|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spent a year in Washington?
(b) Count Andrenyi
(c) Princess Dragomiroff
(d) Pierre Michel
2. What causes the train to stop unexpectedly in the middle of the night?
(a) There is a mechanical failure
(b) It gets stuck in a snowdrift
(c) The conductor is murdered
(d) Animals have wandered onto the tracks
3. What item does Poirot request from the conductor?
4. What is the Countess' first name?
5. What is Poirot's native country?
6. Where does Poirot board the train?
7. How did Poirot learn of the connection to Daisy Armstrong?
(a) Suspect's confession
(b) Lucky guess
(c) A note
(d) Conductor told him
8. What is Mrs. Hubbard's native country?
9. What does Princess Dragomiroff refer to as an admirable happening?
(a) Poirot's presence
(b) Heavy snowfall
(c) Daisy's kidnapping
(d) Ratchett's murder
10. How long after Daisy's death was the main suspect apprehended?
(a) 6 months
(b) 13 months
(c) 3 months
(d) 1 year
11. What does Poirot use to rule out suspects?
(a) Tarot cards
12. In what season does the story take place?
13. Who is Cyrus Hardman?
(b) Movie star
(c) Private investigator
(d) Train engineer
14. Who committed suicide from grief?
(a) Colonel Armstrong
15. The Countess' housecoat is the color of what object?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the luxury train?
2. Which of these things was not part of the curious crime scene?
3. Where was Michel at the time of the murder?
4. What was the name of the family that died?
5. Who refers to Poirot as harmless and peculiar?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)