|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
2. Who owns Fernly Park?
3. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
4. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
5. Ralph was secretly speaking to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
2. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
3. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
4. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
5. What important clue is found by Poirot in the pond, and what initial was inscribed on it?
6. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
7. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
8. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
9. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
10. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Poirot finally found out that James was the killer for certain. How did he confront James about it? What was James' reaction? What option did Poirot give? How did things end up? What were both mens' motivations for their actions at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between James and his sister, Caroline, as it progresses throughout the book. How do they feel about each other?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Miss Russell's interest in drugs was tied to Charles Kent and how they became alibis for each other. What led Poirot to make the connection?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)