|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Hide at the inn
(b) Leave town
(c) Hide in Poirot's attic
(d) Overdose on sleeping pills
2. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) The murderer
(b) Lying about his alibi
(c) The blackmailer
(d) Lying about his name
3. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
(a) A letter
(b) A dictaphone
(c) A wine glass
(d) The will
4. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Ralph was a major suspect.
(b) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(c) Flora was a major suspect.
(d) Ursula was a major suspect.
5. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
2. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
3. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
4. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
5. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do James and Poirot find crying in James' house, and what important thing does Poirot do at that point?
2. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
3. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
4. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
5. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
6. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
7. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
8. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
9. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
10. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)