|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
2. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
3. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
4. James gives Poirot what?
5. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
2. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
3. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
4. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
5. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
6. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
7. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
8. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
9. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
10. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and describe how they influenced the story:
3. Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
Essay Topic 2
Describe why certain people were considered suspects, due to the ring Poirot found. Who turned out to be the ring's owner and what bearing did it have on the case, if any?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Ralph made to look guilty throughout the book in the eyes of most of the characters? Why is Poirot not convinced? Cite examples to support both opinions.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)