|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flora gets into a fight with whom over comments about Ralph?
2. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
3. Caroline gives Poirot what?
4. Who is Hector Blunt?
5. Who is murdered at Fernly Park, according to Parker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline tell Poirot, in Chapter Eleven, that upsets James and why?
2. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
3. What remark does Mrs. Ackroyd make during the meeting, in Chapter Twelve, and what is Flora's response?
4. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
5. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
6. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
7. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
8. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
9. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
10. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Agatha Christie uses foreshadowing throughout the story. Describe how and when Ralph's possible marriage to Ursula was foreshadowed.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Poirot with Inspector Raglan. How are their investigative techniques similar and how are they different? Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the scene of Mr. Ackroyd's murder. How was it originally discovered? What did Poirot observe when he saw the murder scene? What evidence was discovered by the police at the scene? What observations were made about the scene as the book progressed?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)