|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
(b) The Knights.
(c) The King.
(d) The Pope.
2. Beckett believes he has already conquered the beasts; how will he have his final triumph?
(a) By living.
(b) By winning.
(c) By destroying his fear.
(d) By suffering.
3. What is the name of the Third Knight?
(a) Hugh de Morville.
(b) William de Traci.
(c) Reginald Fitz Urse.
(d) Richard Brito.
4. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
(a) Worms in the belly.
(b) Horses in the stalls.
(c) Frogs in the treetops.
(d) Chickens in a coop.
5. What is not one of the things the Knights ask Thomas Beckett to do?
(a) Absolve those he excommunicated.
(b) Renew his allegience to the King.
(c) Restore money to the King.
(d) Sever all ties with the Pope and the French King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing the Chorus asks Beckett to do?
2. How many visitors did Beckett expect?
3. What word do the Priests continually mull over?
4. When is Holy Innocents Day?
5. How does Beckett close his sermon?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)