|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the parlor maid's name?
2. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(b) Don't disturb him.
(c) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
3. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Preston
(b) Ralph Paton
(c) Ralph Peterson
(d) Ralph Prescott
4. Why does Flora say she happy?
(a) Her uncle left her money.
(b) Flora always hated her uncle and was glad to see him dead.
(c) Flora did not want to marry Ralph and hoped he got arrested
(d) Ralph was no longer a murder suspect.
5. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
(b) Inquiries are already being made.
(c) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(d) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds a gold ring?
2. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
3. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
4. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
5. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
2. As the final chapter opens, what does James say about his manuscript?
3. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
4. In Chapter Twenty-one, what does Poirot ask James to do, regarding people at Fernly Park?
5. What is found missing from Mr. Ackroyd's room, in Chapter Ten, and who is discussed as someone who may have taken it?
6. What admissions does Parker make, in Chapter Seventeen?
7. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
8. At the meeting, how do Flora and Mrs. Ackroyd react to Poirot's announcement that Ursula and Ralph are married?
9. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
10. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)