|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't the unknown conductor be one of the people Poirot had met?
(a) The unknown conductor was the only one to lose a button
(b) All of their voices were masculine
(c) Build was too small
(d) Unknown conductor was probably a woman
2. What is Miss Debenham's profession?
3. Poirot suspects the murderer of being __________________.
4. What is Princess Dragomiroff's first name?
5. Who is Antonio Foscarelli?
(b) Prinvate investigator
(c) Diplomatic attache
(d) An immigrant car salesman
6. Why does Constantine claim that the Princess could not have killed Ratchett?
(a) She has a solid alibi
(b) They were secretly married
(c) Too short
(d) Not enough strength
7. What does Mrs. Hubbard insist on showing to the investigators?
(a) Appendix scar
8. Which clue was most likely planted to mislead Poirot?
(d) Pipe cleaner
9. What profession did Miss Freebody hold?
(a) Upstairs maid
(b) Dance instructor
10. What is the real identity of the Countess?
(a) Ratchett's wife
(b) Mrs. Armstrong's younger sister
(c) Investigator for the train company
(d) The Princess' mother
11. According to Poirot, who made "a very profound remark?"
12. Poirot claims there are how many possible solutions to the case?
13. Why was the luggage damp?
(a) No one knows
(b) Michel spilled water on it
(c) It fell into the snow
(d) To soak off the ID label
14. What was the name of Daisy Armstrong's nurse?
15. Why does Poirot suspect Countess Andrenyi?
(a) She acts suspicious
(b) Her accent is false
(c) She knew Mrs. Armstrong's mother
(d) She has no alibi
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Miss Debenham find impertinent?
2. What did the Princess lie about?
3. What is Miss Debenham's first name?
4. In Russian the letter N appears as what letter in English?
5. Poirot gives Michel a list of passengers and second list containing what?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)