|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora is not the blackmailer.
(b) Flora did not commit the murder.
(c) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(d) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
2. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Ursula was a major suspect.
(b) Ralph was a major suspect.
(c) Flora was a major suspect.
(d) Flora planned to marry someone else.
3. How does James identify Kent?
(a) His footprints
(b) His voice
(c) His fingerprints
(d) His face
4. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(b) The United States
5. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
(a) Miss Russell
(c) Charles Kent
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
2. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
3. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
4. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
5. Ursula comes from what sort of family background?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
2. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
4. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
5. In Chapter Fourteen, who finally tells his/her story of the secret they've been hiding and what is it?
6. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
7. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
8. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
9. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
10. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)