|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
2. In what year does the Interlude take place?
3. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
4. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) At kissing time below the stairs.
(b) On Christmas Day.
(c) At night when the fires are lit.
(d) On ChristmasEve.
5. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(a) They die for the salvation of men.
(b) They do it for the glory of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
2. What does Beckett call his congregation?
3. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
4. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
5. Why might the public react this way?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)