|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
2. Where does Caroline think Ralph is?
3. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(b) Ralph's boots
(c) Miss Russell's odd questions
(d) Raymond's visit
4. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
(a) He blackmailed his former employer.
(b) He blackmailed Mr. Ackroyd.
(c) He knew the owner of the ring.
(d) He stole the money.
5. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) Because he still needs more information from James
(b) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
(c) Because he and James have become friends
(d) To protect Caroline's feelings
Short Answer Questions
1. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
2. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
3. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
4. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
5. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Fifteen, what is the significance of homemade jam?
2. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
3. In Chapter Twenty-four, Poirot's maid walks in with what object and what significance does it have?
4. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
5. What idea does Poirot have about why Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the night of the murder?
6. What suggestions do James and Caroline make about Flora's love life, in Chapter Sixteen?
7. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
8. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
9. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
10. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)