel about it?
10. What does Musui's father do when he steals money from his first job? Why?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)