|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
(a) Who knows where Ralph is?
(b) Who else is hiding something?
(c) Who was in the room with Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30?
(d) Who is the blackmailer among you?
2. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
(b) Who else owns similar shoes
3. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
(a) To block the window
(b) To keep whatever was on the table from view
(c) To block the door
(d) To cover a blood stain
4. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
5. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Ursula was a major suspect.
(b) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(c) Flora was a major suspect.
(d) Ralph was a major suspect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James identify Kent?
2. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
4. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
5. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
2. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
3. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
4. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
5. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
6. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
7. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
8. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
9. Who do James and Poirot find crying in James' house, and what important thing does Poirot do at that point?
10. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)