Part 1: Chapters 1, 2 and 3
• Famous detective Hercule Poirot waits to board a train in Syria.
• Poirot witnesses strange encounters between Miss Debenham and Colonel Arbuthnot .
• Poirot is called back to England and books a trip on the Orient Express.
• M. Bouc uses his influence to get a first class berth for Poirot.
• Poirot meets the main characters, including Ratchett who tries to hire Poirot for protection.
• Poirot refuses because he does not like Ratchett's face.
Part 1: Chapters 4 and 5
• The train stops in Belgrade to take on another car
• Poirot is moved to a berth beside Ratchett who is annoyed
• MacQueen acts strangely when he realizes Poirot is not leaving the train
• Mrs. Hubbard tells Poirot she has a bad feeling about Ratchett
• A disturbance wakes Poirot
• Ratchett has been murdered
Part 1: Chapters 6, 7 and 8
• Poirot questions MacQueen about his relationship with Ratchett
• MacQueen details job duties including his job as...
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)