|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Holy Innocents.
(b) St. Stephen.
(c) The disciples.
(d) Shepards of bethlehem.
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(b) They die for the salvation of men.
(d) They do it for the glory of God.
3. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
(a) Beckett is not dying for the King.
(b) Beckett chooses to live.
(c) Beckett is not dying for glory.
(d) Beckett is dying for love.
4. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
5. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Knights.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) The Three Priests.
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
2. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
3. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
4. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
5. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)