|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Beckett have the congregation do?
(a) Forget his words.
(b) Remember his words.
(c) See the light.
(d) Avenge his death.
2. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
(a) The First Priest and the First Tempter.
(b) The First Priest and the Second Priest.
(c) The Chorus and Thomas Becket.
(d) The Third Priest and Thomas Becket.
3. What is the last thing the Chorus asks Beckett to do?
(a) Smile for them.
(b) Die for them.
(c) Weep for them.
(d) Pray for them .
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) Its meaning and mystery.
(b) The hope and peace it offers.
(c) Its sadness and greatness.
(d) The love of God.
5. How do the priests finally get Beckett to go to the altar?
(a) The persuade him.
(b) They force him.
(c) They leave him.
(d) They plead with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beckett believe that the local bishops would not support a power move like regaining his Chancellorship?
2. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
3. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
4. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)