|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real identity of the Countess?
(a) The Princess' mother
(b) Mrs. Armstrong's younger sister
(c) Ratchett's wife
(d) Investigator for the train company
2. Which of the following does not pertain to the knife wounds?
(a) Both shallow and deep
(b) Right handed
(c) Left handed
(d) Created a design
3. Poirot suspects the unknown conductor might also have the same identity as what other character?
(a) Princess Dragomiroff
(b) Pierre Michel
(c) Count Andrenyi
(d) The woman in the kimono
4. What does Poirot find odd about Princess Dragomiroff's maid?
5. What is Princess Dragomiroff's first name?
6. What is Miss Debenham's first name?
7. Why does Poirot suspect more than one murderer?
(a) Ratchett had many enemies
(b) Mrs. Hubbard heard two additional voices
(c) Wounds were left and right handed
(d) Wounds were at varying heights
8. With what object does Poirot confront Colonel Arbuthnot?
(a) Missing button
(b) Broken watch
(c) Forged passport
(d) Pipe cleaner
9. What about the case makes it intriguing to Poirot?
10. What does Mrs. Hubbard insist on showing to the investigators?
(a) Appendix scar
11. What was the name of Daisy Armstrong's nurse?
12. Why does the Countess claim to remember so little?
(a) She was very young
(b) She was asleep
(c) She was drugged
(d) She was away at school
13. What possibly altered the murderer's plan?
(a) Getting stuck in the snowdrift
(b) The unknown conductor
(c) Being interrupted by Mrs. Hubbard
(d) Ratchett wasn't in his compartment
14. To whom does Poirot refer as a "highly suspicious character?"
(a) Pierre Michel
(b) Mrs. Hubbard
(c) Miss Debenham
(d) Princess Dragomiroff
15. Which clue was most likely planted to mislead Poirot?
(d) Pipe cleaner
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't the unknown conductor be one of the people Poirot had met?
2. Who turns out to be Armstrong's former chauffeur?
3. What did the Princess lie about?
4. What is odd about the label on the Countess' luggage?
5. Why does Constantine claim that the Princess could not have killed Ratchett?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)