|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
(b) The Pope has excommunicated the King
(c) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
(d) The Archbishop has left France.
2. What does the Chorus continue to reference in the speech that begins, "I have smelt them, the death-bringers..."
(a) The four seasons.
(b) The seven days of the week.
(c) The years ahead.
(d) The five senses.
3. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(d) Frequent Malversation.
4. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
5. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) Edward III.
(b) Henry II.
(c) James I.
(d) Richard I.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Interlude take place?
2. What did the Fourth Knight call Thomas Beckett?
3. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
4. What does the scene change to when the Priests and Beckett exit?
5. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)