Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
(a) At peace; at war
(b) High; low.
(c) Dead; alive.
(d) Low; high
2. What would be the most likely reaction of the Canterbury people that this is Beckett's last sermon?
(a) Shock and confusion.
(b) None of these.
(c) Apathy and boredom.
(d) Happiness and celebration.
3. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
4. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(b) Taking Communion.
(c) The Christmas pageant.
(d) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
5. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) Its sadness and greatness.
(b) Its meaning and mystery.
(c) The hope and peace it offers.
(d) The love of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
2. Where is the Interlude set?
3. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
4. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
5. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)