|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
(a) To witness the events and take no action.
(b) To warn Thomas Becket.
(c) To serve the Priests of the Cathedral.
(d) To prevent a murder.
2. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) To aid in the salvation of man.
(b) For the glory of martyrdom.
(c) To prove the King wrong.
(d) For revenge.
3. What is the year in which Part II takes place?
4. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The sleeping dog.
(c) The stillness of water.
(d) The swept hearth.
5. On what date does Part II take place?
(a) December 31st.
(b) December 29th.
(c) December 30th.
(d) December 25th.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
2. What is the major point that the Third Knights wishes to relate to the audience?
3. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
4. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
5. When the Knights are taunting Beckett, where do they continually ask him to go?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)