|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
2. In Chapter One, who has died?
(a) Mr. Ferguson
(b) Mr. Ford
(c) Mrs. Ferrars
(d) Mrs. Ferris
3. What does Caroline think James should search for regarding Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) Next of kin to notify
(b) An accidental cause of death
(c) A murder weapon
(d) A suicide letter
4. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
5. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
(a) Stamp collecting
(c) Growing vegetables
6. Based on the initial inscribed on the ring, who might be a suspect?
(a) Anyone whose name has the initial F
(b) Anyone whose name has the initial A
(c) Anyone whose name has the initial P
(d) Anyone whose name has the initial R
7. Why does Flora say she happy?
(a) Ralph was no longer a murder suspect.
(b) Flora did not want to marry Ralph and hoped he got arrested
(c) Flora always hated her uncle and was glad to see him dead.
(d) Her uncle left her money.
8. Mr. Ackroyd's wife was which of the following?
(a) A gambler
(b) Mentally ill
(c) An alcoholic
(d) A drug addict
9. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
(a) Miss Flora
(b) Miss Finch
(c) Miss Ferris
(d) Miss Foster
10. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Prescott
(b) Ralph Preston
(c) Ralph Paton
(d) Ralph Peterson
11. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
12. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
13. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
(a) With a pillow
(b) With a rope
(c) With a dagger
(d) With a gun
14. Poirot tells whom that the quill from the summer house might have been used for taking heroin?
15. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is James upset with Caroline?
2. Who died a year ago?
3. Who tells James that Ralph is in town?
4. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
5. Who is murdered at Fernly Park, according to Parker?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)