|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might be the purpose of the Interlude?
(a) To allow the audience a break .
(b) To show the audience how unwilling Beckett is concerning his fate.
(c) To prepare the audience for the events of Part II.
(d) To instill the fear of God .
2. What is NOT one of the ways Beckett defines peace?
(a) Drinking wine with a friend at a table.
(b) The Pope at peace with the King.
(c) Barons at peace with the King.
(d) A wife singing to her children.
3. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
(a) A brave man.
(b) A simple man.
(c) A messenger.
(d) An instrument of God.
4. In what year does the Interlude take place?
5. Fill in the blank:" ...so in Heaven the Saints are most _______, having made themselves most _______..."
(a) High; low.
(b) Low; high
(c) At peace; at war
(d) Dead; alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best way to define the style in which T.S. Eliot wrote the Interlude?
2. Beckett asks the congregation to think about the meaning of what word?
3. What is an effective speaking tool that Beckett uses in his speech?
4. What does the Chorus claim is their purpose in the action of the play?
5. Knowing what you know about the situation Beckett is in and his character traits, what might be the most likely way to describe Beckett's state of being after his last speech to his flock?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)