|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, who has died?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars
(b) Mrs. Ferris
(c) Mr. Ferguson
(d) Mr. Ford
2. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
(a) Mrs. Folliott
(b) Mrs. Ferdinand
(c) Mrs. Fielding
(d) Mrs. Ferguson
3. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a table in the drawing room
(b) In a box in the billiard room
(c) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
(d) In a desk drawer in the library
4. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
5. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(c) Mr. Poirot
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
2. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
3. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
4. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
5. Why does Flora say she happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
2. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
3. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
4. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
5. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
6. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
7. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
8. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
9. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
10. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)