|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells James that Ralph is in town?
(b) Mr. Poirot
(c) Miss Flora
(d) Miss Russell
2. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
3. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd screamed.
(b) Someone asked Mr. Ackroyd for money.
(c) Someone shot a gun.
(d) Some glass broke.
4. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(a) A list of James' patients
(c) A note she found
(d) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
5. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
(b) In a box in the billiard room
(c) In a desk drawer in the library
(d) In a table in the drawing room
6. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
(a) Miss Russell
(b) Mrs. Ferrars
7. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
(a) Stamp collecting
(b) Growing vegetables
8. Who owns Fernly Park?
(a) Robert Ackroyd
(b) Roger Ackroyd
(c) Donald Adams
(d) David Adams
9. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
10. According to Poirot, everyone is doing what?
(a) Hiding Ralph on purpose
(b) Helping with the investigation
(c) Keeping secrets
(d) Arguing too much
11. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
12. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
(a) It will look very bad for Ralph.
(b) Flora will not marry Ralph.
(c) The police will arrest Ralph for murder on sight.
(d) Ralph will die.
13. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
(b) Miss Russell
(c) Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
14. Where does Mr. Poirot tell James he knew Mr. Ackroyd from?
(c) New York
15. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a retired detective
(b) He murdered a man years ago
(c) He is a lunatic
(d) He is a retired doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
2. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
3. Flora is so upset that she asks Raymond to do what?
4. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
5. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)