|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(b) Inspector Raglan
2. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Changing the will
(b) Stealing the money
(c) Leaving the silver drawer open
(d) Owning the ring
3. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
(a) The murderer and blackmailer are probably working together.
(b) Ralph is probably either the murderer or the blackmailer.
(c) The murderer and blackmailer may be different people.
(d) The murderer and blackmailer are probably the same person.
4. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Overdose on sleeping pills
(b) Hide at the inn
(c) Hide in Poirot's attic
(d) Leave town
5. The next morning, what happens?
(a) Caroline goes missing.
(b) The funerals take place.
(c) Ralph returns.
(d) Someone else is found dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot show James an article about?
2. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
3. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
4. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
5. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
2. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
3. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
4. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
5. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
6. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
7. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
8. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
9. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
10. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)