|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Becket call "the springtime fancy?"
(b) The impossible, the undesirable .
2. Finish the thought of the First Tempter: "A man will often love what he ______."
3. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By killing the King.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(d) By giving his money to the people.
4. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
(a) The Holy Innocents.
(b) St. Stephen.
(c) Shepards of bethlehem.
(d) The disciples.
5. What does the First Tempter predict for Becket if he does not "leave well alone?"
(a) His fat lady will sing.
(b) Everything will be set right.
(c) HIs goose may be cooked.
(d) God will show his wrath.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does the sermon take place?
2. What does the Third Tempter believe upon his arrival?
3. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
4. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
5. In the opening of the Interlude, how does Beckett describe his sermon to the audience?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)