|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the parlor maid's name?
2. What does Caroline think James should search for regarding Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) An accidental cause of death
(b) A murder weapon
(c) Next of kin to notify
(d) A suicide letter
3. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Peterson
(b) Ralph Prescott
(c) Ralph Preston
(d) Ralph Paton
4. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
(a) The bushes
(b) Up a tree
(c) The pond
(d) The path
5. What is discovered about the footprints?
(a) They belong to Raymond.
(b) They belong to Ralph.
(c) They are from common shoes and could belong to anyone.
(d) They belong to Blunt.
6. Who becomes an immediate suspect due to his/her strange behavior?
7. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(b) Inquiries are already being made.
(c) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
(d) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
8. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
9. Who does James live with?
(a) His wife
(b) His parents
(c) His friend
(d) His sister
10. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
(a) Ralph's disappearance
(b) Footprints outside
(c) Fingerprints on the dagger
(d) The phone call
11. Ralph wants to avoid making Mr. Ackroyd angry for what reason?
(a) He might be kicked out of the house.
(b) He doesn't want Mr. Ackroyd to get sick from stress.
(c) He might be cut out of the will.
(d) He is afraid Mr. Ackroyd will kill him.
12. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(b) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
(c) A list of James' patients
(d) A note she found
13. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
14. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
(a) It is interesting.
(b) It is the same as Poirot's theory.
(c) It is correct.
(d) It is flawed.
15. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a pillow
(b) With a rope
(c) With a gun
(d) With a dagger
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flora worried about Ralph?
2. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
3. Where is Ralph staying in town?
4. Why is James upset with Caroline?
5. John's sister's name is?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)