|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
(a) Death by martyrdom.
(b) Peace in Heaven.
(c) Death by crucifixion.
(d) A happy ending.
2. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
(a) The first.
(b) The first to the second.
(c) The last to the last.
(d) The last from the first.
3. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
(a) An old stag, circled with hounds.
(b) A young doe, circled with wolves.
(c) An old fox, circled with hounds.
(d) An old dog, circled with wolves.
4. What is one of the major sentiments of the Chorus' "death-bringer" speech?
5. Who does the first Knight believe the audience is rooting for?
(a) The underdog.
(b) The loser.
(c) The Knights.
(d) The winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
2. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
3. What may be one of the reasons for this sermon?
4. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
5. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)