|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the parlor maid's name?
2. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
3. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
4. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
5. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
2. What does Caroline tell Poirot, in Chapter Eleven, that upsets James and why?
3. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
4. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
5. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
6. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
7. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
8. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
9. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
10. What remark does Mrs. Ackroyd make during the meeting, in Chapter Twelve, and what is Flora's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe why certain people were considered suspects, due to the ring Poirot found. Who turned out to be the ring's owner and what bearing did it have on the case, if any?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Poirot with Inspector Raglan. How are their investigative techniques similar and how are they different? Use examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the murders of Mr. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd and the suicide of Mrs. Ferrars were connected to each other. Also, explain when and how Poirot figured out they were connected. Did you reach the same conclusions because of the same key factors or not?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)