Part 1: Chapters 1, 2 and 3
* Famous detective Hercule Poirot waits to board a train in Syria.
* Poirot witnesses strange encounters between Miss Debenham and Colonel Arbuthnot .
* Poirot is called back to England and books a trip on the Orient Express.
* M. Bouc uses his influence to get a first class berth for Poirot.
* Poirot meets the main characters, including Ratchett who tries to hire Poirot for protection.
* Poirot refuses because he does not like Ratchett's face.
Part 1: Chapters 4 and 5
* The train stops in Belgrade to take on another car
* Poirot is moved to a berth beside Ratchett who is annoyed
* MacQueen acts strangely when he realizes Poirot is not leaving the train
* Mrs. Hubbard tells Poirot she has a bad feeling about Ratchett
* A disturbance wakes Poirot
* Ratchett has been murdered
Part 1: Chapters 6, 7 and 8
* Poirot questions MacQueen about his relationship with Ratchett
* MacQueen details job duties including his job as...
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)