|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fernly Park?
(a) A museum
(b) A park
(c) A stadium
(d) A house
2. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
(a) It will look very bad for Ralph.
(b) The police will arrest Ralph for murder on sight.
(c) Flora will not marry Ralph.
(d) Ralph will die.
3. What did Mr. Poirot ask Mr. Ackroyd to do?
(a) To keep quiet about his profession.
(b) To introduce him to the people in town.
(c) To conceal his identity.
(d) To hold on to an important document for him.
4. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(a) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
(b) A list of James' patients
(d) A note she found
5. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
6. John's last name is?
7. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) Royal Pond
(b) Queen's Palace
(c) King's Paddock
(d) Fernly Park
8. Flora is so upset that she asks Raymond to do what?
(a) Send everyone home
(b) Leave the house
(c) Send a formal announcement of the engagement
(d) Call the police
9. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
(a) A note
(b) A glass of wine
(c) His will
10. Who does James live with?
(a) His parents
(b) His sister
(c) His wife
(d) His friend
11. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
(b) Natural causes
(c) An overdose of sleeping pills
(d) An overdose of pain medication
12. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) Don't disturb him.
(b) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
13. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
(b) Growing vegetables
(d) Stamp collecting
14. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
(a) Raglan thinks it is too dangerous for a civilian.
(b) Raglan doesn't like Mr. Poirot's general attitude.
(c) Raglan suspects Mr. Poirot in the murder.
(d) Raglan wants the glory of solving the case himself.
15. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the parlor maid's name?
2. Why does the officer take the murder weapon to the billiard room?
3. What is John's profession?
4. Who is the last known person to see Mr. Ackroyd alive?
5. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)