|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(b) By killing the King.
(c) By giving his money to the people.
(d) By becoming a martyr.
2. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The Pope at peace with the King.
(b) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(c) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
(d) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
3. What literary tool does T.S. Eliot use throughout the Interlude?
(a) String of consciousness.
(c) Free verse.
4. Why does Beckett believe we should celebrate martyrs?
(a) They do it for the glory of God.
(c) They die for the salvation of men.
5. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Poor of Canterbury.
(b) The Women of Canturbury.
(c) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(d) The Hand of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Knights' visit?
2. Where were the Knights before they came to Canterbury?
3. According to Beckett's speech, what was the fate of the disciples?
4. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
5. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)