|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
(a) He is Miss Russell's son.
(b) He is Mr. and Mrs. Ferrars' son.
(c) He is Mrs. Ackroyd's son.
(d) He is Mr. Ackroyd's son.
2. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
(a) Miss Russell said Parker was with her at the time the call was made.
(b) Parker had no motive.
(c) Parker was not in the house at the time.
(d) Parker already had access to the scene of the crime.
3. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(c) Inspector Raglan
4. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
5. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
(a) Who knows where Ralph is?
(b) Who else is hiding something?
(c) Who is the blackmailer among you?
(d) Who was in the room with Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30?
Short Answer Questions
1. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
2. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Ursula once caught her doing what?
3. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
4. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
5. What does Poirot show James an article about?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
2. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
3. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
4. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
5. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
6. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
7. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
8. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
9. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
10. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)