|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) A secret room in Fernly Park
(b) The summer house
(c) A home for the mentally ill
(d) James' house
2. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora did not commit the murder.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
(c) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(d) Flora is not the blackmailer.
3. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(c) The United States
4. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
(a) Because he was born in Kent
(b) Because he was seeing Flora
(c) Because he was lost
(d) Because he was looking for a good place to hide from police
5. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
(a) A young boy from town
(b) Mr. Hammond
(d) Poirot's maid
6. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
(d) Miss Russell
7. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
(b) Mr. Poirot
(c) Colonel Carter
(d) Inspector Raglan
8. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
(a) He is Mrs. Ackroyd's son.
(b) He is Mr. Ackroyd's son.
(c) He is Miss Russell's son.
(d) He is Mr. and Mrs. Ferrars' son.
9. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
(a) Her mother
10. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
(a) A poor investor
(c) Greedy and tightfisted
(d) A good investor
11. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To live
(b) To get money
(c) To hide from police
(d) To have a nice visit family
12. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) Because he still needs more information from James
(b) Because he and James have become friends
(c) To protect Caroline's feelings
(d) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
13. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
(b) Inspector Raglan
(d) Mr. Hammond
14. Who does Poirot say he knows blackmailed Mrs. Ferrars?
15. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
(a) There was a female visitor.
(b) There was a male visitor.
(c) There was an unusual noise.
(d) There was a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
2. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
3. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
4. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
5. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)