|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the train stop?
(a) The track has washed out
(b) There is a bad storm up ahead
(c) To release a sick passenger
(d) To take on another carriage
2. Which passenger did not ring the bell during the night?
3. How long after Daisy's death was the main suspect apprehended?
(a) 6 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 13 months
(d) 3 months
4. What weapon does Ratchett carry?
(a) letter opener
(d) cricket bat
5. How was MacQueen's father related to Cassetti?
(a) MacQueen's father was Casseti's archenemy
(b) MacQueen's father was Cassetti's uncle
(c) MacQueen's father was the prosecutor in Cassetti's case
(d) MacQueen's father was Cassetti's business partner
Short Answer Questions
1. What was MacQueen's job with Ratchett?
2. Who was the last person to see the victim alive?
3. Who sleeps in the berth between Poirot and Mrs. Hubbard?
4. The conductor stopped to speak to a colleague about what subject?
5. What unusual characteristic does the supposed attacker have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What item was found that backed up Mrs. Hubbard's story?
2. What unusual item was worn by the lady in the corridor?
3. For what reason is Poirot's berth changed?
4. What is Poirot's reaction to Ratchett?
5. Why is M. Bouc concerned about Poirot's line of questioning with accounting Countess?
6. Who was last person to see Ratchett alive?
7. What is Miss Debenham's initial reaction to Poirot?
8. What causes the delay on the train?
9. Why did MacQueen go to see Ratchett that evening?
10. What prompts the military officer to stay in Poirot's company at the train station?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)