|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
(b) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
(c) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(d) Inquiries are already being made.
2. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
3. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Peterson
(b) Ralph Preston
(c) Ralph Paton
(d) Ralph Prescott
4. What is the parlor maid's name?
5. What is discovered about the footprints?
(a) They belong to Ralph.
(b) They belong to Raymond.
(c) They are from common shoes and could belong to anyone.
(d) They belong to Blunt.
6. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(c) Mr. Poirot
7. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
(a) Mrs. Fielding
(b) Mrs. Ferdinand
(c) Mrs. Ferguson
(d) Mrs. Folliott
8. Mr. Ackroyd's wife was which of the following?
(a) An alcoholic
(b) Mentally ill
(c) A drug addict
(d) A gambler
9. Who does James live with?
(a) His sister
(b) His wife
(c) His friend
(d) His parents
10. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
(a) Stamp collecting
(b) Growing vegetables
11. Who comes out from behind a tree and surprises Flora?
12. What was the unusual stranger there for?
(a) To visit someone
(b) To ask directions
(c) To sell something
(d) Nobody knows
13. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
14. What is one of the items out of place in the summer house?
(a) A billiard ball
(b) A glass
(c) A hat
(d) A goose quill
15. Who died a year ago?
(a) Mr. Ferrars
(b) The Ferrars' daughter
(c) The Ferrars' son
(d) Mrs. Ferrars
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Ackroyd that they are being blackmailed?
2. The Inspector thinks which piece of evidence is most important?
3. Why does the officer take the murder weapon to the billiard room?
4. Officer Davis questions James about the blackmailer because it was mentioned to him by whom?
5. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)