|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the items out of place in the summer house?
(a) A billiard ball
(b) A glass
(c) A hat
(d) A goose quill
2. Who is the last known person to see Mr. Ackroyd alive?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
3. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
(b) Miss Russell
4. Based on the initial inscribed on the ring, who might be a suspect?
(a) Anyone whose name has the initial A
(b) Anyone whose name has the initial R
(c) Anyone whose name has the initial F
(d) Anyone whose name has the initial P
5. What item was moved at the crime scene?
(a) A cabinet
(b) A table
(c) A chair
(d) A glass
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
2. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
3. Everyone, including James, does what when Poirot confronts them?
4. Poirot tells whom that the quill from the summer house might have been used for taking heroin?
5. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
2. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
3. What is found missing from Mr. Ackroyd's room, in Chapter Ten, and who is discussed as someone who may have taken it?
4. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
5. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
6. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
7. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
8. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
9. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
10. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)