|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Poirot tell James he asked for a favor to help solve the case?
(a) Inspector Raglan
(d) Miss Russell
2. Where does Caroline think Ralph is?
3. When they visit Flora, they find her with whom?
(c) Her mother
4. Why has Kent really come to town, according to Miss Russell?
(a) To get money
(b) To hide from police
(c) To live
(d) To have a nice visit family
5. Poirot suggests what to the Inspector about Flora?
(a) She might have lied about when she last saw her uncle.
(b) She might have lied about knowing where Ralph is.
(c) She might be planning to run away and marry Blunt.
(d) She might be the blackmailer.
6. What do James and Poirot ask Mr. Hammond about?
(a) How well he personally knew Mrs. Ferrars
(b) Mrs. Ferrars' financial records
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's financial records
(d) How well he personally knew Mr. Ackroyd
7. James speaks to whom first at Fernly Park?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
8. How does James identify Kent?
(a) His face
(b) His voice
(c) His footprints
(d) His fingerprints
9. Poirot thinks that the killer used the chair to conceal what item on the table?
(a) A dictaphone
(b) A letter
(c) A wine glass
(d) The will
10. Poirot wants everyone at Fernly Park to meet where?
(a) At James and Caroline's house
(b) At Fernly Park
(c) At Poirot's house
(d) At the Inn
11. Who summons James to his/her bedside?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
12. Who does not go to Liverpool to see Charles Kent?
(a) Inspector Raglan
13. Caroline reminds James to tell Poirot about what?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd's confession
(b) Ralph's boots
(c) Miss Russell's odd questions
(d) Raymond's visit
14. Who is not going to the meeting?
15. Poirot agrees with James about what regarding the murder?
(a) Ralph is probably either the murderer or the blackmailer.
(b) The murderer and blackmailer may be different people.
(c) The murderer and blackmailer are probably the same person.
(d) The murderer and blackmailer are probably working together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Ganett thinks who might be guilty of the crime?
2. Mrs. Ackroyd admits what to James?
3. Poirot says that he wishes his old friend were around to do what?
4. James, Caroline, and Poirot's dinner is interrupted by a call from whom?
5. What does Poirot show James an article about?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)