|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
(a) His will
(c) A glass of wine
(d) A note
2. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars
(c) Miss Russell
3. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
(a) Miss Foster
(b) Miss Ferris
(c) Miss Flora
(d) Miss Finch
4. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
(b) An overdose of pain medication
(c) An overdose of sleeping pills
(d) Natural causes
5. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
(a) Miss Russell was asking about drugs and poisons.
(b) Miss Russell was seen outside the night of the murder.
(c) Miss Russell might own the ring that was found in an earlier chapter.
(d) Miss Russell was caught in a lie.
6. What is the Intelligence Corps?
(a) A secret detective agency
(b) A book discussion club
(c) A group of people who gossip with John's sister
(d) A military group
7. Miss Russell says she has pain where?
(a) Her stomach
(b) Her elbow
(c) Her shoulder
(d) Her knee
8. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
9. Who finds a gold ring?
10. Who owns Fernly Park?
(a) David Adams
(b) Roger Ackroyd
(c) Donald Adams
(d) Robert Ackroyd
11. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
12. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
(a) He tells James not to phone the police about the murder.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He locks James out.
(d) He denies making the phone call.
13. What is Fernly Park?
(a) A house
(b) A park
(c) A museum
(d) A stadium
14. Mr. Ackroyd says that Ralph is where?
(c) New York
15. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caroline gives Poirot what?
2. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
3. Ralph tells James what about Ralph's relationship with his stepfather?
4. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
5. John's sister's name is?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)