|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
(a) They are getting along fine.
(b) They never speak.
(c) They are having major problems.
(d) They have some problems now and then.
2. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
3. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
4. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
(d) Don't disturb him.
5. John's last name is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
2. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
3. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
4. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
5. Who finds a gold ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why James does not want to go with Flora to see Poirot, in Chapter Seven.
2. Why do James and Poirot disagree about the evidence against Ralph and whether or not Ralph is the killer?
3. Using the information in Chapter Two, describe the supposed relationship between Mr. Ackroyd and Mrs. Ferrars. Why were they close?
4. Whose fingerprints does Poirot tell the inspector that he forgot to check against the prints on the murder weapon?
5. What two important clues were found by Poirot and James, at the end of Chapter Eight, and where were they found?
6. In Chapter Thirteen, what does Poirot tell James about a use for the goose quill that may be significant?
7. All evidence is beginning to point to Ralph as the possible blackmailer, including what?
8. In Chapter Eight, why is James told that an inquiry at the train station may be unsuccessful?
9. What important question is asked asked regarding fire during Poirot's first trip to the crime scene, in Chapter Twenty.
10. What does James learn from his trip to see Ralph, in Chapter Three?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)