|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibly altered the murderer's plan?
2. Who is Masterman's alibi?
3. Which clue was most likely planted to mislead Poirot?
4. Who turns out to be Armstrong's former chauffeur?
5. What does Mrs. Hubbard insist on showing to the investigators?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the true identity of the Countess Adrenyi?
2. What caused the murderers' original plan to go awry?
3. What item is found in Mrs. Hubbard's sponge bag?
4. How does Poirot think the outcome would have changed if the police had been involved?
5. How does the Countess act when Poirot is searching through her luggage?
6. Where does Poirot find the missing uniform?
7. What is the true identity of Miss Debenham?
8. How does the Princess try to explain the monogram on the handkerchief.
9. Why does Poirot believe some of the clues have been faked?
10. What was Foscarelli's position with the Armstrong family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Hubbard is one character that exhibits the most erratic behavior while Miss Debenham always seems to be cold and without emotion. Compare and contrast the personalities of the two women. Which characteristics were real and which were contrived? How were they perceived by Poirot?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Constantine had a low opinion of Foscarelli. The doctor thought that Foscarelli could easily be responsible for the murder due to his nationality. What were Dr. Constantine's reasons for making such a statement? Do you think that the reputation of the Italians is justified? Is the prejudice still practiced today?
Essay Topic 3
Two puzzling clues were the unknown conductor and the woman in the scarlet kimono. What was the purpose of these ruses? Would the use of these non-existent people have fooled the police? Who do you think posed as these people? Was it one or more persons? How did Poirot know where to find the discarded items of clothing?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)