|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
(a) To hold on to an important document for him.
(b) To introduce him to the people in town.
(c) To conceal his identity.
(d) To keep quiet about his profession.
2. What was the unusual stranger there for?
(a) Nobody knows
(b) To ask directions
(c) To visit someone
(d) To sell something
3. John's last name is?
4. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
5. Ralph was secretly speaking to whom?
(a) An unknown girl
(b) Mr. Poirot
(c) An unknown boy
(d) Miss Flora
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
2. Where did Caroline walk?
3. Who does James live with?
4. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
5. Mr. Poirot lives where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
2. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
3. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
4. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
5. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
6. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
7. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
8. What important clue is found by Poirot in the pond, and what initial was inscribed on it?
9. What is found missing from Mr. Ackroyd's room, in Chapter Ten, and who is discussed as someone who may have taken it?
10. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)