|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
2. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
3. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
4. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
5. Where does Caroline think Ralph is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
2. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
3. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
4. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
5. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
6. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
7. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
8. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
9. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
10. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Flora in detail. What are her motivations throughout the story? What are her feelings when Mr. Ackroyd is murdered? How does she feel about Ralph?
Essay Topic 2
Agatha Christie uses foreshadowing throughout the story. Describe how and when Ralph's possible marriage to Ursula was foreshadowed.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following characters and describe how they influenced the story:
3. Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)