|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(b) They do it for the glory of God.
(c) They die for the salvation of men.
2. On what date does Part II take place?
(a) December 30th.
(b) December 29th.
(c) December 25th.
(d) December 31st.
3. Who does Beckett parallel himself with when he says "blood for blood?"
(a) St. Stephen.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The Knights.
(d) The Priests.
4. What is not one of the things the Knights ask Thomas Beckett to do?
(a) Absolve those he excommunicated.
(b) Sever all ties with the Pope and the French King.
(c) Restore money to the King.
(d) Renew his allegience to the King.
5. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Holy Innocents.
(b) The disciples.
(c) St. Stephen.
(d) Shepards of bethlehem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
2. How does Beckett feel about martyrs?
3. What is it that the Second Tempter offers Becket?
4. When the Knights are taunting Beckett, where do they continually ask him to go?
5. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)