|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To have a nice visit family
(b) To hide from police
(c) To live
(d) To get money
2. Who is frustrating Inspector Raglan, as Chapter Twenty opens?
(b) Charles Kent
3. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora is not the blackmailer.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(c) Flora did not commit the murder.
(d) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
4. What does Poirot show James an article about?
(a) The murder of Roger Ackroyd
(b) A lot of recent thefts in the area
(c) Cocaine smuggling
(d) Ralph's disappearance
5. Poirot wants everyone at Fernly Park to meet where?
(a) At the Inn
(b) At Poirot's house
(c) At James and Caroline's house
(d) At Fernly Park
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
2. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
3. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
4. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
5. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
2. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
3. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
4. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
5. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
6. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
7. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
8. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
9. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
10. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)