Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Dr. James Sheppard returns home from the Ferrars residence.
* Mrs. Ferrars has just died.
* James' sister, Caroline, is curious about what happened.
* Caroline is the town gossip, and James feels that the townspeople are her Intelligence Corp.
* James is reluctant to tell Caroline anything...
This section contains 3,988 words|
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)