|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
(b) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
(d) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
2. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
(a) To block the window
(b) To block the door
(c) To cover a blood stain
(d) To keep whatever was on the table from view
3. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) To protect Caroline's feelings
(b) Because he and James have become friends
(c) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
(d) Because he still needs more information from James
4. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(b) Ursula was a major suspect.
(c) Ralph was a major suspect.
(d) Flora was a major suspect.
5. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
6. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Ralph's boots
(b) Raymond's visit
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(d) Miss Russell's odd questions
7. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
8. Poirot theorizes that Blunt did not hear Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30 the night he died because it was actually what?
(a) A message on the dictaphone
9. Where did Ralph go into hiding?
(a) A home for the mentally ill
(b) The summer house
(c) A secret room in Fernly Park
(d) James' house
10. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
11. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(d) The United States
12. Caroline sends James to give what to Poirot?
(a) His hat that he left at their house
(b) A jar of jam
(c) A loaf of bread
(d) A note
13. Who is in such disbelief that he/she calls the police to confirm the situation?
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
14. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
(a) Stealing the $40 from her uncle's room
(b) Knowing Ralph's whereabouts
(c) The blackmail
(d) Murdering her uncle
15. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(b) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(c) He is in debt.
(d) He was framed for another murder years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was discovered about Parker when James and Poirot questioned him?
2. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
3. Everyone enjoys guessing the meaning of what?
4. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
5. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)