|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James identify Kent?
(a) His face
(b) His voice
(c) His fingerprints
(d) His footprints
2. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
(a) There was a fire.
(b) There was an unusual noise.
(c) There was a male visitor.
(d) There was a female visitor.
3. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
4. Who is Charles Kent?
(a) A salesman
(b) The milk man
(c) The stranger James saw
(d) The police officer who called
5. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
6. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Ackroyd
(b) Ralph and Flora
(c) Flora and Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph
7. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
(c) Flora did not commit the murder.
(d) Flora is not the blackmailer.
8. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He was framed for another murder years ago.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(d) He is secretly seeing Flora.
9. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Finish it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Leave it with Poirot.
(d) Give it to Caroline.
10. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
11. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) The blackmailer
(b) Lying about his alibi
(c) Lying about his name
(d) The murderer
12. Who summons James to his/her bedside?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
13. James gives Poirot what?
(a) A newspaper article to read.
(b) His manuscript containing case facts.
(c) A letter from Flora.
(d) A letter from Miss Russell.
14. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Paton
(b) Miss Ackroyd
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Ferrars
15. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
(a) The missing money
(b) The quill
(c) Ralph's disappearance
(d) The engraving on the ring
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
2. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
3. Half an hour before Mr. Ackroyd's death, Ursula met whom in the summer house?
4. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
5. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)