|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the First Priest compare the women of Canterbury to?
(a) Horses in the stalls.
(b) Frogs in the treetops.
(c) Worms in the belly.
(d) Chickens in a coop.
2. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
(b) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(c) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(d) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
3. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Birth of Christ.
(b) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(c) The Miracles of Christ.
(d) The Resurrection of Christ.
4. How does Beckett close his sermon?
(a) Peace on earth, and goodwill toward men.
(b) In Christ's name.
(c) God bless us, every one.
(d) In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
5. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is celebrated that day?
2. What position did Becket resign when he was made Archbishop?
3. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
4. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
5. How does the structure of the dialogue change during Becket's first temptation?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)