|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
(a) Ralph is probably either the murderer or the blackmailer.
(b) The murderer and blackmailer are probably the same person.
(c) The murderer and blackmailer may be different people.
(d) The murderer and blackmailer are probably working together.
2. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
(a) The will
(b) A dictaphone
(c) A letter
(d) A wine glass
3. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
(a) Ralph was clearly being framed by James.
(b) Caroline told him about a patient of James' who turned out to have made the call.
(c) The steward who made the call for James came back on his own and confessed.
(d) The station master told Poirot that the person who made the call said James asked him to.
4. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
(c) The United States
5. Flora confesses to what part of the mystery?
(a) The blackmail
(b) Stealing the $40 from her uncle's room
(c) Knowing Ralph's whereabouts
(d) Murdering her uncle
6. Poirot announces what to everyone?
(a) That the police are on their way now
(b) That the police are in the next room
(c) That he did not invite the police to the meeting on purpose
(d) That the police already have the murderer in custody
7. How did Ursula and Ralph meet?
(a) In a store
(b) At a party
(c) Through Ralph's job
(d) Through Ursula's job
8. James gives Poirot what?
(a) His manuscript containing case facts.
(b) A letter from Miss Russell.
(c) A letter from Flora.
(d) A newspaper article to read.
9. Why doesn't Poirot want James to be arrested?
(a) To protect Caroline's feelings
(b) Because he still needs more information from James
(c) Because he knows James didn't mean to commit murder
(d) Because he and James have become friends
10. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(c) The police
11. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
12. Why does Poirot think Charles Kent went to Fernly Park the day of the murder?
(a) Because he was born in Kent
(b) Because he was lost
(c) Because he was seeing Flora
(d) Because he was looking for a good place to hide from police
13. Mrs. Ackroyd says that Mr. Ackroyd was what, regarding money?
(a) A good investor
(b) Greedy and tightfisted
(c) A poor investor
14. Why does Poirot eliminate Parker as the person who made the call?
(a) Parker already had access to the scene of the crime.
(b) Parker was not in the house at the time.
(c) Miss Russell said Parker was with her at the time the call was made.
(d) Parker had no motive.
15. Caroline thinks that who might have secretly married Flora already?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suddenly appears at the meeting?
2. Half an hour before Mr. Ackroyd's death, Ursula met whom in the summer house?
3. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
4. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
5. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)