|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
(a) The will
(b) A wine glass
(c) A dictaphone
(d) A letter
2. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
(c) Her mother
3. In the start of Chapter Fourteen, the narrator tells the reader that after Monday night Poirot and whom went their separate ways?
4. Ursula comes from what sort of family background?
(a) Abusive family
(b) Poor family
(c) Orphaned at a young age
(d) Wealthy family
5. What does Poirot ask Caroline to find out about Ralph's shoes?
(c) Who else owns similar shoes
6. Whom does Poirot tell James he asked for a favor to help solve the case?
(c) Miss Russell
(d) Inspector Raglan
7. Ralph wanted to conceal his marriage to Ursula until he could do what?
(a) Slowly get his uncle used to the idea.
(b) Break up with Flora gently.
(c) Get out of financial trouble.
(d) Move away.
8. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
(b) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
(c) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
9. What unusual name does Poirot call Ursula?
(a) Miss Ferrars
(b) Mrs. Paton
(c) Miss Ackroyd
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
10. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
(a) She might have lied about knowing where Ralph is.
(b) She might be planning to run away and marry Blunt.
(c) She might have lied about when she last saw her uncle.
(d) She might be the blackmailer.
11. What is mentioned as a popular pastime in King's Abbot?
(a) Playing chess
(b) Playing Mah Jong
(d) Eating at a local restaurant
12. What does Poirot show James an article about?
(a) Ralph's disappearance
(b) Cocaine smuggling
(c) The murder of Roger Ackroyd
(d) A lot of recent thefts in the area
13. Poirot has a newspaper announcement sent saying that Ralph was captured where?
14. Who tries to save Flora from her confession by confessing to the same thing?
(d) Miss Russell
15. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
(a) Interview suspects.
(b) Add more original ideas to the investigation.
(c) Keep a record of the case facts.
(d) Keep him company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot wants James to do what regarding his manuscript?
2. Who summons James to his/her bedside?
3. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
4. Poirot suggests that, rather than be arrested, James does what?
5. How does James identify Kent?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)