|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
(b) John the Baptist.
2. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(b) Frequent Malversation.
3. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
(a) The love of God.
(b) The hope and peace it offers.
(c) Its sadness and greatness.
(d) Its meaning and mystery.
4. What is the first word that Becket speaks on his first entrance?
5. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
(a) Doing the thing you cannot do.
(c) Doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
(d) Doing the right deed for the wrong reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas Beckett's thought end?: "If the Archbishop cannot trust the Throne/ He has good cause to trust none but _____________"
2. What does the Second Tempter tell Beckett he will be like if he continues on course?
3. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
4. What does Beckett call his congregation?
5. What is the first idea that Becket relates to his audience and what does he insist that the Chorus "know and do not know?"
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)