|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
2. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
(b) Colonel Carter
(c) Mr. Poirot
(d) Inspector Raglan
3. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
(b) Miss Ackroyd
(c) Miss Ferrars
(d) Mrs. Paton
4. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
(c) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
(d) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
5. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) James' house
(b) The summer house
(c) A secret room in Fernly Park
(d) A home for the mentally ill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not going to the meeting?
2. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
3. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
4. Who is frustrating Inspector Raglan, as Chapter Twenty opens?
5. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
2. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
3. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
4. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
5. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
6. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
7. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
8. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
9. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
10. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)