|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
2. Where does Mr. Poirot tell James he knew Mr. Ackroyd from?
3. How does Caroline think Mr. Ferrars died?
4. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
5. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
2. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
3. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
4. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
5. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
6. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
7. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
8. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
9. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
10. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the biggest suspects in the case was Parker. Explain why you did or did not think Parker was the guilty party. For instance, did you think Parker had made the phone call or moved the chair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Choose any one of the following people's stories and explain it fully. What was that person hiding?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Miss Russell's interest in drugs was tied to Charles Kent and how they became alibis for each other. What led Poirot to make the connection?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)