|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poirot show James an article about?
(a) Ralph's disappearance
(b) A lot of recent thefts in the area
(c) Cocaine smuggling
(d) The murder of Roger Ackroyd
2. Inspector Raglan tells James what about Kent?
(a) His alibi checks out.
(b) His alibi does not check out.
(c) He confessed.
(d) He escaped.
3. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(b) Inspector Raglan
4. James' secret is that he met Ralph after the murder and told him what, causing Ralph to leave?
(a) Ursula was a major suspect.
(b) Flora planned to marry someone else.
(c) Flora was a major suspect.
(d) Ralph was a major suspect.
5. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To hide from police
(b) To have a nice visit family
(c) To live
(d) To get money
6. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
(a) Playing chess
(b) Playing Mah Jong
(c) Eating at a local restaurant
7. Poirot asks the group what important question at the meeting?
(a) Who was in the room with Mr. Ackroyd at 9:30?
(b) Who is the blackmailer among you?
(c) Who knows where Ralph is?
(d) Who else is hiding something?
8. Poirot tells James that he knows James arranged the phone call because of what?
(a) Ralph was clearly being framed by James.
(b) Caroline told him about a patient of James' who turned out to have made the call.
(c) The station master told Poirot that the person who made the call said James asked him to.
(d) The steward who made the call for James came back on his own and confessed.
9. Of the following people, who did Ursula have a major fight with the day of the murder?
(a) Flora and Mr. Ackroyd
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Ralph and Flora
(d) Mr. Ackroyd and Ralph
10. Raymond admits that his secret is what?
(a) He was framed for another murder years ago.
(b) He was stealing from the Ackroyd estate.
(c) He is secretly seeing Flora.
(d) He is in debt.
11. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Mrs. Paton
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Miss Ackroyd
(d) Miss Ferrars
12. Who summons James to his/her bedside?
(b) Mrs. Ackroyd
13. Ursula insisted on telling whom about the marriage, after she heard the announcement of Ralph and Flora's engagement?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd
(c) Miss Russell
14. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
15. Poirot says that which person could not be the killer because they had no motive to make the phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. The telegram is from a steamer on its way where?
2. Why does Poirot think the chair was pulled out?
3. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
4. James seems unconcerned by Poirot's accusations and even does what during the exchange?
5. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)