|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
2. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a desk drawer in the library
(b) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
(c) In a box in the billiard room
(d) In a table in the drawing room
3. Why does Flora say she happy?
(a) Her uncle left her money.
(b) Ralph was no longer a murder suspect.
(c) Flora always hated her uncle and was glad to see him dead.
(d) Flora did not want to marry Ralph and hoped he got arrested
4. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
(a) Up a tree
(b) The bushes
(c) The pond
(d) The path
5. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
(a) They never speak.
(b) They are getting along fine.
(c) They have some problems now and then.
(d) They are having major problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James live with?
2. Who is Hector Blunt?
3. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
4. What was the unusual stranger there for?
5. What is Flora's reaction to Mr. Ackroyd's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
2. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
3. Based on the information given in Chapter Two, describe the village.
4. In Chapter One, how does James feel about Caroline's theory regarding Mrs. Ferrars' death?
5. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
6. In what ways does Flora act suspicious, in Chapter Nine?
7. Describe examples of some of the interesting information that Mr. Poirot supplies to James about Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph.
8. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
9. What is the Intelligence Corps and what role does it play, in Chapter One?
10. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)