|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) The milkman and mailman
(b) The delivery boy and maid
(c) The maid and mailman
(d) The maid and milkman
2. Caroline and Flora both tell James that they don't think which person is guilty?
(d) Miss Russell
3. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
(a) Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd
(d) Miss Russell
4. Who comes out from behind a tree and surprises Flora?
5. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
(a) Raglan doesn't like Mr. Poirot's general attitude.
(b) Raglan suspects Mr. Poirot in the murder.
(c) Raglan thinks it is too dangerous for a civilian.
(d) Raglan wants the glory of solving the case himself.
6. After dinner, what does Mr. Ackroyd tell James about Mr. Ferrars' death?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd killed Mr. Ferrars.
(b) Mrs. Ferrars confessed to him that she murdered her husband.
(c) Mrs. Ferrars told him that Mr. Ferrars was murdered by his friend.
(d) Mr. Ferrars probably died naturally.
7. Raymond says he overheard what at 9:30?
(a) Some glass broke.
(b) Someone asked Mr. Ackroyd for money.
(c) Mr. Ackroyd screamed.
(d) Someone shot a gun.
8. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
9. Chapter 11 opens with Mr. Poirot interviewing whom?
(a) Mrs. Ferdinand
(b) Mrs. Folliott
(c) Mrs. Fielding
(d) Mrs. Ferguson
10. Where was the dagger usually kept?
(a) In a table in the drawing room
(b) In a cabinet in Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom
(c) In a box in the billiard room
(d) In a desk drawer in the library
11. Mrs. Ackroyd and Flora are from where?
12. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
(a) Nothing at all
(b) His voice
(c) His face
(d) His clothes
13. Who is Hector Blunt?
(a) An amateur writer.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A well-known doctor.
(d) A well-known hunter.
14. In Chapter One, how does Caroline think Mrs. Ferrars died?
(a) Natural causes
(c) An overdose of sleeping pills
(d) An overdose of pain medication
15. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
(a) A note
(b) A glass of wine
(d) His will
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
2. While James is gone, who stops in to see Caroline?
3. What was the unusual stranger there for?
4. According to Mr. Poirot, Mr. Ackroyd wants Ralph to marry whom?
5. In Chapter One, who has died?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)