|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poirot tells whom that the quill from the summer house might have been used for taking heroin?
2. Who is the last known person to see Mr. Ackroyd alive?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
3. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
(a) His clothes
(b) Nothing at all
(c) His voice
(d) His face
4. What is Flora's reaction to Mr. Ackroyd's death?
(a) She fainted
(c) She screamed
5. To whom did Mr. Ackroyd leave 1,000 pounds in his will?
(b) Miss Russell
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
6. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) Queen's Palace
(b) Fernly Park
(c) Royal Pond
(d) King's Paddock
7. Who owns Fernly Park?
(a) David Adams
(b) Donald Adams
(c) Robert Ackroyd
(d) Roger Ackroyd
8. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(b) Inquiries are already being made.
(c) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
(d) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
9. Flora gets into a fight with whom over comments about Ralph?
(c) Her mother
10. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
(a) The chef
(b) The neighbor
(c) The maid
(d) The nanny
11. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
(a) Mr. Harrison
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) Mr. Harris
(d) Mr. Harper
12. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
(a) The pond
(b) The bushes
(c) Up a tree
(d) The path
13. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
(a) He thinks she might be in danger if she knows what he does.
(b) He thinks she could be a killer.
(c) He thinks she might make fun of his theories.
(d) He thinks she will spread rumors around town.
14. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(a) A list of James' patients
(c) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
(d) A note she found
15. Who tells James that Ralph is in town?
(a) Miss Flora
(b) Mr. Poirot
(d) Miss Russell
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora say she happy?
2. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
3. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
4. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
5. What does Caroline think James should search for regarding Mrs. Ferrars?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)