|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a lunatic
(b) He is a retired doctor
(c) He murdered a man years ago
(d) He is a retired detective
2. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(c) Mr. Poirot
3. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
(a) Mr. Harper
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) Mr. Harrison
(d) Mr. Harris
4. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
(a) Miss Finch
(b) Miss Ferris
(c) Miss Foster
(d) Miss Flora
5. Who has become close friends with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Rodney Appleton
(b) Roger Ackroyd
(c) Ralph Applewood
(d) Robert Avery
Short Answer Questions
1. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
2. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
3. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
4. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
5. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
2. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
3. Describe James and Caroline's new neighbor, Mr. Poirot, using information from Chapter Three.
4. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
5. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
6. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
7. Describe the mysterious conversation Caroline hears between Ralph and a girl in the woods, in Chapter Three.
8. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
9. Explain the relationship, in Chapter One, between Dr. James Sheppard and his sister, Caroline.
10. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)