|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
2. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
(a) Raglan thinks it is too dangerous for a civilian.
(b) Raglan doesn't like Mr. Poirot's general attitude.
(c) Raglan suspects Mr. Poirot in the murder.
(d) Raglan wants the glory of solving the case himself.
3. Where does Mr. Poirot tell James he knew Mr. Ackroyd from?
(c) New York
4. Poirot tells James what about people?
(a) They are complicated.
(b) They are always honest.
(c) They don't always tell the truth.
(d) They like to help each other.
5. Why is Flora worried about Ralph?
(a) He is sick.
(b) She thinks the police suspect him.
(c) She saw him with a woman.
(d) She hasn't seen him for a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flora's reaction to Mr. Ackroyd's death?
2. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
3. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
4. Where is Ralph staying in town?
5. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
2. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
3. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
4. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
5. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
6. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
7. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
8. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
9. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
10. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)