|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
(a) To show the audience how unwilling Beckett is concerning his fate.
(b) To prepare the audience for the events of Part II.
(c) To allow the audience a break .
(d) To instill the fear of God .
2. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
(a) Fires devouring the winter season.
(b) Fluting in the meadows.
(c) Spring melting the winter ice.
(d) Singing at nightfall.
3. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He helps Beckett find peace.
(b) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(c) He represents the people.
(d) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
4. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
5. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the first scene featuring the three Priests, the Chorus speaks again. What do they wish the Archbishop to do?
2. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
3. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
4. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
5. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)