|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
(a) The stillness of water.
(b) The swept hearth.
(c) The sleeping dog.
(d) The setting sun.
2. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
(a) An instrument of God.
(b) A man given peace by God.
(c) Someone killed for the glory of God.
(d) A Christian killed because he is a Christian.
3. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(a) John the Baptist.
4. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A simple man.
(c) An instrument of God.
(d) A brave man.
5. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
(a) Beckett is dying for love.
(b) Beckett is not dying for glory.
(c) Beckett is not dying for the King.
(d) Beckett chooses to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
2. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
3. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
4. Why was the Tempter successful?
5. How does Beckett feel about martyrs?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)