|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells James that Ralph is in town?
(a) Mr. Poirot
(b) Miss Flora
(d) Miss Russell
2. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
(a) The parlor maid
(b) The cook
(c) Miss Russell herself
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) Royal Pond
(b) Queen's Palace
(c) King's Paddock
(d) Fernly Park
4. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(a) A note she found
(c) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
(d) A list of James' patients
5. John's sister's name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
3. Why does Flora say she happy?
4. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
5. Poirot tells James what about people?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
2. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
3. Describe the discussion between James and Officer Davis, in Chapter Six.
4. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
5. Describe the murder weapon. What was it, where did it come from, and where was it usually kept?
6. How is Parker's behavior, in Chapter Five, suspicious, and why might he be a suspect in the murder?
7. Why does Caroline think Miss Russell may be the killer, but James disagrees?
8. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
9. What did Mr. Ackroyd say to James, in Chapter Two, that James knew to be untrue and why did James know that?
10. In Chapter One, what is Caroline's theory about Mrs. Ferrars' death and the death of Mr. Ferrars a year ago?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)