|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person to admit to smoking a pipe?
2. What strange thing did Mrs. Hubbard see in her compartment?
3. How is Linda Arden related to Mrs. Armstrong?
4. Who do Princess Dragomiroff and Mrs. Armstrong have in common?
5. Who said Cassetti deserved to die for what he did?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ratchett murdered?
2. What is Ratchett's reaction when he realizes that Poirot is now his neighbor?
3. How did MacQueen become Ratchett's secretary?
4. What did Dr. Constantine find odd about some of Ratchett's wounds?
5. Why is Mrs. Hubbard nervous?
6. Who was last person to see Ratchett alive?
7. What item was found that backed up Mrs. Hubbard's story?
8. How does Colonel Arbuthnot react when Poirot questions him about Miss Debenham?
9. Where did the Count spend time during the Armstrong investigation?
10. What was the cause of death for Ratchett?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Debenham had more than reason to lie about her identity? What were the reasons? Do you think the reasons were practical or foolish? What could Miss Debenham have done that would have been more convincing?
Essay Topic 2
Early in the story, Ratchett told Poirot that he had enemies that might wish him harm. Ratchett never explained. How did Ratchett know that he might become a victim? What was the purpose of sending Ratchett the letter found on the train? Was it psychological revenge? State your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
Poirot took an instant dislike to Ratchett saying that he did not like the man's face. Poirot also refused to take Ratchett's case saying that he didn't need the money enough to take a case he wasn't interested in pursuing regardless of the reward. Explain what Poirot meant by the initial comment about his dislike of Ratchett. Do you think the reaction was due to instinct, training or experience? Explain.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)