|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hector Blunt?
(a) An amateur writer.
(b) A well-known hunter.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A well-known doctor.
2. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
(a) To introduce him to the people in town.
(b) To conceal his identity.
(c) To keep quiet about his profession.
(d) To hold on to an important document for him.
3. John's sister's name is?
4. Where does Mr. Poirot tell James he knew Mr. Ackroyd from?
(d) New York
5. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
(a) His face
(b) Nothing at all
(c) His voice
(d) His clothes
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
2. Where was the dagger usually kept?
3. What is one of the items out of place in the summer house?
4. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
5. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
2. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
3. What does Caroline tell Poirot, in Chapter Eleven, that upsets James and why?
4. What remark does Mrs. Ackroyd make during the meeting, in Chapter Twelve, and what is Flora's response?
5. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
6. Describe what Mr. Ackroyd confides to James, in Chapter Four.
7. Why is Mrs. Ackroyd disappointed and upset, in Chapter Ten, according to what she confides to James?
8. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
9. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
10. Describe clues that everyone tells the police and that the police themselves find, after Mr. Ackroyd's body is discovered, in Chapter Five.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)