Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hector Blunt?
2. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
3. Who does James live with?
4. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
5. Miss Russell says she has pain where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
2. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
4. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
5. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
6. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
7. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
8. As the final chapter opens, what does James say about his manuscript?
9. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
10. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the murders of Mr. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd and the suicide of Mrs. Ferrars were connected to each other. Also, explain when and how Poirot figured out they were connected. Did you reach the same conclusions because of the same key factors or not?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Mrs. Ferrars' suicide play in both the reason for Mr. Ackroyd's murder and the way in which Poirot solved the murder? Be sure to use both evidence gained by Mrs. Ferrars' suicide and the motivations of the killer, James, in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Agatha Christie uses foreshadowing throughout the story. Describe how and when Ralph's possible marriage to Ursula was foreshadowed.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)