|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
(b) Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Miss Russell
2. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
(a) The murderer and blackmailer are probably working together.
(b) The murderer and blackmailer are probably the same person.
(c) The murderer and blackmailer may be different people.
(d) Ralph is probably either the murderer or the blackmailer.
3. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
(c) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
(d) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
4. James gives Poirot what?
(a) A letter from Flora.
(b) His manuscript containing case facts.
(c) A newspaper article to read.
(d) A letter from Miss Russell.
5. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
(d) Who else owns similar shoes
6. Who summons James to his/her bedside?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
7. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
8. Who is frustrating Inspector Raglan, as Chapter Twenty opens?
(a) Charles Kent
9. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
10. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
(a) Charles Kent
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
11. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
(a) Knowing Ralph's whereabouts
(b) Stealing the $40 from her uncle's room
(c) Murdering her uncle
(d) The blackmail
12. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That the police are on their way now
(b) That the police already have the murderer in custody
(c) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
(d) That the police are in the next room
13. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
(a) Who was in the room with Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30?
(b) Who is the blackmailer among you?
(c) Who knows where Ralph is?
(d) Who else is hiding something?
14. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(b) Ralph's boots
(c) Raymond's visit
(d) Miss Russell's odd questions
15. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
(a) Playing Mah Jong
(b) Eating at a local restaurant
(c) Playing chess
Short Answer Questions
1. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
2. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
3. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
4. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
5. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)