|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) Barons at peace with the King.
(b) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(c) A wife singing to her children.
(d) The Pope at peace with the King.
2. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
3. What is NOT one of the crimes the Knights accuse Beckett of?
(a) Breaking his oath to the King.
(c) Betraying the King.
(d) Betraing the Pope.
4. Who or what does Beckett say has final word over the King?
(a) The law of England.
(b) The law of the Archbishop.
(c) The law of the church.
(d) No one has final word over the King.
5. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
2. What is one of the things the Knights compare Beckett to?
3. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
4. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
5. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)