|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
2. Who does Becket say saved him from the wrath of his enemies?
(a) John, the Dean of Salisbury.
(b) King Henry II.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The King of France.
3. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
4. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
(a) Doing the thing you cannot do.
(c) Doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
(d) Doing the right deed for the wrong reason.
5. How does the Fourth Tempter claim Beckett can have ultimate glory and power over the King of England?
(a) By killing the King.
(b) By becoming a martyr.
(c) By becoming the Chancellor again.
(d) By giving his money to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett, what is one way you cannot define a martyr?
2. What is another way Beckett defines peace?
3. In Part One, where does the action of the play take place?
4. Who was NOT mentioned in Beckett's sermon?
5. What does Beckett claim the Fourth Tempter offers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)