|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
(a) He is Mr. Ackroyd's son.
(b) He is Mrs. Ackroyd's son.
(c) He is Miss Russell's son.
(d) He is Mr. and Mrs. Ferrars' son.
2. The next morning, what happens?
(a) The funerals take place.
(b) Someone else is found dead.
(c) Ralph returns.
(d) Caroline goes missing.
3. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
4. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
(a) Ralph did make the prints, but wasn't the murderer.
(b) Someone used Ralph's shoes to frame him.
(c) Someone else had similar shoes.
(d) The prints prove Ralph's guilt.
5. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Changing the will
(b) Stealing the money
(c) Owning the ring
(d) Leaving the silver drawer open
6. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Give it to Caroline.
(c) Leave it with Poirot.
(d) Finish it.
7. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
(b) Her mother
8. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
(a) Flora and Mr. Ackroyd
(b) Ralph and Flora
(c) Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Ackroyd
9. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Ursula once caught her doing what?
(a) Reading Mr. Ackroyd's will
(b) Crying in a closet
(c) Rummaging through drawers in the study
(d) Handling the murder weapon
10. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
11. How does James identify Kent?
(a) His fingerprints
(b) His footprints
(c) His voice
(d) His face
12. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
(a) He confessed.
(b) He escaped.
(c) His alibi checks out.
(d) His alibi does not check out.
13. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
(b) Inspector Raglan
(d) Mr. Hammond
14. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) Through Ralph's job
(b) Through Ursula's job
(c) In a store
(d) At a party
15. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
(a) Ralph was clearly being framed by James.
(b) Caroline told him about a patient of James' who turned out to have made the call.
(c) The steward who made the call for James came back on his own and confessed.
(d) The station master told Poirot that the person who made the call said James asked him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
2. Where does Caroline think Ralph is?
3. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
4. What does Poirot show James an article about?
5. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)