|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alec sees the picture of Haley Cross, what does he realize?
(a) Haley looks nothing like Regan, so there can't be a connection.
(b) She is holding Regan's cell phone.
(c) Haley is holding a copy of the "murder list."
(d) The killer made a mistake - he meant to kill Regan because Haley looks like Regan.
2. Before the race, what does Regan reveal about her feelings for Alec?
(a) That she is glad he is leaving for Boston.
(b) That she is glad the entire ordeal is over and she never has to see him again.
(c) That she will not miss him when he moves.
(d) That she loves him.
3. When Spencer calls Regan to his office and Aiden is also there, where do the brothers want Regan to go to stay safe for a while?
(a) New York.
(b) Melbourne, Australia.
4. What does Alec think the country club looks like?
(a) An overdone southern plantation.
(b) A southern river boat.
(c) An airport.
(d) One of Regan's hotels.
5. How does the reader know that the police did not catch the real killer?
(a) The alleged killer is too stupid to be a killer.
(b) The alleged killer is drunk.
(c) The police describe a run-down rented house and the killer lives in a well-kept house with his wife.
(d) The alleged killer does not confess.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aiden comes into Regan's office after they received the fax of Haley Cross, what does Regan take the opportunity to do?
2. Once at the ravine, the killer is trying to find Regan, but can't. Who bursts through the trees coming at the killer?
3. When the killer is looking for Regan in the ravine, he hears someone approaching. What does the killer do?
4. When Henry finds the letter from the killer, what is the letter written on?
5. Who is driving the car with the Gages in it when the car accident happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34 when Alec and Regan return to Regan's hotel suite, it is clear that things are heating up between them. When Alec says the relationship is a mess, why is Regan hurt?
2. When Alec and Regan are flying to Boston for Regan to meet Alec's family, why does she tell him about her first day at kindergarten and the bully and the barrettes?
3. After their evening of romance, Alec leaves. What does Regan realize when Alec leaves?
4. At he hospital fundraiser, how do Cordie and Sophie intercept and keep the peace with Regan and her brothers? Do you think it is something they do all the time?
5. In the end, the reader is clear as to why Eric Gage wanted to kill Regan, but will Regan ever be sure? Will she ever know the complete story? Why or why not?
6. Although Alec is running through the park to save Regan, Regan actually ends up saving Alec. How does this unusual twist affect the story?
7. When Alec hears the gunshots in the park he runs in the direction of the noise. Why does Wincott want him to stop?
8. Why is Regan worried about making the first move with Alec?
9. When Peter Morris calls Regan on the phone from the bar, he tells Regan about the role Emily played in everything that has happened. What information does he reveal? What leads the police to believe Morris is the killer?
10. At the hospital fundraiser, Alec makes the connection and figures out who Sophie Rose's father is. Who is Sophie's father and why does this relationship make Alec uncomfortable?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)