|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the Interlude take place?
(a) December 30th.
(b) December 29th.
(c) December 24th.
(d) December 25th.
2. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
(b) In Christ's name.
(c) God bless us, every one.
(d) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
3. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
(a) Stay; go.
(b) Laugh; weep.
(c) Rejoice; weep.
(d) Mourn; rejoice.
4. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
5. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
(a) He may not be the last martyr.
(b) His death will shame the King.
(c) He will be the first martyr of Canterbury.
(d) His murder will shock the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett call his congregation?
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
3. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
4. Where is the Interlude set?
5. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)