|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James gives Poirot what?
(a) His manuscript containing case facts.
(b) A newspaper article to read.
(c) A letter from Miss Russell.
(d) A letter from Flora.
2. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
(a) The quill
(b) Ralph's disappearance
(c) The engraving on the ring
(d) The missing money
3. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Raymond's visit
(b) Ralph's boots
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(d) Miss Russell's odd questions
4. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
(a) Add more original ideas to the investigation.
(b) Interview suspects.
(c) Keep a record of the case facts.
(d) Keep him company.
5. The next morning, what happens?
(a) The funerals take place.
(b) Ralph returns.
(c) Caroline goes missing.
(d) Someone else is found dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
2. Poirot reminisces about his old friend, whose name is?
3. What does Poirot show James an article about?
4. Who is frustrating Inspector Raglan, as Chapter Twenty opens?
5. Everyone at the meeting is shocked by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
2. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
4. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
5. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
6. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
7. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
8. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
9. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
10. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)