|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
(a) His hat that he left at their house
(b) A loaf of bread
(c) A note
(d) A jar of jam
2. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
(a) There was a fire.
(b) There was a male visitor.
(c) There was a female visitor.
(d) There was an unusual noise.
3. Poirot reminisces about his old friend, whose name is?
4. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That the police are on their way now
(b) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
(c) That the police already have the murderer in custody
(d) That the police are in the next room
5. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
Short Answer Questions
1. James gives Poirot what?
2. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
3. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
4. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
5. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
2. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
4. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
5. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
6. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
7. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
8. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
9. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
10. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)