|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
(a) The Miracles of Christ.
(b) The Birth of Christ.
(c) The Resurrection of Christ.
(d) The Passion and Death of Christ
2. To Beckett, what is martyrdom?
(a) It is always a request of angels.
(b) It is the result of cruel men.
(c) An act of chance.
(d) It is always the design of God.
3. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
(a) The Fourth.
(b) The First.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Third.
4. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Holy Innocents.
(b) The disciples.
(c) Shepards of bethlehem.
(d) St. Stephen.
5. On what date does the Interlude take place?
(a) December 30th.
(b) December 25th.
(c) December 29th.
(d) December 24th.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett call his congregation?
2. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
3. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
4. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
5. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)