|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
2. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
3. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
4. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
5. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
2. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
3. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
4. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
5. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
6. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
7. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
8. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
9. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
10. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the murders of Mr. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd and the suicide of Mrs. Ferrars were connected to each other. Also, explain when and how Poirot figured out they were connected. Did you reach the same conclusions because of the same key factors or not?
Essay Topic 2
At what point in time does Poirot seem to suspect that Ralph and Ursula may have secretly married? Did you reach the same conclusion at the same time? Explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Poirot with Inspector Raglan. How are their investigative techniques similar and how are they different? Use examples from the story.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)