|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
(a) Avenge his death.
(b) See the light.
(c) Forget his words.
(d) Remember his words.
2. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) The Pope at peace with the King.
(b) A wife singing to her children.
(c) Barons at peace with the King.
(d) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
3. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
4. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
5. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
(a) To celebrate martyrdom.
(b) To help define peace for his congregation.
(c) To prepare his followers for his death.
(d) To submit to the Tempters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
2. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
5. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)