|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the photo on Regan's email originate from?
2. Why is the uniform cop talking to the twins at the drug bust?
3. What is inside the blue folder?
4. Who calls Detective Lewis and clues him in to Regan's wealth?
5. Alec arrives at the hotel with his new assignment from Lt. Lewis regarding Regan. What is Regan worried about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the picture found on Regan's computer scare her enough to call the police? Does she, at any time, think it is a fake? Why or why not?
2. Why does Alec not want to be Regan's bodyguard for three weeks?
3. As Regan prepares for the hospital charity event in Chapter 29, what is the significance of Regan's computer still being on?
4. When Regan and the girls attend the seminar by Dr. Shields, Regan believes there is a "plant." Who is it?
5. In Chapter 18, Regan recalls the events of the evening after the seminar and the man chasing her in the garage for Alec. After the man chased Regan in the garage, Regan looked at his face. Regan watched his expression change. What is the man's expression, how does it change, and what does it mean? What does the reader know that Regan doesn't know about this man's personal life? How does this information connect to Regan falling down?
6. What does the sketch artist think about the image of the killer?
7. Why is Henry Portman, Regan's assistant, so concerned with Peter Morris?
8. Sophie tells the other women that Dr. Shields left the island. Why are Sophie and Cordie going to stay after he already left?
9. What is the killer's life at home like?
10. In Chapter 27 at the party for the high school artists, who do you think is the uninvited guest and what does he want with Regan? It could be several people. Give your answer and explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Dr. Shields. What is his job? What does Sophie think he does? Does it prove to be right? Why is Dr. Shields put into protective custody? Compare Sophie's theory at the beginning of the novel with what the real story was at the end. How close is she? What do the Cayman Islands have to do with Dr. Shields' cover up?
Essay Topic 2
When Regan discovers that Aiden towed her car and replaced it with a BMW, she is livid. But Aiden makes some good points about the old car vs. the new car. What are they? Do they make sense? Should Regan have been driving a newer car? How would the attack in the garage have been different if Regan had a newer car? Are Aiden's actions overprotective or just protective? Why do you think this?
Essay Topic 3
The character of Walker only appears in the Prologue of the novel, and yet plays such an important role in the mystery. Describe Walker and discuss how his actions led to the killer pursuing Regan. The killer and his wife are warped by the car accident. How do they snap and what are signs at the accident that indicate that there will be later revenge?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)