|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last word of the Interlude?
2. Fill in the blank: "I leave you to the pleasure of your __________, Which will have to be paid for at ______________."
(a) higher vices; higher prices.
(b) life; your strife.
(c) piety; reckoning.
(d) lies; the end.
3. What doesn't the Third Priest see in "the art of temporal government?"
(b) Frequent Malversation.
4. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Holy Innocents.
(b) Shepards of bethlehem.
(c) The disciples.
(d) St. Stephen.
5. What, according to the First Tempter, "should be more than biting Time can sever?"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
2. According to the information in the opening monologue, how many years have passed since the Archbishop has left the city?
3. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
4. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
5. Who are the first two characters who speak of "the wheel" on separate occasions?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)