|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph wants to avoid making Mr. Ackroyd angry for what reason?
(a) He doesn't want Mr. Ackroyd to get sick from stress.
(b) He might be cut out of the will.
(c) He is afraid Mr. Ackroyd will kill him.
(d) He might be kicked out of the house.
2. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) King's Paddock
(b) Queen's Palace
(c) Royal Pond
(d) Fernly Park
3. Who has become close friends with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Rodney Appleton
(b) Robert Avery
(c) Roger Ackroyd
(d) Ralph Applewood
4. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
(a) He thinks she might make fun of his theories.
(b) He thinks she might be in danger if she knows what he does.
(c) He thinks she could be a killer.
(d) He thinks she will spread rumors around town.
5. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Prescott
(b) Ralph Paton
(c) Ralph Preston
(d) Ralph Peterson
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Fernly Park?
2. Poirot thinks what is a crucial clue in the case?
3. Mr. Ackroyd says that Ralph is where?
4. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
5. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
2. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
3. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
4. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
5. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
6. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
7. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
8. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
9. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
10. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)