|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. Where is Ralph staying in town?
3. Why does Flora say she happy?
4. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
5. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
2. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
3. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
4. What remark does Mrs. Ackroyd make during the meeting, in Chapter Twelve, and what is Flora's response?
5. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
6. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
7. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
8. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
9. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
10. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and describe how they influenced the story:
3. Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
Essay Topic 2
Agatha Christie uses foreshadowing throughout the story. Describe how and when Ralph's possible marriage to Ursula was foreshadowed.
Essay Topic 3
Describe why certain people were considered suspects, due to the ring Poirot found. Who turned out to be the ring's owner and what bearing did it have on the case, if any?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)