|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
(a) All of the characters speak in riddles.
(b) The play becomes one monologue.
(c) All of the characters other than Beckett fall silent.
(d) The First Tempter speaks in verse.
2. What is the last word of the Interlude?
3. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(c) Frequent Malversation.
4. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) To prove the King wrong.
(b) For revenge.
(c) For the glory of martyrdom.
(d) To aid in the salvation of man.
5. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(b) He represents the people.
(c) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(d) He helps Beckett find peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
2. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
3. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
4. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
5. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)