|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
2. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
(a) The King of France.
(b) Greedy merchants.
(c) King Henry II.
(d) Rebellious bishops.
3. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
(a) Because the Pope would not allow it.
(b) Because the King would not allow it.
(c) Because he excommunicated them.
(d) Because the Pope excommunicated Beckett.
4. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
(a) Rejoice; weep.
(b) Mourn; rejoice.
(c) Laugh; weep.
(d) Stay; go.
5. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
2. What Biblical quote does Beckett repeat?
3. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
4. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
5. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)