|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is found in the pocket of the conductor's uniform?
(a) Ratchett's pipe
(b) Gold coin
(c) Silver pocket watch
(d) Pass key
2. Why does the Countess claim to remember so little?
(a) She was very young
(b) She was away at school
(c) She was drugged
(d) She was asleep
3. What does Poirot find odd about Princess Dragomiroff's maid?
4. Why couldn't the unknown conductor be one of the people Poirot had met?
(a) Build was too small
(b) Unknown conductor was probably a woman
(c) All of their voices were masculine
(d) The unknown conductor was the only one to lose a button
5. Which group of men investigated the murder?
(a) Poirot, Constantine, Bouc
(b) Poirot, MacQueen, Arbuthnot
(c) Poirot, Buoc, Michel
(d) Constantine, Poirot, Cassetti
6. What is Princess Dragomiroff's first name?
7. What does Poirot expect to find in Hildegarde's luggage?
(a) Loose buttons
8. Why does Poirot have to have special permission to search the Count and Countess' luggage?
(a) They have diplomatic immunity
(b) The luggage contains valuable objects
(c) They own the train company
(d) Royals have special privileges
9. Who claims to own the handkerchief?
(a) Princess Dragomiroff
(b) Mrs. Hubbard
(c) Miss Harris
(d) Countess Andrenyi
10. What item is found in Poirot's luggage?
(c) Forged passport
(d) Conductor's uniform
11. Why was the luggage damp?
(a) Michel spilled water on it
(b) No one knows
(c) It fell into the snow
(d) To soak off the ID label
12. How does the Countess react to having her luggage searched?
13. What is the real identity of the Countess?
(a) Investigator for the train company
(b) Mrs. Armstrong's younger sister
(c) The Princess' mother
(d) Ratchett's wife
14. Which passenger does Poirot suspect of traveling under an alias?
(a) Cyrus Hardman
(b) Countess Andrenyi
(c) Colonel Arbuthnot
(d) Miss Debenham
15. Who is worried about being the last person to see Ratchett alive?
(a) Miss Debenham
(b) Greta Ohlsson
(c) Princess Dragomiroff
(d) Hildegarde Schmidt
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot suspect more than one murderer?
2. M. Bouc is suspicious of what nationality?
3. Who else does Poirot suspect of being employed at the Armstrong's house?
4. Who turns out to be Armstrong's former chauffeur?
5. Who lied regarding his/her first name?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)