|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
(a) The fall of Azrael the angel from Heaven.
(b) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(c) The angels appearing to the sheperds of Bethlehem on Christmas.
(d) The Snake appearing to Eve in the Garden of Eden.
2. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
(a) He believes he will be murdered soon.
(b) He is too sad to speak any more.
(c) He is out of ideas.
(d) He doesn't want to give them false hope.
3. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
(a) Avenge his death.
(b) See the light.
(c) Forget his words.
(d) Remember his words.
4. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
(a) The Miracles of Christ.
(b) The Birth of Christ.
(c) The Resurrection of Christ.
(d) The Passion and Death of Christ
5. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
(a) Someone who has lost his will to a higher one.
(b) Someone who does not desire anything for himself.
(c) Someone both mourned and celebrated.
(d) An accident of chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
2. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
3. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
4. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
5. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)