|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot show James an article about?
(a) Cocaine smuggling
(b) The murder of Roger Ackroyd
(c) Ralph's disappearance
(d) A lot of recent thefts in the area
2. Poirot reminisces about his old friend, whose name is?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
(b) A good investor
(c) A poor investor
(d) Greedy and tightfisted
4. Ralph wanted to conceal his marriage to Ursula until he could do what?
(a) Break up with Flora gently.
(b) Slowly get his uncle used to the idea.
(c) Move away.
(d) Get out of financial trouble.
5. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
(a) He knew the owner of the ring.
(b) He blackmailed Mr. Ackroyd.
(c) He blackmailed his former employer.
(d) He stole the money.
6. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That the police already have the murderer in custody
(b) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
(c) That the police are on their way now
(d) That the police are in the next room
7. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Ursula once caught her doing what?
(a) Reading Mr. Ackroyd's will
(b) Crying in a closet
(c) Rummaging through drawers in the study
(d) Handling the murder weapon
8. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To get money
(b) To have a nice visit family
(c) To live
(d) To hide from police
9. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
(b) Mrs. Paton
(c) Miss Ackroyd
(d) Miss Ferrars
10. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
(a) She might be the blackmailer.
(b) She might have lied about knowing where Ralph is.
(c) She might be planning to run away and marry Blunt.
(d) She might have lied about when she last saw her uncle.
11. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Leaving the silver drawer open
(b) Changing the will
(c) Owning the ring
(d) Stealing the money
12. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
(d) Her mother
13. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
(a) Ralph did make the prints, but wasn't the murderer.
(b) The prints prove Ralph's guilt.
(c) Someone used Ralph's shoes to frame him.
(d) Someone else had similar shoes.
14. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
(b) Miss Russell
(c) Charles Kent
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
15. Poirot wants everyone at Fernly Park to meet where?
(a) At Poirot's house
(b) At the Inn
(c) At Fernly Park
(d) At James and Caroline's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
2. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
3. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
4. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
5. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)