|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot show James an article about?
2. Poirot wants everyone at Fernly Park to meet where?
3. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
4. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
5. Ralph wanted to conceal his marriage to Ursula until he could do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
2. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
3. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
4. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
5. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
6. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
7. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
8. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
9. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
10. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. James Sheppard. What were your first impressions of him? Did those impressions change as you read the book? If so, in what ways and what triggered those changes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene of Mr. Ackroyd's murder. How was it originally discovered? What did Poirot observe when he saw the murder scene? What evidence was discovered by the police at the scene? What observations were made about the scene as the book progressed?
Essay Topic 3
Choose any one of the following people's stories and explain it fully. What was that person hiding?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)