|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next morning, what happens?
2. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
3. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
4. Who is frustrating Inspector Raglan, as Chapter Twenty opens?
5. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
2. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
3. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
4. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
5. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
6. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
7. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
8. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
9. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
10. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and describe how they influenced the story:
3. Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
Essay Topic 2
Describe why certain people were considered suspects, due to the ring Poirot found. Who turned out to be the ring's owner and what bearing did it have on the case, if any?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between James and his sister, Caroline, as it progresses throughout the book. How do they feel about each other?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)