|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph
(b) Flora and Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Ralph and Flora
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Ackroyd
2. The next morning, what happens?
(a) The funerals take place.
(b) Caroline goes missing.
(c) Ralph returns.
(d) Someone else is found dead.
3. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) The murderer
(b) The blackmailer
(c) Lying about his alibi
(d) Lying about his name
4. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(c) Inspector Raglan
5. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(b) A young boy from town
(c) Poirot's maid
6. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) He was framed for another murder years ago.
(c) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(d) He is secretly seeing Flora.
7. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
8. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
(a) To block the door
(b) To cover a blood stain
(c) To block the window
(d) To keep whatever was on the table from view
9. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Mr. Hammond
10. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
(c) Flora did not commit the murder.
(d) Flora is not the blackmailer.
11. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
12. Ursula comes from what sort of family background?
(a) Orphaned at a young age
(b) Abusive family
(c) Wealthy family
(d) Poor family
13. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
14. Who does Poirot say he knows blackmailed Mrs. Ferrars?
15. Who is Charles Kent?
(a) The milk man
(b) The stranger James saw
(c) A salesman
(d) The police officer who called
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
2. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
3. Half an hour before Mr. Ackroyd's death, Ursula met whom in the summer house?
4. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
5. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)