|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
2. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
3. What does Poirot show James an article about?
4. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
5. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Poirot with Inspector Raglan. How are their investigative techniques similar and how are they different? Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 2
Choose either of the following clues from the story and describe its significance to both throwing off the investigation at first and eventually cracking the case.
1. The phone call
2. The moved chair
Essay Topic 3
One of the biggest suspects in the case was Parker. Explain why you did or did not think Parker was the guilty party. For instance, did you think Parker had made the phone call or moved the chair? Why or why not?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)