|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flora say she happy?
(a) Flora always hated her uncle and was glad to see him dead.
(b) Her uncle left her money.
(c) Ralph was no longer a murder suspect.
(d) Flora did not want to marry Ralph and hoped he got arrested
2. While James is gone, who stops in to see Caroline?
(a) Mr. Poirot
(d) Miss Russell
3. Who does James live with?
(a) His sister
(b) His wife
(c) His parents
(d) His friend
4. In Chapter Four, James goes to whose house, where he meets Miss Russell?
(a) Mr. Potter's
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's
(c) Miss Russell's
(d) Mr. Poirot's
5. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
(a) He thinks she might make fun of his theories.
(b) He thinks she could be a killer.
(c) He thinks she might be in danger if she knows what he does.
(d) He thinks she will spread rumors around town.
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
2. Who is murdered at Fernly Park, according to Parker?
3. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
4. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
5. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
2. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
3. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
4. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
5. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
6. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
7. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
8. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
9. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
10. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)