|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) Queen's Palace
(b) Fernly Park
(c) King's Paddock
(d) Royal Pond
2. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
(a) His will
(b) A note
(c) A glass of wine
3. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
(a) Miss Russell herself
(b) The cook
(c) The parlor maid
4. What does Caroline think James should search for regarding Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) A suicide letter
(b) Next of kin to notify
(c) A murder weapon
(d) An accidental cause of death
5. John's sister's name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has become close friends with Mrs. Ferrars?
2. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
4. Mr. Ackroyd's wife was which of the following?
5. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important clue is found by Poirot in the pond, and what initial was inscribed on it?
2. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
3. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
4. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
5. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
6. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
7. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
8. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
9. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
10. What is found missing from Mr. Ackroyd's room, in Chapter Ten, and who is discussed as someone who may have taken it?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)