|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) Through Ursula's job
(b) At a party
(c) In a store
(d) Through Ralph's job
2. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
(a) She might have lied about knowing where Ralph is.
(b) She might have lied about when she last saw her uncle.
(c) She might be the blackmailer.
(d) She might be planning to run away and marry Blunt.
3. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
4. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
(a) Ralph was clearly being framed by James.
(b) Caroline told him about a patient of James' who turned out to have made the call.
(c) The steward who made the call for James came back on his own and confessed.
(d) The station master told Poirot that the person who made the call said James asked him to.
5. Who is not going to the meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Ursula once caught her doing what?
2. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
3. The next morning, what happens?
4. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
5. Ursula comes from what sort of family background?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-three, Poirot insinuates that nobody was actually in the room when Mr. Ackroyd died. How does he account for the conversation that was heard?
2. In Chapter Twenty-six, what does Poirot tell James is the only reason he never considered James as a suspect?
3. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
4. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
5. In Chapter Twenty, Poirot and James go to see Miss Russell because Poirot wants to confront her about what?
6. As a result of Mr. Ackroyd announcing Ralph's engagement to Flora, what did Ursula do?
7. What does Poirot say about the moved chair, in Chapter Twenty-five?
8. What favor did Poirot ask of Inspector Raglan, in order to help solve the case?
9. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
10. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)