|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Blunt to Poirot?
2. Ralph wants to avoid making Mr. Ackroyd angry for what reason?
(a) He might be cut out of the will.
(b) He is afraid Mr. Ackroyd will kill him.
(c) He doesn't want Mr. Ackroyd to get sick from stress.
(d) He might be kicked out of the house.
3. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
(a) Raglan doesn't like Mr. Poirot's general attitude.
(b) Raglan thinks it is too dangerous for a civilian.
(c) Raglan suspects Mr. Poirot in the murder.
(d) Raglan wants the glory of solving the case himself.
4. Mr. Poirot lives where?
(a) The Pines
(b) The Arches
(c) The Beeches
(d) The Larches
5. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
(a) Someone shot a gun.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd screamed.
(c) Someone asked Mr. Ackroyd for money.
(d) Some glass broke.
6. To whom did Mr. Ackroyd leave 1,000 pounds in his will?
(a) Miss Russell
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
7. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(b) Mr. Poirot
8. What does Caroline think James should search for regarding Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) A murder weapon
(b) A suicide letter
(c) Next of kin to notify
(d) An accidental cause of death
9. What is the Intelligence Corps?
(a) A military group
(b) A secret detective agency
(c) A book discussion club
(d) A group of people who gossip with John's sister
10. Ralph was secretly speaking to whom?
(a) An unknown girl
(b) Mr. Poirot
(c) Miss Flora
(d) An unknown boy
11. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
12. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(d) Don't disturb him.
13. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) The delivery boy and maid
(b) The maid and mailman
(c) The maid and milkman
(d) The milkman and mailman
14. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a dagger
(b) With a gun
(c) With a rope
(d) With a pillow
15. What is John's profession?
(b) Private investigator
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flora say she happy?
2. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
3. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
4. What is Fernly Park?
5. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)