|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the fourth visitor the most successful Tempter?
(a) He helps Beckett find peace.
(b) He makes peace between Beckett and the King.
(c) He voices Beckett's own desires.
(d) He represents the people.
2. Why does Beckett tell the people that he may never preach to them again?
(a) He is out of ideas.
(b) He doesn't want to give them false hope.
(c) He believes he will be murdered soon.
(d) He is too sad to speak any more.
3. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
(a) Doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
(c) Doing the right deed for the wrong reason.
(d) Doing the thing you cannot do.
4. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
(a) Beckett himself.
(b) His disciples.
(c) His angels.
(d) The people of the world.
5. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
2. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
3. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
4. What is the feeling of the general public in regard to the Archbishop's return?
5. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)