|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Seijuro forbid his brother to fight?
2. What does Kosuke say is the samurai's soul?
(a) His mind.
(b) His sword.
(c) His nationality.
(d) His father.
3. Where does Musashi say he and Sannosuke will train?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Sannosuke's land.
(c) A Buddhist temple.
(d) The forest.
4. What do the girls Edo is traveling with do for a living?
(b) Sword making.
5. As what does Jo disguise himself?
(a) An old maid.
(b) A geisha.
(c) A priest.
(d) A warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Osugi visiting when he learns about the fight?
2. What part of his body does Seijuro want his students to cut off?
3. Who is currently living with Matahachi?
4. Why does Musashi say he eventually left the village?
5. What does Seijuro give to Denshichiro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in the fight between Seijuro and Musashi?
2. How does Matahachi mistakenly kill the man who stole from him earlier?
3. Why is Matahachi happy with his punishment?
4. What does Musashi learn about Kosuke?
5. What does Jo admit under questioning from Takuan?
6. How does Daizo con Matahachi in this section?
7. What is Kojiro's attitude towards his hosts at the beginning of this section?
8. Why is Musashi happy he is not accepted to an official position?
9. How does Gempachi know Matahachi killed Tenki?
10. Why does Musashi agree to stay with Yoshino at her teahouse?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)