|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
(a) Archbishop Elphage.
(b) Archbishop Beckett.
(c) St. John the Apostle.
(d) John the Baptist.
2. How does Beckett feel about martyrs?
(a) He admires them.
(b) He is confused by them.
(c) He fears them.
(d) He is apathetic about them.
3. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
(a) Thomas Beckett.
(b) The Chorus..
(c) The Tempters.
(d) The Priests.
4. Where is the Interlude set?
(a) The Archbishop's Hall.
(b) The King's palace.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The gates of the Cathedral.
5. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Chorus.
(d) The Tempters..
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Interlude take place?
2. In what year does the Interlude take place?
3. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
4. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
5. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)