|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Priests doing when they enter?
2. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
3. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
(a) The people of the world.
(b) His disciples.
(c) Beckett himself.
(d) His angels.
4. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
(a) Doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
(c) Doing the thing you cannot do.
(d) Doing the right deed for the wrong reason.
5. In what year does the Interlude take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
2. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
3. How was the Tempter unsuccessful?
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
5. When Beckett mentions the shepherd and his fold, who or what is he referring to?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)