|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) Archbishop Elphage.
(c) St. John the Apostle.
(d) Archbishop Beckett.
2. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Chorus..
(b) Thomas Beckett.
(c) The Priests.
(d) The Tempters.
3. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
4. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(b) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(c) Taking Communion.
(d) The Christmas pageant.
5. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
(a) Someone who has lost his will to a higher one.
(b) An accident of chance.
(c) Someone who does not desire anything for himself.
(d) Someone both mourned and celebrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
2. In what year does the Interlude take place?
3. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
4. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
5. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)