Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hector Blunt?
2. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
3. Who does James live with?
4. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
5. Miss Russell says she has pain where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
2. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
4. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
5. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
6. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
7. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
8. As the final chapter opens, what does James say about his manuscript?
9. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
10. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Miss Russell's interest in drugs was tied to Charles Kent and how they became alibis for each other. What led Poirot to make the connection?
Essay Topic 2
Choose either of the following clues from the story and describe its significance to both throwing off the investigation at first and eventually cracking the case.
1. The phone call
2. The moved chair
Essay Topic 3
Describe Flora in detail. What are her motivations throughout the story? What are her feelings when Mr. Ackroyd is murdered? How does she feel about Ralph?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)