|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) The Pope at peace with the King.
(b) A wife singing to her children.
(c) Barons at peace with the King.
(d) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
2. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
(a) Beckett chooses to live.
(b) Beckett is not dying for glory.
(c) Beckett is not dying for the King.
(d) Beckett is dying for love.
3. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) No one listened to them.
(b) The world was already a happy place.
(c) The world has been struck by war.
(d) The angels ceased to appear
4. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
5. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
2. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
3. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
4. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
5. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)