|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does Part II take place?
(a) December 31st.
(b) December 29th.
(c) December 30th.
(d) December 25th.
2. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) To aid in the salvation of man.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To prove the King wrong.
(d) For the glory of martyrdom.
3. Where were the Knights before they came to Canterbury?
(b) The Ocean.
(c) In Exile.
4. Fill in the blanks: "For who on the world will both _______ and ________ at once and for the same reason?"
(a) Stay; go.
(b) Mourn; rejoice.
(c) Laugh; weep.
(d) Rejoice; weep.
5. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(b) The Pope has excommunicated the King
(c) The Archbishop has left France.
(d) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beckett parallel himself with when he says "blood for blood?"
2. When Beckett mentions the shepherd and his fold, who or what is he referring to?
3. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
4. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
5. What is the major point that the Third Knights wishes to relate to the audience?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)