|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
2. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
4. Everyone at the meeting is shocked by what?
5. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
2. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
3. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
4. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
5. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
6. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
7. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
8. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
9. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
10. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Flora in detail. What are her motivations throughout the story? What are her feelings when Mr. Ackroyd is murdered? How does she feel about Ralph?
Essay Topic 2
Describe why certain people were considered suspects, due to the ring Poirot found. Who turned out to be the ring's owner and what bearing did it have on the case, if any?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene of Mr. Ackroyd's murder. How was it originally discovered? What did Poirot observe when he saw the murder scene? What evidence was discovered by the police at the scene? What observations were made about the scene as the book progressed?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)