|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
2. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The Pope at peace with the King.
(b) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(c) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
(d) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
3. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) The world was already a happy place.
(b) The world has been struck by war.
(c) The angels ceased to appear
(d) No one listened to them.
4. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
(d) The meaning of Christmas.
5. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Knights.
(c) The Tempters..
(d) The Chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
3. What is the last word of the Interlude?
4. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
5. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)