|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
(a) The Fourth Tempter.
(b) Thomas Beckett.
(c) The Second Tempter.
(d) The Second Tempter.
2. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) No one listened to them.
(b) The world was already a happy place.
(c) The world has been struck by war.
(d) The angels ceased to appear
3. What, according to the First Tempter, "should be more than biting Time can sever?"
4. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
5. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By giving his money to the people.
(d) By killing the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
2. What would be the most likely reaction of the Canterbury people that this is Beckett's last sermon?
3. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
4. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
5. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)