|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
(a) Leave town
(b) Hide at the inn
(c) Overdose on sleeping pills
(d) Hide in Poirot's attic
2. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He is in debt.
(b) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(c) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(d) He was framed for another murder years ago.
3. Everyone at the meeting is shocked by what?
(a) The police arriving
(b) Ralph showing up
(c) Ursula and Ralph being married
(d) An unexpected phone call
4. What major discovery do James and Poirot make about Charles Kent?
(a) He is Mr. and Mrs. Ferrars' son.
(b) He is Miss Russell's son.
(c) He is Mrs. Ackroyd's son.
(d) He is Mr. Ackroyd's son.
5. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
(a) Interview suspects.
(b) Keep a record of the case facts.
(c) Add more original ideas to the investigation.
(d) Keep him company.
6. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
(b) Mr. Hammond
7. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(a) Inspector Raglan
8. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
(a) He stole the money.
(b) He knew the owner of the ring.
(c) He blackmailed Mr. Ackroyd.
(d) He blackmailed his former employer.
9. What does Poirot show James an article about?
(a) Cocaine smuggling
(b) The murder of Roger Ackroyd
(c) Ralph's disappearance
(d) A lot of recent thefts in the area
10. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
(c) A message on the dictaphone
11. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
(a) Parker was not in the house at the time.
(b) Miss Russell said Parker was with her at the time the call was made.
(c) Parker had no motive.
(d) Parker already had access to the scene of the crime.
12. Half an hour before Mr. Ackroyd's death, Ursula met whom in the summer house?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
13. Caroline tells James that which person stopped in looking for Poirot?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
14. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Flora and Mr. Ackroyd
(d) Ralph and Flora
15. James gives Poirot what?
(a) His manuscript containing case facts.
(b) A newspaper article to read.
(c) A letter from Miss Russell.
(d) A letter from Flora.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline tells James that what event happened at Poirot's house today?
2. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
3. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
4. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
5. What sort of accent does Charles Kent have?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)