|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT one of the events that Becket describes in the lives of the disciples?
2. What is one way that Beckett defines peace?
(a) The kingdom of England at peace with its neighbors.
(b) The Pope at peace with the King.
(c) The people of Canterbury at peace with their fate.
(d) The entire world at peace with no war in sight.
3. What ruler of England does the Second Priest refer to as "the stubborn King?"
(a) James I.
(b) Richard I.
(c) Henry II.
(d) Edward III.
4. What does the First Priest believe was Becket's character flaw that ultimately brought an end to his friendship with the King?
5. What does the Messenger call the relationship between the King and the Archbishop?
(a) A violent affair.
(b) A peaceful affair.
(c) A silly affair.
(d) A patched-up affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who might be the least likely character to show up to Beckett's sermon?
2. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
3. What does Beckett believe to be the last temptation and what he fears the most?
4. On what date does the Interlude take place?
5. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)