|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Knights.
(b) The Tempters..
(d) The Chorus.
2. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
(a) An instrument of God.
(b) A Christian killed because he is a Christian.
(c) Someone killed for the glory of God.
(d) A man given peace by God.
3. What is the last word of the Interlude?
4. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(b) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
(c) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
(d) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
5. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(b) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
(c) They hate the English King.
(d) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
2. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
3. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
4. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
5. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)