|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the events of the past seven years that the Chorus describes?
(a) Brewing beer.
(b) The disappearance of several girls.
(c) A good harvest.
(d) The town burning down.
2. What are the priests eager to know once the Messenger has delivered his initial message?
(a) How much time they have before the Archbishop arrives.
(b) Where the Archbishop is staying.
(c) If the King has learned of the Archbishop's return from France.
(d) If the King and the Archbishop have made peace.
3. According to the Third Tempter, what does friendship depend upon?
4. What does Becket claim is the "substance of our first act?"
(a) Temptation, and the life with temptation.
(b) God and his greatness.
(c) Shadows, and the strife with shadows.
(d) God and his mercy.
5. What is not one of the ways the Chorus, the priests and the Tempters describe an unexpected death?
(a) Slipping on a step.
(b) Drowning in a ditch.
(c) Attacked by dogs.
(d) Taking a shock to the skull.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beckett, who was the Lord speaking to when he said, "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you?"
2. Who states that "Power is present. Holiness hereafter?"
3. What does Beckett see himself as, in reference to his definitions of martyrdom?
4. Why might the public react this way?
5. What does Beckett believe about the peace that the world was promised?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)