|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph wants to avoid making Mr. Ackroyd angry for what reason?
(a) He might be cut out of the will.
(b) He is afraid Mr. Ackroyd will kill him.
(c) He doesn't want Mr. Ackroyd to get sick from stress.
(d) He might be kicked out of the house.
2. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a retired doctor
(b) He is a lunatic
(c) He murdered a man years ago
(d) He is a retired detective
3. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
4. Who died a year ago?
(a) The Ferrars' daughter
(b) Mr. Ferrars
(c) The Ferrars' son
(d) Mrs. Ferrars
5. Who finds a gold ring?
6. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
(a) It is flawed.
(b) It is interesting.
(c) It is correct.
(d) It is the same as Poirot's theory.
7. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
(a) Mr. Ferrars probably died naturally.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars confessed to him that she murdered her husband.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd killed Mr. Ferrars.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars told him that Mr. Ferrars was murdered by his friend.
8. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) Don't disturb him.
(b) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
9. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(b) Mr. Poirot
10. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a rope
(b) With a pillow
(c) With a dagger
(d) With a gun
11. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
(a) Mrs. Fielding
(b) Mrs. Ferdinand
(c) Mrs. Folliott
(d) Mrs. Ferguson
12. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
13. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
14. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
(a) He denies making the phone call.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He tells James not to phone the police about the murder.
(d) He locks James out.
15. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) Queen's Palace
(b) Fernly Park
(c) King's Paddock
(d) Royal Pond
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. What is the parlor maid's name?
3. Where is Ralph staying in town?
4. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
5. Who has become close friends with Mrs. Ferrars?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)