|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's profession?
(b) Private investigator
2. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
(a) Mr. Harrison
(b) Mr. Hammond
(c) Mr. Harper
(d) Mr. Harris
3. How does Caroline think Mr. Ferrars died?
(a) He died in his sleep
(b) Mrs. Ferrars poisoned him.
(c) He died of old age
(d) He died of heart failure
4. What was the unusual stranger there for?
(a) To visit someone
(b) To ask directions
(c) Nobody knows
(d) To sell something
5. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Paton
(b) Ralph Prescott
(c) Ralph Preston
(d) Ralph Peterson
6. According to Poirot, everyone is doing what?
(a) Arguing too much
(b) Helping with the investigation
(c) Keeping secrets
(d) Hiding Ralph on purpose
7. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
8. Where does Mr. Poirot tell James he knew Mr. Ackroyd from?
(b) New York
9. Who is the last known person to see Mr. Ackroyd alive?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
10. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
(b) An overdose of sleeping pills
(c) Natural causes
(d) An overdose of pain medication
11. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
(a) Ralph's disappearance
(b) The phone call
(c) Footprints outside
(d) Fingerprints on the dagger
12. What is Fernly Park?
(a) A house
(b) A stadium
(c) A museum
(d) A park
13. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
14. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(b) Inquiries are already being made.
(c) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
(d) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
15. Where did Caroline walk?
(a) To a neighbor's house
(c) Through the woods
(d) By the seashore
Short Answer Questions
1. Flora gets into a fight with whom over comments about Ralph?
2. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
3. Ralph was secretly speaking to whom?
4. Ralph wants to avoid making Mr. Ackroyd angry for what reason?
5. Mr. Ackroyd says that Ralph is where?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)