|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
(b) God bless us, every one.
(c) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
(d) In Christ's name.
2. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
(a) The Resurrection of Christ.
(b) The Miracles of Christ.
(c) The Passion and Death of Christ
(d) The Birth of Christ.
3. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(d) John the Baptist.
4. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
(a) To warn them.
(b) To instill fear in them.
(c) To lead them.
(d) To being mankind back to His ways.
5. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
2. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
3. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
4. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
5. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)