|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Stealing the money
(b) Changing the will
(c) Leaving the silver drawer open
(d) Owning the ring
2. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
(a) Who is the blackmailer among you?
(b) Who else is hiding something?
(c) Who was in the room with Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30?
(d) Who knows where Ralph is?
3. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Charles Kent
(d) Miss Russell
4. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
5. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) The blackmailer
(b) Lying about his name
(c) The murderer
(d) Lying about his alibi
6. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Paton
(b) Miss Ackroyd
(c) Miss Ferrars
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
7. How does James identify Kent?
(a) His face
(b) His fingerprints
(c) His footprints
(d) His voice
8. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
(b) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
(d) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
9. James gives Poirot what?
(a) A newspaper article to read.
(b) His manuscript containing case facts.
(c) A letter from Flora.
(d) A letter from Miss Russell.
10. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Finish it.
(d) Give it to Caroline.
11. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) Inspector Raglan
12. Who is not going to the meeting?
13. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(b) The police
14. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
(a) A poor investor
(b) Greedy and tightfisted
(d) A good investor
15. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
2. James and Poirot discover that Mrs. Ferrars was blackmailed and discuss which of the following people as a suspect?
3. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
4. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
5. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)