|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
(b) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(c) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(d) Where the Archbishop is staying.
2. What is the first idea that Becket relates to his audience and what does he insist that the Chorus "know and do not know?"
(a) Suffering is everything and everything is suffering.
(b) The world is suffering and they are the world.
(c) Action is suffering and suffering is action.
(d) Life is suffering and suffering is death.
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. What group of people does the Chorus consist of?
(a) The Women of Canturbury.
(b) The Poor of Canterbury.
(c) The Ghosts of Canterbury.
(d) The Hand of God.
5. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Interlude take place?
2. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
4. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
5. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)