|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Musashi decide if Sannosuke is good enough to join him?
(a) He attacks him.
(b) He mediatates with him.
(c) He tests his puzzle skills,
(d) He asks Buddha.
2. Where do Musashi and Iora stay in Edo?
(a) A temple.
(b) An inn.
(c) A stable.
(d) A friend's house.
3. What does the drummer make Musashi realize about fighting?
(a) Two swords are better than one.
(b) Two fighters could make music with swords.
(c) It could be turned into a performance.
(d) Energy is what allows a man to win.
4. To where is Jinnai traveling?
5. Who does Iora say has attacked the nearby village?
(b) Government officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seijuro leave when he disappears?
2. Who does Massashi say has sent him to deliver a message to the bandits?
3. What does Seijuro give to Denshichiro?
4. Who does Akemi move in with when she leaves Matahachi?
5. What does Kojiro send the samurai he beat in a bout?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened in the fight between Seijuro and Musashi?
2. How does Musashi test Sannosuke's skills?
3. How does Musashi help the village defeat the bandits?
4. What does Musashi learn about Kosuke?
5. How does Daizo con Matahachi in this section?
6. How does Geki help Musashi in this section?
7. What revelation does Musashi have when watching the drummer?
8. What is Kojiro's attitude towards his hosts at the beginning of this section?
9. What does Jo admit under questioning from Takuan?
10. Why does Musashi agree to stay with Yoshino at her teahouse?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)