|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
2. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(b) The impossible, the undesirable .
3. What does Beckett demand of the Priests?
(a) Help him hide.
(b) Bar the door.
(c) Save him.
(d) Unbar the door.
4. What idea does the Fourth Tempter repeat that Beckett voiced on his first entrance?
(a) Suffering is life and life is action.
(b) Action is suffering and suffering is action.
(c) Everything is suffering and suffering is everthing.
(d) Life is suffering and suffering is death.
5. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
(a) Temptation, and the life with temptation.
(b) God and his mercy.
(c) God and his greatness.
(d) Shadows, and the strife with shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do the Priests continually mull over?
2. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
3. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
4. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
5. Who protects Beckett from physical harm when he is first attacked?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)