|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is murdered at Fernly Park, according to Parker?
(a) Miss Russell
(c) Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Mrs. Ferrars
2. In Chapter Four, James goes to whose house, where he meets Miss Russell?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's
(b) Mr. Potter's
(c) Mr. Poirot's
(d) Miss Russell's
3. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a pillow
(b) With a gun
(c) With a rope
(d) With a dagger
4. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
5. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
(a) The path
(b) Up a tree
(c) The bushes
(d) The pond
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
2. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
3. Whose fingerprints are not taken right away?
4. Who tells James that Ralph is in town?
5. Where was the dagger usually kept?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
2. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
3. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
4. Describe the relationship between Miss Russell, Mr. Ackroyd, and Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd.
5. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
6. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
7. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
8. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
9. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
10. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)