|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot claims there are how many possible solutions to the case?
2. Who is Antonio Foscarelli?
(a) Diplomatic attache
(b) An immigrant car salesman
(c) Prinvate investigator
3. Why was the luggage damp?
(a) It fell into the snow
(b) To soak off the ID label
(c) No one knows
(d) Michel spilled water on it
4. Why does Poirot suspect more than one murderer?
(a) Wounds were at varying heights
(b) Mrs. Hubbard heard two additional voices
(c) Wounds were left and right handed
(d) Ratchett had many enemies
5. Which clue was most likely planted to mislead Poirot?
(b) Pipe cleaner
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not pertain to the knife wounds?
2. Why does Poirot have to have special permission to search the Count and Countess' luggage?
3. What topic does Miss Debenham find impertinent?
4. Why does Constantine claim that the Princess could not have killed Ratchett?
5. What possibly altered the murderer's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Countess act when Poirot is searching through her luggage?
2. How did Colonel Arbuthnot react to Poirot's inquiry about the pipe cleaner?
3. How does Hildegard Schmidt determine the time of the murder?
4. What caused the murderers' original plan to go awry?
5. How does Poirot think the outcome would have changed if the police had been involved?
6. How does Poirot manage to get the Count and Countess alone?
7. What item does Poirot expect to find in Hildegard Schmidt's luggage?
8. What is the true identity of Miss Debenham?
9. What does Poirot find when he goes to his compartment to get his cigarettes?
10. Which of Poirot's questions trips up Miss Debenham?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)