|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
(a) His alibi checks out.
(b) He escaped.
(c) He confessed.
(d) His alibi does not check out.
2. The next morning, what happens?
(a) Caroline goes missing.
(b) The funerals take place.
(c) Ralph returns.
(d) Someone else is found dead.
3. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
(b) Miss Russell
(d) Mr. Ackroyd
4. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To get money
(b) To hide from police
(c) To live
(d) To have a nice visit family
5. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
2. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
3. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
4. Who is not going to the meeting?
5. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
2. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
4. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
5. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
6. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
7. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
8. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
9. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
10. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)