|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Regan concerned that Lewis will take policemen off her case?
(a) There seems to be no danger anymore.
(b) Regan thinks Lewis does not like her.
(c) With Sweeney dead, Lewis is worried about his own safety.
(d) Regan thinks the case is dragging on too long.
2. Who is driving the car with the Gages in it when the car accident happens?
(b) Nina Gage.
(c) A patrolman.
(d) Eric Gage.
3. When Sophie publishes her article about Shields, what happens?
(a) Sophie finally got a date with Shields.
(b) Women come out of the woodwork claiming that Shields had swindled them.
(c) Sophie got offered a new job at another newspaper.
(d) Sophie won a pulitzer prize.
4. What does Regan say before she kisses Alec?
(a) Don't sue me.
(b) Don't tell my brothers.
(c) Don't tell Wincott.
(d) Don't let anyone know.
5. In the end, will there be a trial?
(a) No, as both parties are dead.
(b) Yes, as Eric survived.
(c) Yes, as Eric and Nina Gage survived.
(d) Yes, as Nina survived.
Short Answer Questions
1. The killer fires two shots from a gun and misses Regan. What does the third bullet do?
2. At the end of the novel, who is taking over Regan's job?
3. Alec looks past Regan into the bedroom. What does he see?
4. When Alec sees the picture of Haley Cross, what does he realize?
5. Who is right behind Alec when he gets to the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the killer want to prolong Regan's death? Why does he want her to suffer?
2. What happens to Sophie when she publishes her article about Dr. Shields? How is she rewarded? What in her life changes? Is there more to the story of Dr. Shields?
3. After Morris is caught, Gil, Alec's old partner, is still snooping around. What does he discover that could mean that the police have arrested the wrong man?
4. After making love in Chapter 35, Alec gets up to go to the bathroom. What does Regan think and why? How does this reaction play into Regan and her family dynamics?
5. Although Alec is running through the park to save Regan, Regan actually ends up saving Alec. How does this unusual twist affect the story?
6. When Regan stops to tie her shoe and spots the killer in the park, he yells at her to run. Why does he do this?
7. When Peter Morris calls Regan on the phone from the bar, he tells Regan about the role Emily played in everything that has happened. What information does he reveal? What leads the police to believe Morris is the killer?
8. At the end of the novel, what is the final event that shows how much Regan is loved by her brother Aiden?
9. When the killer is chasing Regan through the park, he hears someone calling her name and he realizes that he is running out of time and won't be able to tell Regan why he is killing her. Why does he want to tell her that?
10. At the hospital fundraiser, Alec makes the connection and figures out who Sophie Rose's father is. Who is Sophie's father and why does this relationship make Alec uncomfortable?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)