|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(b) Barons at peace with the King.
(c) A wife singing to her children.
(d) The Pope at peace with the King.
2. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
3. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
(a) At peace; at war
(b) Dead; alive.
(c) High; low.
(d) Low; high
4. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
(a) His death will shame the King.
(b) He will be the first martyr of Canterbury.
(c) His murder will shock the world.
(d) He may not be the last martyr.
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(a) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
2. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
3. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
4. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
5. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)