Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hector Blunt?
2. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
3. Who does James live with?
4. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
5. Miss Russell says she has pain where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
2. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
4. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
5. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
6. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
7. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
8. As the final chapter opens, what does James say about his manuscript?
9. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
10. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Dr. James Sheppard. What were your first impressions of him? Did those impressions change as you read the book? If so, in what ways and what triggered those changes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the scene of Mr. Ackroyd's murder. How was it originally discovered? What did Poirot observe when he saw the murder scene? What evidence was discovered by the police at the scene? What observations were made about the scene as the book progressed?
Essay Topic 3
One of the biggest suspects in the case was Parker. Explain why you did or did not think Parker was the guilty party. For instance, did you think Parker had made the phone call or moved the chair? Why or why not?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)