|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
2. Who is Charles Kent?
3. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
4. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
5. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
2. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
3. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
4. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
5. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
6. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
7. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
8. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
9. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
10. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the biggest suspects in the case was Parker. Explain why you did or did not think Parker was the guilty party. For instance, did you think Parker had made the phone call or moved the chair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following characters and describe how they influenced the story:
3. Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
Essay Topic 3
Describe Caroline. How is her character important to the story? Describe the difference between James' thoughts about her constant gossip and Poirot's thoughts on the subject.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)