|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a gun
(b) With a pillow
(c) With a dagger
(d) With a rope
2. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(c) Mr. Poirot
3. Poirot tells whom that the quill from the summer house might have been used for taking heroin?
4. Who is Hector Blunt?
(a) A well-known doctor.
(b) A well-known hunter.
(c) An amateur writer.
(d) A farmer.
5. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
2. Who is murdered at Fernly Park, according to Parker?
3. Where did Caroline walk?
4. Where is Ralph staying in town?
5. John's sister's name is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
2. In Chapter Nineteen, explain why Poirot suggests to the Inspector that he hold Charles Kent longer?
3. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
4. In Chapter Twenty-five, what does Poirot say was the purpose of the phone call?
5. What does Raymond reveal to James and Poirot, in Chapter Fifteen?
6. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
7. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
8. How does James feel about what effect his death will have on Caroline and what she will find out?
9. What does Poirot ask Caroline to do, in Chapter Fourteen, and what is the result?
10. Poirot makes it known that he thinks James is guilty and offers James what way out?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)