|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) In a store
(b) Through Ursula's job
(c) Through Ralph's job
(d) At a party
2. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
(a) A message on the dictaphone
3. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(d) The police
4. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) A home for the mentally ill
(b) A secret room in Fernly Park
(c) The summer house
(d) James' house
5. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
2. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
4. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
5. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
2. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
3. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
4. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
5. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
6. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
7. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
8. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
9. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
10. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)