|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is James upset with Caroline?
(a) She is not helping with the investigation.
(b) She did not cook dinner as she promised.
(c) She is helping to incriminate Ralph.
(d) She will not speak to him.
2. While James is gone, who stops in to see Caroline?
(a) Mr. Poirot
(d) Miss Russell
3. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He murdered a man years ago
(b) He is a retired detective
(c) He is a lunatic
(d) He is a retired doctor
4. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
5. Why is Flora worried about Ralph?
(a) She thinks the police suspect him.
(b) She saw him with a woman.
(c) He is sick.
(d) She hasn't seen him for a week.
6. Why does the officer take the murder weapon to the billiard room?
(a) To set up the murderer
(b) To question James
(c) To question Raymond
(d) To find where it came from
7. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
8. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(b) Mr. Harper
(c) Mr. Harrison
(d) Mr. Harris
9. Mr. Poirot lives where?
(a) The Larches
(b) The Arches
(c) The Pines
(d) The Beeches
10. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
(a) Miss Russell might own the ring that was found in an earlier chapter.
(b) Miss Russell was asking about drugs and poisons.
(c) Miss Russell was caught in a lie.
(d) Miss Russell was seen outside the night of the murder.
11. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
(a) To conceal his identity.
(b) To hold on to an important document for him.
(c) To keep quiet about his profession.
(d) To introduce him to the people in town.
12. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
13. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) Don't disturb him.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(c) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
14. Based on the initial inscribed on the ring, who might be a suspect?
(a) Anyone whose name has the initial P
(b) Anyone whose name has the initial A
(c) Anyone whose name has the initial F
(d) Anyone whose name has the initial R
15. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
(a) It is correct.
(b) It is the same as Poirot's theory.
(c) It is flawed.
(d) It is interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
2. Why doesn't James trust Caroline with information?
3. Who has become close friends with Mrs. Ferrars?
4. Who is Miss Russell to Mr. Ackroyd?
5. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)