|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
2. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
3. Poirot announces what to everyone?
4. Everyone at the meeting is shocked by what?
5. James gives Poirot what?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
2. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
3. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
4. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
5. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
6. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
7. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
8. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
9. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
10. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the biggest suspects in the case was Parker. Explain why you did or did not think Parker was the guilty party. For instance, did you think Parker had made the phone call or moved the chair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Poirot with Inspector Raglan. How are their investigative techniques similar and how are they different? Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any one of the following people's stories and explain it fully. What was that person hiding?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)