|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James and Caroline talk about their new what in Chapter Three?
2. How does Caroline think Mr. Ferrars died?
(a) He died of heart failure
(b) He died of old age
(c) He died in his sleep
(d) Mrs. Ferrars poisoned him.
3. To whom did Mr. Ackroyd leave 1,000 pounds in his will?
(c) Miss Russell
(d) Mrs. Ackroyd
4. Blunt notices something glimmering where?
(a) The bushes
(b) Up a tree
(c) The pond
(d) The path
5. Based on the initial inscribed on the ring, who might be a suspect?
(a) Anyone whose name has the initial F
(b) Anyone whose name has the initial A
(c) Anyone whose name has the initial R
(d) Anyone whose name has the initial P
6. John's last name is?
7. Even though Ralph always wanted money, who sticks up for him and says he is happy that Poirot is acting on Ralph's behalf?
8. Mrs. Ackroyd asks James to discuss what with Mr. Ackroyd?
(a) Caroline's gossiping
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's illness
(c) Ralph's will
(d) Flora's settlement
9. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Peterson
(b) Ralph Preston
(c) Ralph Prescott
(d) Ralph Paton
10. Whose fingerprints are not taken right away?
11. What is John's profession?
(b) Private investigator
12. Poirot tells James what about people?
(a) They don't always tell the truth.
(b) They are complicated.
(c) They are always honest.
(d) They like to help each other.
13. What item was moved at the crime scene?
(a) A cabinet
(b) A table
(c) A glass
(d) A chair
14. Mr. Poirot lives where?
(a) The Pines
(b) The Beeches
(c) The Arches
(d) The Larches
15. Someone at the Three Boars Inn said the stranger had what sort of accent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
2. Who does Poirot ask to help him question Blunt?
3. Why doesn't Inspector Raglan want Mr. Poirot to work on the case?
4. Where was the dagger usually kept?
5. While James is gone, who stops in to see Caroline?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)