|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot expect to find in Hildegarde's luggage?
(a) Loose buttons
2. What is found in the pocket of the conductor's uniform?
(a) Gold coin
(b) Silver pocket watch
(c) Pass key
(d) Ratchett's pipe
3. Who else does Poirot suspect of being employed at the Armstrong's house?
(a) Arbuthnot and Andrenyi
(b) Hardman and Michel
(c) Ohlsson and MacQueen
(d) Hubbard and Schmidt
4. What is the real identity of the Countess?
(a) Ratchett's wife
(b) The Princess' mother
(c) Investigator for the train company
(d) Mrs. Armstrong's younger sister
5. Hildegarde Schmidt hesitated when discussing what object?
(a) Spiked coffee
(d) Torn dress
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Debenham's first name?
2. Which group of men investigated the murder?
3. M. Bouc is suspicious of what nationality?
4. Poirot suspects the murderer of being __________________.
5. What is Miss Debenham's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Miss Debenham's reaction when Poirot asked if she was upset about Ratchett's death?
2. How does the Princess try to explain the monogram on the handkerchief.
3. What is the true identity of Miss Debenham?
4. Why does Poirot believe some of the clues have been faked?
5. What does Poirot find when he goes to his compartment to get his cigarettes?
6. How does the Countess act when Poirot is searching through her luggage?
7. How does Hildegard Schmidt determine the time of the murder?
8. What point does MacQueen reiterate when Poirot approaches him to conduct a search?
9. Why did Miss Debenham lie about her former position?
10. How does Poirot think the outcome would have changed if the police had been involved?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)