|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
(d) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
2. Why is James upset with Caroline?
(a) She is helping to incriminate Ralph.
(b) She will not speak to him.
(c) She did not cook dinner as she promised.
(d) She is not helping with the investigation.
3. John's sister's name is?
4. What item was moved at the crime scene?
(a) A cabinet
(b) A glass
(c) A table
(d) A chair
5. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
(a) Mrs. Fielding
(b) Mrs. Ferdinand
(c) Mrs. Ferguson
(d) Mrs. Folliott
6. Who comes out from behind a tree and surprises Flora?
7. Mr. Poirot lives where?
(a) The Arches
(b) The Beeches
(c) The Pines
(d) The Larches
8. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
9. To whom did Mr. Ackroyd leave 1,000 pounds in his will?
(a) Miss Russell
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
10. While James is gone, who stops in to see Caroline?
(a) Miss Russell
(b) Mr. Poirot
11. Why does the officer take the murder weapon to the billiard room?
(a) To set up the murderer
(b) To question Raymond
(c) To question James
(d) To find where it came from
12. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
(b) Miss Russell
(d) Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
13. What is the Intelligence Corps?
(a) A group of people who gossip with John's sister
(b) A military group
(c) A book discussion club
(d) A secret detective agency
14. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
(a) Growing vegetables
(c) Stamp collecting
15. How does Caroline think Mr. Ferrars died?
(a) He died in his sleep
(b) He died of heart failure
(c) Mrs. Ferrars poisoned him.
(d) He died of old age
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
2. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
3. Who owns Fernly Park?
4. Where is Ralph staying in town?
5. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)