|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Beckett would allow himself to be killed?
(a) To aid in the salvation of man.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To prove the King wrong.
(d) For the glory of martyrdom.
2. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
(b) God bless us, every one.
(c) In Christ's name.
(d) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
3. What does the Fourth Knight believe was the cause of Beckett's death?
(c) Natural causes.
4. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(b) John the Baptist.
5. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Taking Communion.
(b) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(c) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(d) The Christmas pageant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
2. What are one of the specific crimes against the King that the Knights speak of?
3. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
4. What metaphor does the Third Priest use to compare the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
5. What is another observation Beckett has about his approaching murder?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)