|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
2. Where is the Interlude set?
(a) The gates of the Cathedral.
(b) The Archbishop's Hall.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The King's palace.
3. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(b) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
(c) The Pope at peace with the King.
(d) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
4. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
(a) God's angels.
(c) The Four Tempters.
(d) The Three Priests.
5. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) The angels ceased to appear
(b) No one listened to them.
(c) The world was already a happy place.
(d) The world has been struck by war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the public react this way?
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
3. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
4. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
5. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)