|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) St. John the Apostle.
(c) Archbishop Beckett.
(d) Archbishop Elphage.
2. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
3. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(b) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(c) The Christmas pageant.
(d) Taking Communion.
4. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
5. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
(b) The Past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last word of the Interlude?
2. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
3. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
4. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)