|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
(d) Miss Russell
2. Who does Poirot say he knows blackmailed Mrs. Ferrars?
3. Poirot and James next go to confront whom?
(a) Charles Kent
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Miss Russell
4. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) Lying about his alibi
(b) The murderer
(c) Lying about his name
(d) The blackmailer
5. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
6. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) At a party
(b) In a store
(c) Through Ralph's job
(d) Through Ursula's job
7. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
(b) Playing chess
(c) Eating at a local restaurant
(d) Playing Mah Jong
8. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(a) The United States
9. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(c) He was framed for another murder years ago.
(d) He is secretly seeing Flora.
10. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
(a) Stealing the money
(b) Owning the ring
(c) Changing the will
(d) Leaving the silver drawer open
11. How does James identify Kent?
(a) His voice
(b) His fingerprints
(c) His footprints
(d) His face
12. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(c) Inspector Raglan
13. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Finish it.
(c) Leave it with Poirot.
(d) Give it to Caroline.
14. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Leave town
(b) Hide at the inn
(c) Overdose on sleeping pills
(d) Hide in Poirot's attic
15. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
2. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
3. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
4. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
5. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)