|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) higher vices; higher prices.
(b) lies; the end.
(c) piety; reckoning.
(d) life; your strife.
2. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
(a) To prepare the audience for the events of Part II.
(b) To show the audience how unwilling Beckett is concerning his fate.
(c) To instill the fear of God .
(d) To allow the audience a break .
3. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(b) The Archbishop has left France.
(c) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
(d) The Pope has excommunicated the King
4. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) King Henry II.
(b) The Pope.
(c) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(d) The King of France.
5. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
(b) Poor folk.
(c) Lonely folk.
(d) Small folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
2. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
3. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
4. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
5. What is the last word of the Interlude?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)