|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the family that died?
2. What is Mrs. Hubbard's native country?
3. Who is the first to be interviewed?
4. Who was the last person to see the victim alive?
5. Which passenger changes berths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the delay on the train?
2. What prompts the military officer to stay in Poirot's company at the train station?
3. What item was found that backed up Mrs. Hubbard's story?
4. How is Ratchett murdered?
5. How does Bouc describe Michel?
6. How did MacQueen become Ratchett's secretary?
7. What is Ratchett's reaction when he realizes that Poirot is now his neighbor?
8. What did Dr. Constantine find odd about some of Ratchett's wounds?
9. What were MacQueen's thoughts about Ratchett?
10. Why does the train stop in Belgrade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Poirot happen to be on the same train as the victim? Was it by accident or was it planned? How did Poirot react when he realized that Colonel Arbuthnot and Miss Debenham were also on the train? How might the case have been different if Poirot had been able to decipher the relationship between the Colonel and Miss Debenham?
Essay Topic 2
The snowstorm had a big impact on the murderers' plans. Explain how the storm changed the path of the crime as well as the ensuing investigation. Explore how the crime might have taken place if the train had not been stranded. Would you have insisted on going ahead with the plan even though there was a bigger danger of being caught? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Miss Debenham had more than reason to lie about her identity? What were the reasons? Do you think the reasons were practical or foolish? What could Miss Debenham have done that would have been more convincing?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)