|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flora worried about Ralph?
(a) She saw him with a woman.
(b) She hasn't seen him for a week.
(c) She thinks the police suspect him.
(d) He is sick.
2. Who introduces Blunt to Poirot?
3. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
4. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
5. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
(a) Miss Russell herself
(b) The cook
(c) The parlor maid
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
2. Mr. Ackroyd says that Ralph is where?
3. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
4. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
5. Mrs. Ackroyd asks James to discuss what with Mr. Ackroyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
2. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
3. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
4. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
5. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
6. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
7. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
8. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
9. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
10. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)