|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ralph staying in town?
(a) The Three Dogs Inn
(b) The Three Boars Inn
(c) The Three Bears Inn
(d) The Three Wolves Inn
2. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(a) A list of James' patients
(b) A note she found
(d) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
3. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Peterson
(b) Ralph Prescott
(c) Ralph Paton
(d) Ralph Preston
4. Whose fingerprints are not taken right away?
5. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
(a) Stamp collecting
(d) Growing vegetables
6. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars told him that Mr. Ferrars was murdered by his friend.
(b) Mr. Ferrars probably died naturally.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars confessed to him that she murdered her husband.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd killed Mr. Ferrars.
7. What is discovered about the footprints?
(a) They belong to Blunt.
(b) They are from common shoes and could belong to anyone.
(c) They belong to Ralph.
(d) They belong to Raymond.
8. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
9. Who introduces Blunt to Poirot?
10. Why is Flora worried about Ralph?
(a) She hasn't seen him for a week.
(b) She thinks the police suspect him.
(c) She saw him with a woman.
(d) He is sick.
11. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
(a) Mr. Hammond
(b) Mr. Harris
(c) Mr. Harrison
(d) Mr. Harper
12. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
(a) Someone asked Mr. Ackroyd for money.
(b) Some glass broke.
(c) Someone shot a gun.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd screamed.
13. To whom did Mr. Ackroyd leave 1,000 pounds in his will?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
(c) Miss Russell
14. Who owns Fernly Park?
(a) Roger Ackroyd
(b) Donald Adams
(c) Robert Ackroyd
(d) David Adams
15. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
(a) A glass of wine
(b) His will
(c) A note
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
2. When James arrives at Fernly Park, what strange thing does Parker do?
3. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
4. Where does Mr. Poirot tell James he knew Mr. Ackroyd from?
5. Who finds a gold ring?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)