|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the passengers seem to be related to what crime?
2. Who most likely reported Ratchett's nightmare?
3. What was Masterman's relationship with Colonel Armstrong?
(a) Best friend
4. To whom does Poirot refer as a "highly suspicious character?"
(a) Princess Dragomiroff
(b) Miss Debenham
(c) Pierre Michel
(d) Mrs. Hubbard
5. About what did Miss Debenham lie?
(a) Missing the train in Syria
(b) Her affair with Colonel Arbuthnot
(c) Recognizing the Countess
(d) Knowing Cassetti
6. How does Poirot categorize Miss Debenham?
7. What profession did Miss Freebody hold?
(a) Dance instructor
(b) Upstairs maid
8. What object is found in Hildegarde's luggage?
(c) Conductor's uniform
(d) A letter from Ratchett
9. What is the real identity of the Countess?
(a) Ratchett's wife
(b) The Princess' mother
(c) Investigator for the train company
(d) Mrs. Armstrong's younger sister
10. What does Poirot expect to find in Hildegarde's luggage?
(d) Loose buttons
11. What is found in the pocket of the conductor's uniform?
(a) Pass key
(b) Gold coin
(c) Ratchett's pipe
(d) Silver pocket watch
12. What does Mrs. Hubbard insist on showing to the investigators?
(b) Appendix scar
13. Who is Masterman's alibi?
14. Hildegarde takes pride in what skill?
(b) Crime solving
15. According to Poirot, who made "a very profound remark?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What accusation does Poirot present to Miss Debenham?
2. Who lied regarding his/her first name?
3. Why was the luggage damp?
4. Who else does Poirot suspect of being employed at the Armstrong's house?
5. What event is temporarily held up by the investigation?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)