|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing that the Chorus asks from God?
2. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
(a) The King of France.
(b) Rebellious bishops.
(c) Greedy merchants.
(d) King Henry II.
3. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
4. What is not one of the topics of Beckett's sermon in the Interlude?
(a) The meaning of Christmas.
5. What is the irony that Beckett points out to the Priests upon his entrance in Part II?
(a) "The moment foreseen may be unexpected when it arrives."
(b) "The moment unforseen may be expected when it arrives."
(c) I didn't see this coming."
(d) The moment is expected is still expected."
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Priests doing when they enter?
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
3. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
4. What is one thing both the Priests and the Chorus do after Beckett is killed?
5. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)