|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Alec talks to Wincott at the police station, what does his boss, Lewis, assign Alec to do for the next three weeks?
2. What happens on Sophie's date with Dr. Shields?
3. Who creates the paintings that are sold at the charity event?
4. Why doesn't Regan run at the outdoor trail anymore?
5. When the girls get to the reception with Dr. Shields, what does Sophie have hidden in her purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the killer's life at home like?
2. When the workers find the toe sticking out of the ground near the running trail, what do they know about the victim just by looking at the toe? Consider the location. What else could the workers surmise from their findings?
3. As Regan prepares for the hospital charity event in Chapter 29, what is the significance of Regan's computer still being on?
4. When Regan's knee gives out, what happens in the mind of the killer?
5. Regan is treated rudely by a sales clerk in a store. What is her reaction?
6. In Chapter 19, Wincott tells Alec that Sweeney kept a diary. What does the diary say? Why is this information important? Does any of this connect to Regan? Why or why not?
7. Why does Alec not want to be Regan's bodyguard for three weeks?
8. Why is Sweeney being investigated by the Internal Affairs department?
9. Why is Henry Portman, Regan's assistant, so concerned with Peter Morris?
10. In Chapter 27 at the party for the high school artists, who do you think is the uninvited guest and what does he want with Regan? It could be several people. Give your answer and explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism of the running trail at the park and the connection to this place throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
The uniformed cop who botched the drug sting in the beginning of the story is a character throughout the book. Why does the author add this character? What does this character help define in Alec?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Shields asked the participants of his program to write down a "murder list." Cordie, Sophie, and Regan all wrote different things. What does each girl write and how are they different? Why does Regan feel like a fool when she realizes she is the only one to use real names? Do you think other people in the room used real names?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)