|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora say she happy?
2. Where was the dagger usually kept?
3. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
4. Flora is so upset that she asks Raymond to do what?
5. Mrs. Ackroyd asks James to discuss what with Mr. Ackroyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
2. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
3. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
4. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
5. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
6. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
7. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
8. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
9. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
10. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At what point in time does Poirot seem to suspect that Ralph and Ursula may have secretly married? Did you reach the same conclusion at the same time? Explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between James and his sister, Caroline, as it progresses throughout the book. How do they feel about each other?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Miss Russell's interest in drugs was tied to Charles Kent and how they became alibis for each other. What led Poirot to make the connection?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)