|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word of the Interlude?
2. To Beckett, what is martyrdom?
(a) An act of chance.
(b) It is the result of cruel men.
(c) It is always a request of angels.
(d) It is always the design of God.
3. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) To prove the King wrong.
(b) To aid in the salvation of man.
(c) For revenge.
(d) For the glory of martyrdom.
4. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) The Three Priests.
(d) God's angels.
5. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
2. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
3. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
4. How does Beckett close his sermon?
5. Why might the public react this way?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)