|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Musashi help the villagers to develop?
(a) Wells and schools.
(b) Medicine and temples.
(c) A governmental system and a training school.
(d) Barley and rice fields.
2. Who kidnaps Otsu?
3. What member of the band does Musashi become enthralled by at the dance?
(a) The violinsit.
(b) The piano player.
(c) The drummer.
(d) The guitar player.
4. What does Musashi tell Sannosuke he must give up?
(a) His family fortune.
(b) His morals.
(c) His virginity.
(d) His family home.
5. What does Musashi tell the villages they are not?
(a) Poverty stricken.
6. How do the officials react when they see Musashi?
(a) They knock him out.
(b) They invite him for a drink.
(c) They arrest him.
(d) They challenge him to a bout.
7. What does Seijuro give to Denshichiro?
(a) His school.
(b) His sword.
(c) His mask.
(d) His wife.
8. Of what plan does Jo admit he is a part?
(a) A plan to bring Christianity to Japan.
(b) A plan to kill Musashi.
(c) A plan to overthrow the government.
(d) A plan to kill Lord Date.
9. As what does Jo disguise himself?
(a) An old maid.
(b) A geisha.
(c) A priest.
(d) A warrior.
10. Why does Musashi say he eventually left the village?
(a) He wanted to help more people.
(b) They became too dependent on him.
(c) He had to find Oksu.
(d) He needed more adventure.
11. What does Kosuke say is the samurai's soul?
(a) His father.
(b) His sword.
(c) His mind.
(d) His nationality.
12. What is the name of Kojiro's sword?
(a) Drying pole.
(b) Soul polisher.
(c) The wrangler.
(d) Death stick.
13. What did Akeni pretend to be to run away with the money?
14. How did Matahachi expect the officials to punish him?
(a) By killing him.
(b) By imprisoning him.
(c) By burying him.
(d) By torturing him.
15. How was Iora related to Sannosuke?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Jinnai traveling?
2. Where do Musashi and Iora stay in Edo?
3. Where does Musashi say he and Sannosuke will train?
4. Where does Musashi encounter Takuan?
5. What is Musashi charged with stealing from?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)