|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the real identities of Debenham and Freebody?
(a) Ratchett's accomplices
(b) Department store owners
(c) Daisy Armstrong's brothers
(d) Police detectives
2. How does the Countess react to having her luggage searched?
3. What is the profession of Hildegarde Schmidt?
4. According to Poirot, who made "a very profound remark?"
5. What is different about Mrs. Hubbard's new compartment?
(a) There is no difference
(b) It is equipped with two beds
(c) It has an even number
(d) It has a private bath
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the even numbered and the odd numbered compartments?
2. What does Poirot expect to find in Hildegarde's luggage?
3. Who else does Poirot suspect of being employed at the Armstrong's house?
4. How does Poirot categorize Miss Debenham?
5. Poirot gives Michel a list of passengers and second list containing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Poirot manage to get the Count and Countess alone?
2. Why does Poirot believe some of the clues have been faked?
3. What item is found in Mrs. Hubbard's sponge bag?
4. How does Poirot think the outcome would have changed if the police had been involved?
5. What discovery caused Poirot to link the handkerchief to the Countess?
6. Why does Bouc have suspicions about Foscarelli?
7. Why did Miss Debenham lie about her former position?
8. What item convinces Bouc and Constantine that Poirot is on the right track?
9. What item does Poirot expect to find in Hildegard Schmidt's luggage?
10. What caused the murderers' original plan to go awry?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)