|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Tempters..
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Chorus.
2. What is the last word of the Interlude?
3. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
4. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
(a) He is too sad to speak any more.
(b) He is out of ideas.
(c) He believes he will be murdered soon.
(d) He doesn't want to give them false hope.
5. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
(a) It's strange since the world has constantly been at war.
(b) It's frightening since there have been no angels seen since.
(c) Nothing, he and the people of Canterbury contnue to lead mundane lives.
(d) It's laughable since no one has ever felt that peace they were promised.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
2. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
3. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
4. What does Beckett call his congregation?
5. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)