|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
2. Caroline gives Poirot what?
(a) A list of suspicious people in the neighborhood
(b) A note she found
(c) A list of James' patients
3. Where did Caroline walk?
(a) To a neighbor's house
(b) By the seashore
(c) Through the woods
4. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
(c) Mrs. Ackroyd
5. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
(b) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(d) Don't disturb him.
6. Who introduces Blunt to Poirot?
7. Mr. Ackroyd says that Ralph is where?
(a) New York
8. Caroline feels terribly suspicious about Miss Russell for what reason that James dismisses?
(a) Miss Russell was caught in a lie.
(b) Miss Russell was seen outside the night of the murder.
(c) Miss Russell was asking about drugs and poisons.
(d) Miss Russell might own the ring that was found in an earlier chapter.
9. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
10. Mr. Poirot tells Caroline that they should find Ralph soon or what will happen?
(a) Flora will not marry Ralph.
(b) Ralph will die.
(c) It will look very bad for Ralph.
(d) The police will arrest Ralph for murder on sight.
11. What is Fernly Park?
(a) A house
(b) A park
(c) A museum
(d) A stadium
12. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a lunatic
(b) He is a retired doctor
(c) He is a retired detective
(d) He murdered a man years ago
13. According to Poirot, everyone is doing what?
(a) Arguing too much
(b) Helping with the investigation
(c) Hiding Ralph on purpose
(d) Keeping secrets
14. What does Poirot think of James' theory about Ursula?
(a) It is interesting.
(b) It is the same as Poirot's theory.
(c) It is correct.
(d) It is flawed.
15. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
(a) Mrs. Ferrars was a gambler.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars had an addiction to sleeping pills.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars planned to see someone else.
(d) Mr. Ackroyd was planning to move away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot thinks what is a crucial clue in the case?
2. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
3. Who is the last known person to see Mr. Ackroyd alive?
4. Mr. Poirot lives where?
5. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)