|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(d) He was framed for another murder years ago.
2. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
3. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Give it to Caroline.
(b) Finish it.
(c) Leave it with Poirot.
(d) Burn it.
4. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
5. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
2. Who is Charles Kent?
3. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
4. Where does Caroline think Ralph is?
5. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
2. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
3. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
4. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
5. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
6. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
7. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
8. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
9. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
10. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)