|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
(a) Ralph did make the prints, but wasn't the murderer.
(b) Someone used Ralph's shoes to frame him.
(c) Someone else had similar shoes.
(d) The prints prove Ralph's guilt.
2. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
3. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
4. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Raymond's visit
(b) Ralph's boots
(c) Miss Russell's odd questions
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
5. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(b) Ralph was a major suspect.
(c) Flora was a major suspect.
(d) Ursula was a major suspect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
2. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
3. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
4. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
5. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
2. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
3. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
4. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
5. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
6. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
7. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
8. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
9. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
10. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)