|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a retired detective
(b) He murdered a man years ago
(c) He is a retired doctor
(d) He is a lunatic
2. What is the parlor maid's name?
3. Ralph was secretly speaking to whom?
(a) Mr. Poirot
(b) Miss Flora
(c) An unknown boy
(d) An unknown girl
4. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
5. What item was moved at the crime scene?
(a) A cabinet
(b) A glass
(c) A chair
(d) A table
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James live with?
2. Why does the officer take the murder weapon to the billiard room?
3. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
4. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
5. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
2. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
3. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
4. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
5. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
6. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
7. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
8. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
9. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
10. What remark does Mrs. Ackroyd make during the meeting, in Chapter Twelve, and what is Flora's response?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)