|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
(a) Miss Russell was caught in a lie.
(b) Miss Russell might own the ring that was found in an earlier chapter.
(c) Miss Russell was seen outside the night of the murder.
(d) Miss Russell was asking about drugs and poisons.
2. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
(a) It is correct.
(b) It is the same as Poirot's theory.
(c) It is interesting.
(d) It is flawed.
3. Who introduces Blunt to Poirot?
4. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
(a) Miss Ferris
(b) Miss Flora
(c) Miss Finch
(d) Miss Foster
5. What is the Intelligence Corps?
(a) A book discussion club
(b) A group of people who gossip with John's sister
(c) A secret detective agency
(d) A military group
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ralph staying in town?
2. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
3. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
4. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
5. Who is Hector Blunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
2. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
3. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
4. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
5. What does Caroline tell Poirot, in Chapter Eleven, that upsets James and why?
6. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
7. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
8. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
9. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
10. What important clue is found by Poirot in the pond, and what initial was inscribed on it?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)