|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(a) The United States
2. James gives Poirot what?
(a) His manuscript containing case facts.
(b) A newspaper article to read.
(c) A letter from Flora.
(d) A letter from Miss Russell.
3. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
(b) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
(c) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
4. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) A young boy from town
(d) Poirot's maid
5. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That the police are in the next room
(b) That the police are on their way now
(c) That the police already have the murderer in custody
(d) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the police say is a drug user?
2. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
3. Whom does Poirot tell James he asked for a favor to help solve the case?
4. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
5. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
2. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
3. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
4. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
5. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
6. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
7. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
8. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
9. Why do the police call, near the end of Chapter Seventeen?
10. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)