|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Russell tell the Inspector is quitting his/her job?
(a) The cook
(c) Miss Russell herself
(d) The parlor maid
2. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
3. Why does the officer take the murder weapon to the billiard room?
(a) To question James
(b) To set up the murderer
(c) To question Raymond
(d) To find where it came from
4. What is Fernly Park?
(a) A park
(b) A museum
(c) A stadium
(d) A house
5. What is the name of the house that Mr. Ferrars left to his wife?
(a) Royal Pond
(b) Queen's Palace
(c) Fernly Park
(d) King's Paddock
6. As Chapter Thirteen opens, Poirot invites whom to dinner?
(a) Mrs. Ackroyd
7. Who is Hector Blunt?
(a) A farmer.
(b) An amateur writer.
(c) A well-known doctor.
(d) A well-known hunter.
8. John's last name is?
9. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(b) Inquiries are already being made.
(c) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
(d) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
10. Who is waiting for James when he returns from rounds?
(b) Mr. Poirot
11. How does Caroline find out about Mrs. Ferrars?
(a) The delivery boy and maid
(b) The maid and mailman
(c) The milkman and mailman
(d) The maid and milkman
12. What is missing from Mr. Ackroyd's bedroom?
(b) A note
(c) His will
(d) A glass of wine
13. John's sister's name is?
14. Before his death, what did Mr. Ackroyd tell Flora about Mr. Poirot?
(a) He is a retired detective
(b) He murdered a man years ago
(c) He is a lunatic
(d) He is a retired doctor
15. Mr. Ackroyd's wife was which of the following?
(a) A drug addict
(b) A gambler
(c) Mentally ill
(d) An alcoholic
Short Answer Questions
1. What item was moved at the crime scene?
2. Mr. Poirot is interested in what pastime?
3. Who arrives during Poirot's questioning about the stranger?
4. Whose shoes do the prints outside the window match?
5. Who does Mr. Ackroyd invite to dinner?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)