|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot uncover about Ratchett?
(a) Ratchett was working undercover for Scotland Yard
(b) Ratchett was not really a doctor
(c) Ratchett was using an alias
(d) Ratchett was secretly married to the Princess
2. Poirot, Michel and MacQueen all saw what clue?
(a) Broken watch
(c) Open window
(d) Red kimono
3. What is Mrs. Hubbard's native country?
4. What is special about the Count's passport?
(a) It is a diplomatic passport
(b) It is a forgery
(c) It is from Spain
(d) It has been stolen
5. Who is Greta going to visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Greta Ohlsson borrow from Mrs. Hubbard?
2. What does Ratchett offer to Poirot?
3. Where does Poirot board the train?
4. In what season does the story take place?
5. Where does the train stop in the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason is Poirot's berth changed?
2. Who was last person to see Ratchett alive?
3. How did Ratchett respond when Pierre Michel answered the bell?
4. What was the important information Mrs. Hubbard had to share with a person in authority?
5. What prompts the military officer to stay in Poirot's company at the train station?
6. What items did Poirot collect for examination?
7. Why did the Poirot blow powder on to Ratchett's window?
8. Why is M. Bouc concerned about Poirot's line of questioning with accounting Countess?
9. How does Colonel Arbuthnot react when Poirot questions him about Miss Debenham?
10. What is mysterious about the berth in which Ratchett is murdered?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)