|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
(a) A loaf of bread
(b) His hat that he left at their house
(c) A jar of jam
(d) A note
2. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(c) Inspector Raglan
3. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora is not the blackmailer.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(c) Flora did not commit the murder.
(d) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
4. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
(b) Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
5. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) Through Ralph's job
(b) In a store
(c) Through Ursula's job
(d) At a party
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
2. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
3. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
4. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
5. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
2. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
3. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
4. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
5. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
6. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
7. Who do James and Poirot find crying in James' house, and what important thing does Poirot do at that point?
8. What is the story of Ursula and Ralph?
9. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot unexpectedly produces Ralph at the meeting, saying what about Ralph's whereabouts during the time he was missing?
10. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)