|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the First Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Elphage.
(b) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
(c) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
(d) The banner of St. Stephen.
2. What, according to the Second Knight, is in the English spirit?
(b) Fair play.
3. Which specific Canterbury martyr does Beckett ask the congregation to remember?
(a) Archbishop Elphage.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) Archbishop Beckett.
(d) St. John the Apostle.
4. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
5. Which Knight does Beckett single out as a Traitor?
(a) Reginald Fitz Urst.
(b) Hugh de Morville.
(c) William de Traci.
(d) Richard Brito.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beckett parallel himself with when he says "blood for blood?"
2. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
3. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
4. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
5. Where is the Interlude set?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)