|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) Through Ursula's job
(b) At a party
(c) Through Ralph's job
(d) In a store
2. What does Poirot show James an article about?
(a) Cocaine smuggling
(b) A lot of recent thefts in the area
(c) Ralph's disappearance
(d) The murder of Roger Ackroyd
3. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
(a) Greedy and tightfisted
(c) A poor investor
(d) A good investor
4. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) Because he and James have become friends
(b) Because he still needs more information from James
(c) To protect Caroline's feelings
(d) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
5. James gives Poirot what?
(a) His manuscript containing case facts.
(b) A letter from Flora.
(c) A letter from Miss Russell.
(d) A newspaper article to read.
6. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Flora was a major suspect.
(b) Ursula was a major suspect.
(c) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(d) Ralph was a major suspect.
7. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
8. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
(b) That the police are on their way now
(c) That the police are in the next room
(d) That the police already have the murderer in custody
9. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
(a) Walks into the other room
(c) Calmly drinks tea
(d) Accuses Poirot of the murder
10. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Overdose on sleeping pills
(b) Leave town
(c) Hide at the inn
(d) Hide in Poirot's attic
11. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
(b) Miss Ferrars
(c) Miss Ackroyd
(d) Mrs. Paton
12. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
(a) A note
(b) A jar of jam
(c) His hat that he left at their house
(d) A loaf of bread
13. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
(b) Colonel Carter
(c) Mr. Poirot
(d) Inspector Raglan
14. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
(a) The murderer and blackmailer are probably the same person.
(b) Ralph is probably either the murderer or the blackmailer.
(c) The murderer and blackmailer are probably working together.
(d) The murderer and blackmailer may be different people.
15. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
Short Answer Questions
1. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
2. Poirot reminisces about his old friend, whose name is?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
4. Who do the police say is a drug user?
5. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)