|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
(c) Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
2. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(d) The United States
3. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
(a) A message on the dictaphone
4. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
(a) Miss Russell
(b) Mr. Ackroyd
5. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) Lying about his name
(b) The blackmailer
(c) Lying about his alibi
(d) The murderer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
2. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
3. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
4. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
5. Half an hour before Mr. Ackroyd's death, Ursula met whom in the summer house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
2. In Chapter Nineteen, when Poirot and the others visit Flora, what does she confess?
3. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
4. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
5. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
6. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
7. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
8. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
9. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
10. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)