|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beckett call his congregation?
(a) God's worshippers.
(b) Dear children of God..
(c) My dearest flock.
(d) Beloved children.
2. What, according to Beckett, is reenacted during Mass?
(a) The Passion and Death of Christ.
(b) The Birth of Christ.
(c) The Resurrection of Christ.
(d) The Miracles of Christ.
3. Who is the only one who can bring Beckett peace?
(a) The Tempters..
(b) The Knights.
(c) The Chorus.
4. Whose words and ideas does Beckett NOT reference in his sermon?
(a) The Three Priests.
(b) The Four Tempters.
(c) God's angels.
5. According to the Chorus, what does the Archbishop bring into Canterbury?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Becket say may have intercepted his letters and planned his demise?
2. In what year does Murder in the Cathedral take place?
3. What are the words Beckett quotes from the Bible?
4. What does the Messenger say were the last words of Thomas Becket to the King of England before the Archbishop's exile?
5. What is the first action that the Second Priest wants to take to welcome the Archbishop back to Canterbury?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)