|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
(a) The will
(b) A dictaphone
(c) A wine glass
(d) A letter
2. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
(a) To block the window
(b) To block the door
(c) To keep whatever was on the table from view
(d) To cover a blood stain
3. The next morning, what happens?
(a) Caroline goes missing.
(b) Someone else is found dead.
(c) Ralph returns.
(d) The funerals take place.
4. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Leave town
(b) Overdose on sleeping pills
(c) Hide in Poirot's attic
(d) Hide at the inn
5. James gives Poirot what?
(a) A newspaper article to read.
(b) His manuscript containing case facts.
(c) A letter from Flora.
(d) A letter from Miss Russell.
6. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
7. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
(b) Miss Russell
8. Miss Ganett and whom visit James and Caroline?
(a) Colonel Carter
(b) Mr. Poirot
(d) Inspector Raglan
9. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
(a) Parker already had access to the scene of the crime.
(b) Parker had no motive.
(c) Parker was not in the house at the time.
(d) Miss Russell said Parker was with her at the time the call was made.
10. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To live
(b) To hide from police
(c) To get money
(d) To have a nice visit family
11. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) In a store
(b) At a party
(c) Through Ralph's job
(d) Through Ursula's job
12. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
13. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
(b) Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
14. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Give it to Caroline.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Finish it.
15. Who walks into the meeting with a telegram?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) A young boy from town
(d) Poirot's maid
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
2. How does James identify Kent?
3. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
4. Who does Poirot say he knows blackmailed Mrs. Ferrars?
5. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)