|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Constantine claim that the Princess could not have killed Ratchett?
2. Who is Antonio Foscarelli?
3. What is the difference between the even numbered and the odd numbered compartments?
4. Who turns out to be Daisy Armstrong's former nurse?
5. Poirot suspects the murderer of being __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What other thing did the Princess lie about to Poirot?
2. Where does Poirot find the missing uniform?
3. What is the true identity of Miss Debenham?
4. What point does MacQueen reiterate when Poirot approaches him to conduct a search?
5. What is the true identity of the Countess Adrenyi?
6. Which of Poirot's questions trips up Miss Debenham?
7. What item does Poirot expect to find in Hildegard Schmidt's luggage?
8. What discovery caused Poirot to link the handkerchief to the Countess?
9. How does the Countess act when Poirot is searching through her luggage?
10. Why does Bouc have suspicions about Foscarelli?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Hubbard lies about several items from the bloody knife in her sponge bag to the handle of the connecting compartment doors behind hidden from view. How could these mistakes have been avoided? How did Mrs. Hubbard attempt to cover up? What might you have done in the same situation?
Essay Topic 2
First impressions play a large part in the story. When Miss Debenham saw Poirot she referred to the detective as "peculiar but harmless." Explain how Poirot would have assessed his first impression of Miss Debenham, Colonel Arbuthnot, and Cassetti/Ratchett.
How did Poirot happen to be on the same train as the victim? Was it by accident or was it planned? How did Poirot react when he realized that Colonel Arbuthnot and Miss Debenham were also on the train?
Essay Topic 3
How did Poirot happen to be on the same train as the victim? Was it by accident or was it planned? How did Poirot react when he realized that Colonel Arbuthnot and Miss Debenham were also on the train? How might the case have been different if Poirot had been able to decipher the relationship between the Colonel and Miss Debenham?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)