|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
2. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
(a) It is interesting.
(b) It is correct.
(c) It is flawed.
(d) It is the same as Poirot's theory.
3. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a lunatic
(b) He is a retired detective
(c) He murdered a man years ago
(d) He is a retired doctor
4. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
5. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
6. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
(a) They never speak.
(b) They have some problems now and then.
(c) They are having major problems.
(d) They are getting along fine.
7. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
(a) He denies making the phone call.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He tells James not to phone the police about the murder.
(d) He locks James out.
8. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars told him that Mr. Ferrars was murdered by his friend.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd killed Mr. Ferrars.
(c) Mr. Ferrars probably died naturally.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars confessed to him that she murdered her husband.
9. Where did Caroline walk?
(a) By the seashore
(c) Through the woods
(d) To a neighbor's house
10. Who comes out from behind a tree and surprises Flora?
11. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a table in the drawing room
(b) In a box in the billiard room
(c) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
(d) In a desk drawer in the library
12. Who has become close friends with Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Ralph Applewood
(b) Rodney Appleton
(c) Robert Avery
(d) Roger Ackroyd
13. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
(a) To introduce him to the people in town.
(b) To hold on to an important document for him.
(c) To keep quiet about his profession.
(d) To conceal his identity.
14. What was the unusual stranger there for?
(a) Nobody knows
(b) To sell something
(c) To visit someone
(d) To ask directions
15. Poirot thinks what is a crucial clue in the case?
(a) Missing money
(b) The phone call
(c) The dagger
(d) The footprints
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James live with?
2. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
3. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
4. Where is Ralph staying in town?
5. Who finds a gold ring?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)