|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
(a) She might have lied about knowing where Ralph is.
(b) She might be planning to run away and marry Blunt.
(c) She might be the blackmailer.
(d) She might have lied about when she last saw her uncle.
2. Poirot thinks Kent may be what?
(a) Lying about his name
(b) The murderer
(c) The blackmailer
(d) Lying about his alibi
3. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
4. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
(a) Parker already had access to the scene of the crime.
(b) Parker had no motive.
(c) Parker was not in the house at the time.
(d) Miss Russell said Parker was with her at the time the call was made.
5. The next morning, what happens?
(a) The funerals take place.
(b) Caroline goes missing.
(c) Someone else is found dead.
(d) Ralph returns.
6. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
(a) Leave it with Poirot.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Finish it.
(d) Give it to Caroline.
7. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(c) The United States
8. James gives Poirot what?
(a) His manuscript containing case facts.
(b) A letter from Flora.
(c) A newspaper article to read.
(d) A letter from Miss Russell.
9. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(b) He is in debt.
(c) He was framed for another murder years ago.
(d) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
10. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) A home for the mentally ill
(b) A secret room in Fernly Park
(c) James' house
(d) The summer house
11. When they return from their walk, whom do Poirot and James find in James' house?
12. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To hide from police
(b) To have a nice visit family
(c) To live
(d) To get money
13. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
(c) Her mother
14. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
(a) Keep him company.
(b) Interview suspects.
(c) Keep a record of the case facts.
(d) Add more original ideas to the investigation.
15. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(b) Ursula was a major suspect.
(c) Flora was a major suspect.
(d) Ralph was a major suspect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
2. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
3. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
4. Everyone at the meeting is shocked by what?
5. What does Poirot tell Blunt that makes Blunt happy?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)