|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
(a) To being mankind back to His ways.
(b) To warn them.
(c) To instill fear in them.
(d) To lead them.
2. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
(a) The Birth of Christ.
(b) The Resurrection of Christ.
(c) The Miracles of Christ.
(d) The Passion and Death of Christ
3. When will the First Tempter remember Becket?
(a) On ChristmasEve.
(b) At kissing time below the stairs.
(c) On Christmas Day.
(d) At night when the fires are lit.
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) The hope and peace it offers.
(b) The love of God.
(c) Its sadness and greatness.
(d) Its meaning and mystery.
5. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) The hard times of the poor.
(b) The good time past.
(c) The danger he is in.
(d) His loyalty to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
2. What is one thing the Third Tempter and his party want from Beckett?
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
5. Where is the Interlude set?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)