|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is James told about inquiries at the train station?
(a) Inquiries are already being made.
(b) The station was not busy that night, so they expect inquiries to be successful.
(c) The station was busy that night, so inquiries may be unsuccessful.
(d) There are no plans to make any inquiries.
2. Mrs. Ackroyd's son's name from a previous marriage is?
(a) Ralph Prescott
(b) Ralph Peterson
(c) Ralph Preston
(d) Ralph Paton
3. Who is Mrs. Cecil Ackroyd?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd's daughter
(b) Mr. Ackroyd's sister-in-law
(c) Mr. Ackroyd's sister
(d) Mr. Ackroyd's wife
4. Mr. Poirot lives where?
(a) The Arches
(b) The Beeches
(c) The Pines
(d) The Larches
5. What does Flora tell Parker when she sees him walking to Mr. Ackroyd's room with drinks?
(a) Mr. Ackroyd said he wasn't thirsty.
(b) Mr. Ackroyd is not in his room.
(c) She will take the drinks to him herself.
(d) Don't disturb him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Gannet tell James that Mrs. Ferrars and Mr. Ackroyd broke off their engagement?
2. How has Mr. Ackroyd been killed?
3. Who is the last known person to see Mr. Ackroyd alive?
4. What does James tell Officer Davis that was familiar about the mysterious man he saw the night of the murder?
5. Whose fingerprints are not taken right away?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)