|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Japanese word for a swordsman?
2. Who delivers a message to Musashi at the inn?
3. What is the name of the woman who helps Takezo and Matakachi?
4. What is the name of Matahachi's wife?
5. Where does Oko allow the two men to sleep?
(a) The basement.
(b) The woodshed.
(c) The cowshed.
(d) The barn.
6. What is the name of the Young Master?
(a) Gion Toji.
(b) Miyamoto Musashi.
7. What does the man Matahachi drinks with know Sasaki to be?
(a) A weak mind.
(b) A great swordsman.
(c) A great wrestler.
(d) A big brain.
8. What does Jo say his father once was?
(a) A general.
(b) A ronin.
(c) A samurai warrior.
(d) A government official.
9. What kind of business does Oko run?
(a) A store.
(b) A blacksmith's.
(c) A factory.
(d) A brothel.
10. What does Matahachi want to find work as?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A swordsman.
11. What does Otsu agree to deliver?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A sword.
(d) A scroll.
12. Who does Jo search for at the school?
13. Who does Matahachi blame for his current position?
(a) Oko and Takezo.
(b) Sasaki and Kojiro.
(c) Otsu and Tenki.
(d) Gon and Akemi.
14. Who does Matashachi's mother blame for Matashachi not returning home?
15. What does Akemi serve to the customers at the whorehouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Osugi address Otsu?
2. What does Takuan warn Otsu against?
3. What is the name of the military captain's commander?
4. Who does Matahachi watch being killed?
5. Why does Matachi decide to leave his mother?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)