|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Finish it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Give it to Caroline.
2. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(c) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(d) He was framed for another murder years ago.
3. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
4. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
(c) Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
5. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
(a) Miss Russell
(b) Mr. Ackroyd
6. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) At a party
(b) Through Ursula's job
(c) Through Ralph's job
(d) In a store
7. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
8. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
(a) The will
(b) A letter
(c) A dictaphone
(d) A wine glass
9. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
(b) To protect Caroline's feelings
(c) Because he still needs more information from James
(d) Because he and James have become friends
10. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Owning the ring
(b) Changing the will
(c) Stealing the money
(d) Leaving the silver drawer open
11. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
(a) She might be planning to run away and marry Blunt.
(b) She might have lied about when she last saw her uncle.
(c) She might have lied about knowing where Ralph is.
(d) She might be the blackmailer.
12. Who is not going to the meeting?
13. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
(a) Miss Russell said Parker was with her at the time the call was made.
(b) Parker was not in the house at the time.
(c) Parker already had access to the scene of the crime.
(d) Parker had no motive.
14. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
(a) Who is the blackmailer among you?
(b) Who else is hiding something?
(c) Who knows where Ralph is?
(d) Who was in the room with Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30?
15. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That the police are on their way now
(b) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
(c) That the police already have the murderer in custody
(d) That the police are in the next room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot show James an article about?
2. How does James identify Kent?
3. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
4. Whom does Poirot tell James he asked for a favor to help solve the case?
5. Who do the police say is a drug user?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)