|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. Everyone, including James, does what when Poirot confronts them?
(a) Lowers their gaze
(b) Volunteers more information
(c) Denies everything
3. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
(b) Miss Russell
(d) Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
4. Why is James upset with Caroline?
(a) She is not helping with the investigation.
(b) She is helping to incriminate Ralph.
(c) She will not speak to him.
(d) She did not cook dinner as she promised.
5. Mrs. Ackroyd asks James to discuss what with Mr. Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's illness
(b) Flora's settlement
(c) Caroline's gossiping
(d) Ralph's will
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the parlor maid's name?
2. Who died a year ago?
3. Who introduces Blunt to Poirot?
4. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
5. Mr. Poirot lives where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
2. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
3. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
4. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
5. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
6. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
7. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
8. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
9. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
10. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)