|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
2. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
3. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
4. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
5. The next morning, what happens?
Essay Topic 1
Explain what you learned throughout the book about James as a man. When, if ever, did you notice a change in him or realize that he was the true killer before Poirot confronted him? Do you feel that James ultimately made the right decision by deciding to commit suicide? Explain why you think he made the decision and why you agree or disagree with it.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Caroline. How is her character important to the story? Describe the difference between James' thoughts about her constant gossip and Poirot's thoughts on the subject.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Flora in detail. What are her motivations throughout the story? What are her feelings when Mr. Ackroyd is murdered? How does she feel about Ralph?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)