|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alec say when Regan straightens his tie?
2. What does the witness say about the car accident that Walker was involved in?
3. What direction does Alec give Regan when she needs to move around the room at the hospital charity event?
4. When Alec hears the gunshots in the park, which way does he run?
5. During the argument with her brothers, Regan is angry when she discovers that her brothers want to pay Emerson a settlement. Regan says Emerson cheated on their mother. What do the brothers tell Regan about their mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end, the reader is clear as to why Eric Gage wanted to kill Regan, but will Regan ever be sure? Will she ever know the complete story? Why or why not?
2. When it is revealed for the first time who the "beast" is, and how does that change the story?
3. When Peter Morris calls Regan on the phone from the bar, he tells Regan about the role Emily played in everything that has happened. What information does he reveal? What leads the police to believe Morris is the killer?
4. After their evening of romance, Alec leaves. What does Regan realize when Alec leaves?
5. When Regan stops to tie her shoe and spots the killer in the park, he yells at her to run. Why does he do this?
6. It is discovered that Eric Gage set up Peter Morris. How does Gage do it? What information does he have to find Peter Morris?
7. As Nina watches the news bulletin on TV she sees the body of Eric being loaded into the ambulance, but is unmoved. What is Nina waiting to hear or see, and why?
8. After Regan and her brothers argue in Spencer's office there is an air of joking or kidding around afterward. What breaks the ice? Will it continue?
9. According to Morris when talking to Regan from the bar, who put the pictures of Sweeney on Aiden's desk? What does this tell us about Emily? How is Emily involved?
10. Although Alec is running through the park to save Regan, Regan actually ends up saving Alec. How does this unusual twist affect the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the role of Gil for Alec and the role of Henry for Regan. What do the characters of Gil and Henry add to the story? How are these people regarded by Regan and Alec?
Essay Topic 2
Alec and Regan both have their weaknesses. Alec is afraid of being involved. He likes his life uncomplicated. Regan has fear of intimacy. Discuss Regan and Alec's childhoods. How are they different? The same? How is that affecting their issues with intimacy and involvement? Or does it play a role at all?
Essay Topic 3
The three murder lists sent over the fax machine and by mail were "Murder List", "Our Murder List", and "My Murder List." Why does the killer change the title of each list? How is each list changed? How does it lead to the next clue?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)