|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot suspects the unknown conductor might also have the same identity as what other character?
(a) Count Andrenyi
(b) Pierre Michel
(c) Princess Dragomiroff
(d) The woman in the kimono
2. Who is Poirot most interested in at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Hildegarde Schmidt
(b) Unknown conductor
(c) Miss Debenham
(d) Dr. Constantine
3. Who is Masterman's alibi?
4. Most of the passengers seem to be related to what crime?
5. What does Mrs. Hubbard insist on showing to the investigators?
(c) Appendix scar
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the case makes it intriguing to Poirot?
2. What is the difference between the even numbered and the odd numbered compartments?
3. What is Miss Debenham's profession?
4. Who else does Poirot suspect of being employed at the Armstrong's house?
5. What item is found in Poirot's luggage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Colonel Arbuthnot react to Poirot's inquiry about the pipe cleaner?
2. How does Poirot think the outcome would have changed if the police had been involved?
3. What discovery caused Poirot to link the handkerchief to the Countess?
4. How does Dr. Constantine describe Miss Debenham?
5. How does Poirot manage to get the Count and Countess alone?
6. What point does MacQueen reiterate when Poirot approaches him to conduct a search?
7. How does the Countess act when Poirot is searching through her luggage?
8. Why did Miss Debenham lie about her former position?
9. Why does Bouc have suspicions about Foscarelli?
10. What was Foscarelli's position with the Armstrong family?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)