|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the drummer make Musashi realize about fighting?
(a) Two fighters could make music with swords.
(b) It could be turned into a performance.
(c) Energy is what allows a man to win.
(d) Two swords are better than one.
2. What is Musashi charged with stealing from?
(a) A school.
(b) An inn.
(c) A castle.
(d) A temple.
3. What is the name of Kojiro's sword?
(a) Death stick.
(b) Drying pole.
(c) The wrangler.
(d) Soul polisher.
4. What kind of food is Matahachi selling?
5. What does Musashi tell Sannosuke he must give up?
(a) His virginity.
(b) His family fortune.
(c) His morals.
(d) His family home.
6. What part of his body does Seijuro want his students to cut off?
(a) His foot.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
7. Which two characters does Iori overhear talking?
(a) Aoko and Takuan.
(b) Shinano and Musashi.
(c) Akemi and Otsu.
(d) Daizo and Jo.
8. What does Musashi tell the villages they are not?
(d) Poverty stricken.
9. Who does Massashi say has sent him to deliver a message to the bandits?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The gods.
(d) Lord Date.
10. How did Matahachi expect the officials to punish him?
(a) By torturing him.
(b) By killing him.
(c) By imprisoning him.
(d) By burying him.
11. How do the officials punish Matahachi?
(a) They brand him.
(b) They cane him.
(c) They break his legs.
(d) They cut off his thumbs.
12. What is Kojiro more interested in doing then teaching?
(a) Showing his own powers.
(c) Showing his medals.
13. Who visits Musashi and Iori in this chapter?
14. How does Kojiro agree to help Yajibei?
(a) By giving them shelter.
(b) By providing lessons.
(c) By cooking for them.
(d) By making them swords.
15. What do the girls Edo is traveling with do for a living?
(b) Sword making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Akeni pretend to be to run away with the money?
2. As what does Jo disguise himself?
3. Who does Daizo like to help?
4. Which member of the criminal faction does Musashi kill?
5. Near what kind of construction are the dead bodies lying?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)