|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Musui's punishment for fighting with 30 children?
(a) He is locked up.
(b) He is sent to school.
(c) He must pay for the damage.
(d) He is beat.
2. What does Musui see at Fuchu Castle?
(a) Judo masters.
(b) His cousins.
3. What does Musui like to do with Genebei?
(a) All of these.
(b) Pick fights.
(c) Make jokes.
(d) Learn sword skills.
4. What is Harakiri?
(a) A kind of flower.
(b) A form of suicide.
(c) A lethal sedative.
(d) A warrior's blade.
5. What does Musui work on for Kihieji?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A homestead.
(c) A cattle range.
(d) A rice paddy.
6. Who gives Musui a kimono after he runs away?
(a) A brothel owner.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A monk.
(d) A traveller.
7. How is Musui related to Hikoshiro?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) He is Musui's uncle.
(d) He is Musui's nephew.
8. What does Musui hope his reader will become after reading this book?
9. What does Musui say women should maintain independently?
(a) Their household.
(b) Their finances.
(c) Their gardens.
(d) Their children.
10. What does Musui say he stole from his mother as a child?
11. Who catches Musui stealing money after he meets the shady man?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His cousin.
12. How does Musui describe his son?
(a) The sweetest thing in his life.
(b) The polar opposite of his grandfather.
(c) The mirror image of himself.
(d) The perfect example of responsibility.
13. What does Musui say he is most amazed by in his life?
(a) He has such a dark heart.
(b) He did not have a fall from grace.
(c) He does not have a book about him.
(d) He did so well with so little.
14. Who punished Musui after his first fight?
(a) His wet nurse.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
15. What does Kihieji treat Musui like?
(a) Another worker.
(b) His son.
(c) A slave.
(d) A visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Musui find a career?
2. According to Musui, why did he get into his first fight?
3. What is Musui free from when he takes a wife?
4. Who nurses Musui back to health after he runs away?
5. Who does Musui's cousin punch in the nose one night?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)