|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
2. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Tempters..
(d) The Chorus.
3. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
(a) A happy ending.
(b) Peace in Heaven.
(c) Death by crucifixion.
(d) Death by martyrdom.
4. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
5. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
2. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
4. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
5. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)