|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
(a) His clothes
(b) Nothing at all
(c) His voice
(d) His face
2. What is the parlor maid's name?
3. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
(a) Some glass broke.
(b) Someone asked Mr. Ackroyd for money.
(c) Someone shot a gun.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd screamed.
4. What does Caroline think James should search for regarding Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) A murder weapon
(b) A suicide letter
(c) Next of kin to notify
(d) An accidental cause of death
5. Whose fingerprints are not taken right away?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
2. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
3. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
4. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
5. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
2. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
3. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
4. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
5. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
6. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
7. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
8. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
9. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
10. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)