|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Tempters..
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Chorus.
2. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
(a) The last from the first.
(b) The first to the second.
(c) The first.
(d) The last to the last.
3. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(b) The Pope at peace with the King.
(c) Barons at peace with the King.
(d) A wife singing to her children.
4. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
(a) King Henry II.
(b) The King of France.
(c) Greedy merchants.
(d) Rebellious bishops.
5. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A peaceful affair.
(b) A silly affair.
(c) A patched-up affair.
(d) A violent affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
2. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
3. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
4. What is not one of the things that the Tempter describes in his flashback of the "good time" Becket used to enjoy in his service to King Henry?
5. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)