|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(b) Taking Communion.
(c) The Christmas pageant.
(d) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
3. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Chorus..
(b) Thomas Beckett.
(c) The Priests.
(d) The Tempters.
4. "The wheel" is spoken of time and time again. In one instance Becket says that "Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns." What is the idea of a wheel supposed to symbolize?
(b) The Past.
5. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) In Christ's name.
(b) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
(c) God bless us, every one.
(d) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
2. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
3. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
4. In what year does the Interlude take place?
5. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)