|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not going to the meeting?
2. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
(a) He confessed.
(b) His alibi checks out.
(c) His alibi does not check out.
(d) He escaped.
3. The next morning, what happens?
(a) Ralph returns.
(b) Someone else is found dead.
(c) Caroline goes missing.
(d) The funerals take place.
4. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) Through Ralph's job
(b) In a store
(c) Through Ursula's job
(d) At a party
5. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) The blackmailer
(b) The murderer
(c) Lying about his name
(d) Lying about his alibi
6. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
(a) Because he was born in Kent
(b) Because he was seeing Flora
(c) Because he was looking for a good place to hide from police
(d) Because he was lost
7. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Give it to Caroline.
(c) Finish it.
(d) Burn it.
8. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
(a) Flora and Mr. Ackroyd
(b) Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Ackroyd
(d) Ralph and Flora
9. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(b) Poirot's maid
(d) A young boy from town
10. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
(a) Calmly drinks tea
(b) Accuses Poirot of the murder
(c) Walks into the other room
11. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(c) Inspector Raglan
12. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(b) Ralph's boots
(c) Miss Russell's odd questions
(d) Raymond's visit
13. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
(c) A message on the dictaphone
14. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
15. Who do the police say is a drug user?
(b) Charles Kent
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
2. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
3. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
4. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
5. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)