|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Poirot tell James he asked for a favor to help solve the case?
(a) Inspector Raglan
(c) Miss Russell
2. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(d) The police
3. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Ursula once caught her doing what?
(a) Handling the murder weapon
(b) Rummaging through drawers in the study
(c) Crying in a closet
(d) Reading Mr. Ackroyd's will
4. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
5. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) The summer house
(b) A home for the mentally ill
(c) A secret room in Fernly Park
(d) James' house
6. Ralph wanted to conceal his marriage to Ursula until he could do what?
(a) Break up with Flora gently.
(b) Get out of financial trouble.
(c) Slowly get his uncle used to the idea.
(d) Move away.
7. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
(a) Calmly drinks tea
(b) Walks into the other room
(d) Accuses Poirot of the murder
8. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Give it to Caroline.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Finish it.
9. Poirot says what about Ralph's footprints?
(a) Someone else had similar shoes.
(b) The prints prove Ralph's guilt.
(c) Ralph did make the prints, but wasn't the murderer.
(d) Someone used Ralph's shoes to frame him.
10. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
11. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) At a party
(b) Through Ursula's job
(c) In a store
(d) Through Ralph's job
12. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
(a) There was a female visitor.
(b) There was a fire.
(c) There was a male visitor.
(d) There was an unusual noise.
13. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
(a) A note
(b) A loaf of bread
(c) His hat that he left at their house
(d) A jar of jam
14. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
(a) He blackmailed his former employer.
(b) He stole the money.
(c) He knew the owner of the ring.
(d) He blackmailed Mr. Ackroyd.
15. The next morning, what happens?
(a) The funerals take place.
(b) Someone else is found dead.
(c) Caroline goes missing.
(d) Ralph returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
2. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
3. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
4. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
5. Who is Charles Kent?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)