|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Beckett mentions the shepherd and his fold, who or what is he referring to?
(a) Himself and the Priests.
(b) Himself and the barons.
(c) Himself and the people of Canterbury.
(d) Himself and the King.
2. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
3. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) God will show his wrath.
(b) HIs goose may be cooked.
(c) Everything will be set right.
(d) His fat lady will sing.
4. What does the First Priest bring in?
(a) The banner of St. Elphage.
(b) The banner of St. Stephen.
(c) The banner of St. John the Apostle.
(d) The banner of the Holy Innocents.
5. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
(b) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(c) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(d) Where the Archbishop is staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
2. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
3. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
4. What does Beckett call his congregation?
5. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)