|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
(a) To lead them.
(b) To instill fear in them.
(c) To being mankind back to His ways.
(d) To warn them.
2. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
(a) Life is suffering and suffering is death.
(b) Everything is suffering and suffering is everthing.
(c) Action is suffering and suffering is action.
(d) Suffering is life and life is action.
3. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
(b) The blessing of God.
(c) Favor from the Church.
(d) Happiness for the People of England.
4. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(b) The Women of Canturbury.
(c) The Hand of God.
(d) The Poor of Canterbury.
5. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Miracles of Christ.
(b) The Resurrection of Christ.
(c) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(d) The Birth of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
2. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
3. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
4. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
5. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)