|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. Based on the initial inscribed on the ring, who might be a suspect?
(a) Anyone whose name has the initial R
(b) Anyone whose name has the initial P
(c) Anyone whose name has the initial A
(d) Anyone whose name has the initial F
3. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
4. Where did Caroline walk?
(b) By the seashore
(c) Through the woods
(d) To a neighbor's house
5. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
(a) He tells James not to phone the police about the murder.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He denies making the phone call.
(d) He locks James out.
6. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
(a) The nanny
(b) The neighbor
(c) The chef
(d) The maid
7. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
(b) Mrs. Ferrars
(d) Miss Russell
8. Who is Hector Blunt?
(a) A well-known hunter.
(b) A well-known doctor.
(c) An amateur writer.
(d) A farmer.
9. What was the unusual stranger there for?
(a) To ask directions
(b) To visit someone
(c) To sell something
(d) Nobody knows
10. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
(b) Miss Russell
11. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
(a) Mrs. Fielding
(b) Mrs. Ferdinand
(c) Mrs. Ferguson
(d) Mrs. Folliott
12. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
(a) They have some problems now and then.
(b) They never speak.
(c) They are getting along fine.
(d) They are having major problems.
13. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
(b) Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
(c) Miss Russell
14. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(b) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
(c) A list of James' patients
(d) A note she found
15. What item was moved at the crime scene?
(a) A table
(b) A glass
(c) A cabinet
(d) A chair
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Poirot, everyone is doing what?
2. Mr. Poirot lives where?
3. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
4. Everyone, including James, does what when Poirot confronts them?
5. What is discovered about the footprints?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)