|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
(a) Eating at a local restaurant
(c) Playing chess
(d) Playing Mah Jong
2. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
(a) A jar of jam
(b) A note
(c) A loaf of bread
(d) His hat that he left at their house
3. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
(a) Keep a record of the case facts.
(b) Interview suspects.
(c) Add more original ideas to the investigation.
(d) Keep him company.
4. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
5. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
(b) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
(d) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
6. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Leaving the silver drawer open
(b) Changing the will
(c) Stealing the money
(d) Owning the ring
7. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
(b) The police
(c) Mr. Hammond
8. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
(a) A young boy from town
(c) Mr. Hammond
(d) Poirot's maid
9. Who do the police say is a drug user?
(c) Charles Kent
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
10. Whom does Poirot tell James he asked for a favor to help solve the case?
(a) Miss Russell
(d) Inspector Raglan
11. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(b) The United States
12. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) A secret room in Fernly Park
(b) A home for the mentally ill
(c) The summer house
(d) James' house
13. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Miss Ferrars
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Mrs. Paton
(d) Miss Ackroyd
14. Ursula comes from what sort of family background?
(a) Abusive family
(b) Poor family
(c) Orphaned at a young age
(d) Wealthy family
15. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
2. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
3. James gives Poirot what?
4. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
5. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)