|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
(a) An instrument of God.
(b) A Christian killed because he is a Christian.
(c) A man given peace by God.
(d) Someone killed for the glory of God.
2. What is the last word of the Interlude?
3. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Birth of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(c) The Resurrection of Christ.
(d) The Miracles of Christ.
4. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) The world was already a happy place.
(b) No one listened to them.
(c) The angels ceased to appear
(d) The world has been struck by war.
5. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) The disciples.
(b) Shepards of bethlehem.
(c) St. Stephen.
(d) The Holy Innocents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
2. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
3. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
4. How does Beckett feel about martyrs?
5. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)