|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't the unknown conductor be one of the people Poirot had met?
(a) Unknown conductor was probably a woman
(b) Build was too small
(c) The unknown conductor was the only one to lose a button
(d) All of their voices were masculine
2. Who most likely reported Ratchett's nightmare?
3. What is Miss Debenham's first name?
4. What object is found in Hildegarde's luggage?
(b) Conductor's uniform
(c) A letter from Ratchett
5. Why does Poirot suspect more than one murderer?
(a) Mrs. Hubbard heard two additional voices
(b) Wounds were left and right handed
(c) Wounds were at varying heights
(d) Ratchett had many enemies
6. Who is Poirot most interested in at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Unknown conductor
(b) Miss Debenham
(c) Hildegarde Schmidt
(d) Dr. Constantine
7. About what did Miss Debenham lie?
(a) Knowing Cassetti
(b) Her affair with Colonel Arbuthnot
(c) Missing the train in Syria
(d) Recognizing the Countess
8. Which passenger does Poirot suspect of traveling under an alias?
(a) Countess Andrenyi
(b) Miss Debenham
(c) Colonel Arbuthnot
(d) Cyrus Hardman
9. What item does Poirot retrieve from his compartment?
(c) Burned note
10. According to Poirot, who made "a very profound remark?"
11. Poirot believes which of the clues could be a fake?
(a) Burned note
(b) Pipe cleaner
(d) Broken watch
12. What possibly altered the murderer's plan?
(a) Being interrupted by Mrs. Hubbard
(b) Getting stuck in the snowdrift
(c) Ratchett wasn't in his compartment
(d) The unknown conductor
13. What is different about Mrs. Hubbard's new compartment?
(a) It has an even number
(b) There is no difference
(c) It has a private bath
(d) It is equipped with two beds
14. Most of the passengers seem to be related to what crime?
15. Poirot claims there are how many possible solutions to the case?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the label on the Countess' luggage?
2. What is the Countess afraid of?
3. In Russian the letter N appears as what letter in English?
4. Who is worried about being the last person to see Ratchett alive?
5. What topic does Miss Debenham find impertinent?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)