|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
2. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
3. Poirot wants everyone at Fernly Park to meet where?
4. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
5. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and describe how they influenced the story:
3. Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
Essay Topic 2
Describe Caroline. How is her character important to the story? Describe the difference between James' thoughts about her constant gossip and Poirot's thoughts on the subject.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Poirot finally found out that James was the killer for certain. How did he confront James about it? What was James' reaction? What option did Poirot give? How did things end up? What were both mens' motivations for their actions at the end of the book?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)