|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) James I.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Henry II.
(d) Richard I.
2. In what city of England does the story take place?
3. Whose idea is being echoed when Beckett talks of the promise of peace being "a disappointment and a cheat?"
(a) The Four Knights.
(b) The Chorus.
(c) The Four Tempters.
(d) The Three Priests.
4. What characters make their first appearance in Part II?
(a) The Archbishop.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) The Three Priests.
(d) The Four Knights.
5. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
(a) A man given peace by God.
(b) Someone killed for the glory of God.
(c) An instrument of God.
(d) A Christian killed because he is a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the Interlude take place?
2. Who protects Beckett from physical harm when he is first attacked?
3. What may be one of the reasons for this sermon?
4. What does the Messenger say were the last words of Thomas Becket to the King of England before the Archbishop's exile?
5. What does the scene change to when the Priests and Beckett exit?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)