|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
(a) Fingerprints on the dagger
(b) The phone call
(c) Footprints outside
(d) Ralph's disappearance
2. Who died a year ago?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars
(b) The Ferrars' son
(c) The Ferrars' daughter
(d) Mr. Ferrars
3. What is the parlor maid's name?
4. Who is Hector Blunt?
(a) An amateur writer.
(b) A well-known hunter.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A well-known doctor.
5. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caroline think Mr. Ferrars died?
2. John's sister's name is?
3. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
4. While James is gone, who stops in to see Caroline?
5. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
2. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
3. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
4. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
5. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
6. What important clue is found by Poirot in the pond, and what initial was inscribed on it?
7. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
8. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
9. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
10. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)