|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
(a) It will look very bad for Ralph.
(b) The police will arrest Ralph for murder on sight.
(c) Ralph will die.
(d) Flora will not marry Ralph.
2. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
3. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
4. Everyone, including James, does what when Poirot confronts them?
(a) Lowers their gaze
(c) Denies everything
(d) Volunteers more information
5. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
2. What is the parlor maid's name?
3. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
4. Who owns Fernly Park?
5. Mr. Ackroyd's wife was which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
2. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
3. What does Caroline tell Poirot, in Chapter Eleven, that upsets James and why?
4. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
5. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
6. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
7. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
8. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
9. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
10. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)