|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking at the clues in the Interlude, which Tempter proved to be the most successful?
(a) The First.
(b) The Fourth.
(c) The Second.
(d) The Third.
2. What does the First Tempter tell Becket he remembers?
(a) The danger he is in.
(b) His loyalty to the king.
(c) The good time past.
(d) The hard times of the poor.
3. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By killing the King.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By giving his money to the people.
(d) By becoming the Chancellor again.
4. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
(b) Blank verse.
5. What important message does the Messenger convey to the Priests?
(a) The Archbishop has left France.
(b) The Archbishop has arrived at the city.
(c) The Pope has excommunicated the King
(d) The King has ordered the execution of Thomas Becket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT an adjective you might use to define Beckett's sermon?
2. On what date does the Interlude take place?
3. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
4. What month does the Second Tempter say Beckett will have power?
5. What does Beckett call his congregation?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)