|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
2. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
3. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
4. What is one of the items out of place in the summer house?
5. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What remark does Mrs. Ackroyd make during the meeting, in Chapter Twelve, and what is Flora's response?
2. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
3. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
4. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
5. What is found missing from Mr. Ackroyd's room, in Chapter Ten, and who is discussed as someone who may have taken it?
6. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
7. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
8. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
9. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
10. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe why certain people were considered suspects, due to the ring Poirot found. Who turned out to be the ring's owner and what bearing did it have on the case, if any?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Miss Russell's interest in drugs was tied to Charles Kent and how they became alibis for each other. What led Poirot to make the connection?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the meeting at Poirot's house, at which he suddenly produced Ralph. Why had Ralph been hiding out and how did he manage to elude the police. What else was revealed at the meeting?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)