|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
(a) Flora is not the blackmailer.
(b) Flora doesn't really love Ralph.
(c) Flora doesn't really love Blunt.
(d) Flora did not commit the murder.
2. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
(b) Because he still needs more information from James
(c) Because he and James have become friends
(d) To protect Caroline's feelings
3. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
(a) Miss Russell
4. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
5. Where does Caroline think Ralph is?
6. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
(a) Playing Mah Jong
(b) Playing chess
(c) Eating at a local restaurant
7. Who is Charles Kent?
(a) A salesman
(b) The milk man
(c) The stranger James saw
(d) The police officer who called
8. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(b) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(c) He was framed for another murder years ago.
(d) He is in debt.
9. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) The summer house
(b) A home for the mentally ill
(c) A secret room in Fernly Park
(d) James' house
10. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
(a) Knowing Ralph's whereabouts
(b) Murdering her uncle
(c) Stealing the $40 from her uncle's room
(d) The blackmail
11. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
(a) There was a fire.
(b) There was a male visitor.
(c) There was an unusual noise.
(d) There was a female visitor.
12. Poirot reminisces about his old friend, whose name is?
13. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Paton
(b) Miss Ackroyd
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Ferrars
14. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(d) Inspector Raglan
15. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Hide at the inn
(b) Overdose on sleeping pills
(c) Hide in Poirot's attic
(d) Leave town
Short Answer Questions
1. The next morning, what happens?
2. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
3. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
4. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
5. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)