|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Miracles of Christ.
(b) The Birth of Christ.
(c) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(d) The Resurrection of Christ.
2. What character(s) opens the play with the first monologue?
(a) The Chorus.
(b) The Priests.
(c) The Messenger.
(d) Thomas Becket.
3. How does the Chorus describe itself?
(a) Poor folk.
(b) Small folk.
(c) Representative of all people of Canterbury.
(d) Lonely folk.
4. What is another way Beckett refuses to define a martyr?
(a) Someone who has lost his will to a higher one.
(b) An accident of chance.
(c) Someone both mourned and celebrated.
(d) Someone who does not desire anything for himself.
5. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) His loyalty to the king.
(b) The hard times of the poor.
(c) The good time past.
(d) The danger he is in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
2. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
3. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
4. What does Beckett ask the audience to remember about Christmas mass?
5. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)