|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
(a) Death by martyrdom.
(b) Peace in Heaven.
(c) A happy ending.
(d) Death by crucifixion.
2. What is the name of the First Knight?
(a) William de Traci.
(b) Hugh de Morville.
(c) Reginald Fitz Urse.
(d) Richard Brito.
3. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) The love of God.
(b) Its meaning and mystery.
(c) The hope and peace it offers.
(d) Its sadness and greatness.
4. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
(a) Temptation, and the life with temptation.
(b) Shadows, and the strife with shadows.
(c) God and his mercy.
(d) God and his greatness.
5. Where does Beckett insist that the crimes against him should be formally stated?
(a) In public.
(b) In a court of law.
(c) In the Church.
(d) In private.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
2. What is the major question the Fourth Knight asks of the audience?
3. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
4. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
5. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)