|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
(a) A deer.
(b) A louse.
(c) An eagle.
(d) An ant.
2. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
(c) Blank verse.
3. Out of the following choices, which would be the least likely reason behind the sermon?
(a) To submit to the Tempters.
(b) To celebrate martyrdom.
(c) To prepare his followers for his death.
(d) To help define peace for his congregation.
4. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Poor folk.
(b) Lonely folk.
(c) Small folk.
(d) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
5. What is the major question the Fourth Knight asks of the audience?
(a) Who is the real villain?
(b) Who are you?
(c) Who killed the Archbishop?
(d) Why didn't you save him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
2. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
3. Where does Beckett insist that the crimes against him should be formally stated?
4. What part of the Knights' claim does Beckett doubt to be true?
5. What is the last thing that the Chorus asks from God?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)