|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot tells James what about people?
(a) They are complicated.
(b) They are always honest.
(c) They don't always tell the truth.
(d) They like to help each other.
2. What is discovered about the footprints?
(a) They are from common shoes and could belong to anyone.
(b) They belong to Raymond.
(c) They belong to Blunt.
(d) They belong to Ralph.
3. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a desk drawer in the library
(b) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
(c) In a table in the drawing room
(d) In a box in the billiard room
4. Flora gets into a fight with whom over comments about Ralph?
(b) Her mother
5. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
(a) Miss Ferris
(b) Miss Finch
(c) Miss Flora
(d) Miss Foster
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone, including James, does what when Poirot confronts them?
2. Flora is so upset that she asks Raymond to do what?
3. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
4. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
5. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
2. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
3. What important clue is found by Poirot in the pond, and what initial was inscribed on it?
4. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
5. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
6. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
7. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
8. What is found missing from Mr. Ackroyd's room, in Chapter Ten, and who is discussed as someone who may have taken it?
9. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
10. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)