|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
(a) The Second.
(b) The First.
(c) The Fourth.
(d) The Third.
2. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) A messenger.
(b) An instrument of God.
(c) A simple man.
(d) A brave man.
3. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) Barons at peace with the King.
(b) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(c) A wife singing to her children.
(d) The Pope at peace with the King.
4. What is the last word of the Interlude?
5. What would be the most likely reaction of the Canterbury people that this is Beckett's last sermon?
(a) Happiness and celebration.
(b) Shock and confusion.
(c) Apathy and boredom.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
2. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
3. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
4. What does Beckett call his congregation?
5. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)