|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
(a) Death by martyrdom.
(b) Death by crucifixion.
(c) Peace in Heaven.
(d) A happy ending.
2. How does the chorus define its time in Canterbury since the Archbishop left seven years previous?
(a) Living and partly living.
(b) Living and partly suffering.
(c) Dying and partly dying.
(d) Living and partly dying.
3. Why might the public react this way?
(a) They hate the English King.
(b) They hate the dictator Archbishop.
(c) They have great love and loyalty for Thomas Beckett.
(d) They don't care what happens to Thomas Beckett.
4. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
(a) The First Priest and the First Tempter.
(b) The Third Priest and Thomas Becket.
(c) The First Priest and the Second Priest.
(d) The Chorus and Thomas Becket.
5. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
(a) A new love.
(b) His former political position.
(c) A new life.
(d) The English throne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Biblical story does Beckett mention?
2. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
3. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
4. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
5. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)