|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
2. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
3. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
4. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
5. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) At a party
(b) In a store
(c) Through Ursula's job
(d) Through Ralph's job
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
2. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
4. Who is Charles Kent?
5. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
2. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
3. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
4. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
5. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
6. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
7. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
8. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
9. Who do James and Poirot find crying in James' house, and what important thing does Poirot do at that point?
10. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)