|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) The hope and peace it offers.
(b) Its meaning and mystery.
(c) The love of God.
(d) Its sadness and greatness.
2. According to the Four Tempters, what is man's life?
(a) A cheat and a disappointment.
(b) An inconvenience to God.
(c) A fleeting moment.
(d) A viscious cycle.
3. What is NOT one of the instructions of the First Knight to the other three?
(a) Disperse to their homes.
(b) Go straight to the King.
(c) Do nothing to provoke a public outbreak.
(d) Not loiter in groups.
4. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The Archbishop has left France.
(b) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(c) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
(d) The Pope has excommunicated the King
5. Why does Beckett believe the thought of the angels bringing peace is strange?
(a) The world has been struck by war.
(b) The angels ceased to appear
(c) The world was already a happy place.
(d) No one listened to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Part II take place?
2. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
3. Who does Beckett parallel himself with when he says "blood for blood?"
4. What does the Third Priest bring in?
5. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)