|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's profession?
(a) Private investigator
2. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
3. John's last name is?
4. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars told him that Mr. Ferrars was murdered by his friend.
(b) Mr. Ferrars probably died naturally.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars confessed to him that she murdered her husband.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd killed Mr. Ferrars.
5. Why is Flora worried about Ralph?
(a) She thinks the police suspect him.
(b) She hasn't seen him for a week.
(c) He is sick.
(d) She saw him with a woman.
6. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) The delivery boy and maid
(b) The milkman and mailman
(c) The maid and milkman
(d) The maid and mailman
7. Who comes out from behind a tree and surprises Flora?
8. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
(b) Miss Russell
9. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a gun
(b) With a dagger
(c) With a rope
(d) With a pillow
10. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
11. Why does Flora say she happy?
(a) Flora did not want to marry Ralph and hoped he got arrested
(b) Her uncle left her money.
(c) Flora always hated her uncle and was glad to see him dead.
(d) Ralph was no longer a murder suspect.
12. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a desk drawer in the library
(b) In a box in the billiard room
(c) In a table in the drawing room
(d) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
13. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
(a) Miss Russell herself
(b) The parlor maid
(c) The cook
14. Flora gets into a fight with whom over comments about Ralph?
(d) Her mother
15. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
(a) Raglan thinks it is too dangerous for a civilian.
(b) Raglan suspects Mr. Poirot in the murder.
(c) Raglan doesn't like Mr. Poirot's general attitude.
(d) Raglan wants the glory of solving the case himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
2. Ralph was secretly speaking to whom?
3. Mr. Ackroyd's wife was which of the following?
4. According to Poirot, everyone is doing what?
5. Caroline gives Poirot what?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)