|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Gospel does Beckett quote in the opening of his sermon?
2. What is the last word of the Interlude?
3. What is NOT one of the things that Beckett says they rejoice in?
(a) Taking Communion.
(b) Christ coming for the salvation of men.
(c) The sacrifice of Christ for our sins.
(d) The Christmas pageant.
4. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) The danger he is in.
(b) The hard times of the poor.
(c) His loyalty to the king.
(d) The good time past.
5. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
(a) The play becomes one monologue.
(b) All of the characters speak in riddles.
(c) The First Tempter speaks in verse.
(d) All of the characters other than Beckett fall silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
2. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
3. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
4. How does Beckett close his sermon?
5. Defined by Beckett, who was the first martyr whose sacrifice is celebrated the day after Christmas?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)