|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
2. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of an uncertain quantity.
(b) At price of his devotion to God.
(c) At price of his immortal soul.
(d) At price of a certain submission.
3. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
4. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
5. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
(a) All of the characters other than Beckett fall silent.
(b) The First Tempter speaks in verse.
(c) The play becomes one monologue.
(d) All of the characters speak in riddles.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first scene featuring the three Priests, the Chorus speaks again. What do they wish the Archbishop to do?
2. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
3. Why was the Tempter successful?
4. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
5. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)