|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Third Tempter describe himself?
(a) A rough, straightforward Englishman.
(b) A surly English peasant
(c) A man who is rich in spirit
(d) A rough and angry follower of the king
2. Finish the sentence: "I am not in danger..."
(a) "...only near to God."
(b) "...only alone."
(c) "...only near to the Void."
(d) "... only near to Death."
3. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
4. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
5. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) The hard times of the poor.
(b) His loyalty to the king.
(c) The good time past.
(d) The danger he is in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
2. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
3. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
4. According to Beckett, who condemned the bishops?
5. What is the major point that the Third Knights wishes to relate to the audience?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)