|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of instrument does Otsu play?
(a) A harp.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A flute.
(d) A drum.
2. Who did Oko take the items from that she has sold?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Dead soldiers.
(c) A family she works for.
(d) Her friends.
3. What character owns a school?
4. What does Nikkon tell Musashi he cannot continue to pride himself on?
(a) His brains.
(b) His humor.
(c) His sexuality.
(d) His strength.
5. What is the name of the woman who helps Takezo and Matakachi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest call the action of killing the men?
2. What does Musashi want the priests at the temple to teach him?
3. What do the villagers tie Takezo to?
4. What part of his body has Toji lost?
5. What does Musashi place before the blacksmith's sleeping form?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Musashi escape Osugi and Gon?
2. How has Matahachi's life changed for the worse at the beginning of Book III?
3. How is Matahachi conned out of money in this section?
4. How does Matahachi take advantage of Sasaki Kojiro's death?
5. Who is Jotaro?
6. Why do the priest say they killed the men?
7. How does Akemi try to kill herself?
8. How do the villagers punish Takuan?
9. How is Matahachi's mother rude to Takeo's family in this section?
10. Describe Matahachi's reunion with his mother?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)