|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a gun
(b) With a dagger
(c) With a rope
(d) With a pillow
2. Poirot tells James what about people?
(a) They are complicated.
(b) They like to help each other.
(c) They don't always tell the truth.
(d) They are always honest.
3. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
(a) Natural causes
(b) An overdose of pain medication
(c) An overdose of sleeping pills
4. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
5. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
(a) To conceal his identity.
(b) To keep quiet about his profession.
(c) To introduce him to the people in town.
(d) To hold on to an important document for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds a gold ring?
2. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
3. According to Poirot, everyone is doing what?
4. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
5. Ralph wants to avoid making Mr. Ackroyd angry for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
2. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
3. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
4. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
5. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
6. What is learned about Charles Kent, the stranger James met, in Chapter Eighteen, that would make him seem like a suspect?
7. Who do James and Caroline invite over, in Chapter Sixteen, and why?
8. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
9. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
10. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)