|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. Why is James upset with Caroline?
(a) She is not helping with the investigation.
(b) She will not speak to him.
(c) She did not cook dinner as she promised.
(d) She is helping to incriminate Ralph.
3. What is John's profession?
(b) Private investigator
4. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
5. Who died a year ago?
(a) Mr. Ferrars
(b) The Ferrars' son
(c) Mrs. Ferrars
(d) The Ferrars' daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
2. Why does Flora say she happy?
3. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
4. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
5. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
2. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
3. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
4. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
5. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
6. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
7. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
8. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
9. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
10. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)