|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
(a) The quill
(b) The missing money
(c) Ralph's disappearance
(d) The engraving on the ring
2. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) The police
3. Who is Charles Kent?
(a) The police officer who called
(b) The stranger James saw
(c) A salesman
(d) The milk man
4. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Ursula once caught her doing what?
(a) Crying in a closet
(b) Reading Mr. Ackroyd's will
(c) Handling the murder weapon
(d) Rummaging through drawers in the study
5. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
(a) Stealing the $40 from her uncle's room
(b) The blackmail
(c) Knowing Ralph's whereabouts
(d) Murdering her uncle
6. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
(a) Miss Russell
7. The next morning, what happens?
(a) Ralph returns.
(b) The funerals take place.
(c) Caroline goes missing.
(d) Someone else is found dead.
8. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Finish it.
(d) Give it to Caroline.
9. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
(a) Mr. Poirot
(c) Colonel Carter
(d) Inspector Raglan
10. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Ralph's boots
(b) Miss Russell's odd questions
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(d) Raymond's visit
11. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) James' house
(b) The summer house
(c) A home for the mentally ill
(d) A secret room in Fernly Park
12. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
(a) The prints prove Ralph's guilt.
(b) Ralph did make the prints, but wasn't the murderer.
(c) Someone else had similar shoes.
(d) Someone used Ralph's shoes to frame him.
13. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
(a) The steward who made the call for James came back on his own and confessed.
(b) Caroline told him about a patient of James' who turned out to have made the call.
(c) Ralph was clearly being framed by James.
(d) The station master told Poirot that the person who made the call said James asked him to.
14. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
(a) Miss Russell
(b) Charles Kent
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
15. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(a) Inspector Raglan
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot wants everyone at Fernly Park to meet where?
2. Ursula comes from what sort of family background?
3. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
4. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
5. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)