Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hector Blunt?
2. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
3. Who does James live with?
4. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
5. Miss Russell says she has pain where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
2. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
4. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
5. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
6. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
7. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
8. As the final chapter opens, what does James say about his manuscript?
9. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
10. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
Describe Caroline. How is her character important to the story? Describe the difference between James' thoughts about her constant gossip and Poirot's thoughts on the subject.
Describe Flora in detail. What are her motivations throughout the story? What are her feelings when Mr. Ackroyd is murdered? How does she feel about Ralph?
Describe the relationship between James and his sister, Caroline, as it progresses throughout the book. How do they feel about each other?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)