|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
(a) To prepare his followers for his death.
(b) To submit to the Tempters.
(c) To help define peace for his congregation.
(d) To celebrate martyrdom.
2. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
3. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
4. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The King of France.
(d) King Henry II.
5. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) A wife singing to her children.
(b) The Pope at peace with the King.
(c) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(d) Barons at peace with the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
2. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
3. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
4. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
5. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)