|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to describe what Beckett seems to feel for his congregation?
2. What would be the most likely reaction of the Canterbury people that this is Beckett's last sermon?
(a) Shock and confusion.
(b) None of these.
(c) Happiness and celebration.
(d) Apathy and boredom.
3. What is NOT a reason that Beckett gives for God choosing to have martyrs?
(a) To being mankind back to His ways.
(b) To lead them.
(c) To warn them.
(d) To instill fear in them.
4. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) The disappearance of several girls.
(b) Brewing beer.
(c) A good harvest.
(d) The town burning down.
5. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Second Tempter claim real power is purchased?
2. What is the last word of the Interlude?
3. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
5. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)