|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ratchett offer to Poirot?
(a) big money
(b) seat at dinner
2. What is the profession of the silent man in black?
3. Why was Masterman up most of the night?
(b) Motion sick
(d) Playing cards
4. Who was the last person to see the victim alive?
(c) Mrs. Hubbard
5. Who sleeps in the berth between Poirot and Mrs. Hubbard?
(a) Col. Arbuthnot
Short Answer Questions
1. in what language does Ratchett speak to the conductor?
2. How does MacQueen describe Mrs. Armstrong?
3. Where was Michel at the time of the murder?
4. Who else was supposedly involved in Daisy's kidnapping?
5. Which of these things was not part of the curious crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the cause of death for Ratchett?
2. Why did the Poirot blow powder on to Ratchett's window?
3. What is Poirot's reaction to Ratchett?
4. How does Colonel Arbuthnot react when Poirot questions him about Miss Debenham?
5. What causes the delay on the train?
6. What unusual item was worn by the lady in the corridor?
7. Why did MacQueen go to see Ratchett that evening?
8. What is Ratchett's purpose for wanting protection from Poirot?
9. Why is Mrs. Hubbard nervous?
10. What is Ratchett's reaction when he realizes that Poirot is now his neighbor?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)