|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
(a) The Third.
(b) The Second.
(c) The Fourth.
(d) The First.
2. How does the First Knight respond when the First Priest offers them dinner?
(a) Dinner before business.
(b) Business before dinner.
(c) We must see the Archbishop.
(d) Roast pork is nice.
3. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
(a) He is too sad to speak any more.
(b) He doesn't want to give them false hope.
(c) He is out of ideas.
(d) He believes he will be murdered soon.
4. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
(a) At price of his immortal soul.
(b) At price of a certain submission.
(c) At price of his devotion to God.
(d) At price of an uncertain quantity.
5. What did the Fourth Knight call Thomas Beckett?
(a) The King's servant.
(b) The underdog.
(c) A monster of egotism.
(d) The King's tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of the group?
2. What is not one of the things the Knights ask Thomas Beckett to do?
3. In what city is Beckett's birthplace located?
4. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
5. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)