|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora did not commit the murder.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(c) Flora is not the blackmailer.
(d) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
2. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) Because he still needs more information from James
(b) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
(c) Because he and James have become friends
(d) To protect Caroline's feelings
3. Poirot reminisces about his old friend, whose name is?
4. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
(a) He stole the money.
(b) He blackmailed his former employer.
(c) He knew the owner of the ring.
(d) He blackmailed Mr. Ackroyd.
5. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
(a) Ralph did make the prints, but wasn't the murderer.
(b) Someone used Ralph's shoes to frame him.
(c) Someone else had similar shoes.
(d) The prints prove Ralph's guilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
2. Who is Charles Kent?
3. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
4. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
5. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
2. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
3. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
4. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
5. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
6. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
7. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
8. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
9. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
10. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)