|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Regan and Alec return to the hotel from the hospital charity event, Regan reveals to Alec what her brothers wanted to talk to her about. What is it?
(a) The brothers want Regan to move to Italy for a while.
(b) The brothers want to offer Emerson a "go away" settlement.
(c) The brothers want Regan to get them out of these charity events.
(d) The brothers want Regan to cut her budget for next year.
2. Before the race, what does Regan reveal about her feelings for Alec?
(a) That she is glad he is leaving for Boston.
(b) That she is glad the entire ordeal is over and she never has to see him again.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she will not miss him when he moves.
3. After everything is over and Regan is safely back at the hotel, what does Wincott say will happen to Peter Morris?
(a) He will do some community service.
(b) All charges will be dropped and he will go home.
(c) Nothing. He didn't murder anyone, so he is free to go.
(d) He will go to prison for embezzlement.
4. Who is driving the car with the Gages in it when the car accident happens?
(a) Eric Gage.
(b) A patrolman.
(c) Nina Gage.
5. On the plane, what story does Regan tell Alec about her childhood?
(a) The kindergarten story about the bully and the barrettes.
(b) The story about how her father died young.
(c) The story about how her mother was never around.
(d) The kindergarten story about how she ran home to her brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police find on Eric Gage's kitchen table?
2. When the killer aims at Alec, what does Regan do to save him?
3. Who does Nina Gage see on TV that upsets her?
4. What information does Gil have for Alec about Regan's brother, Walker?
5. At the end of the novel, who does Regan hire to work at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. When it is revealed for the first time who the "beast" is, and how does that change the story?
2. When Alec hears the gunshots in the park he runs in the direction of the noise. Why does Wincott want him to stop?
3. What happens to Sophie when she publishes her article about Dr. Shields? How is she rewarded? What in her life changes? Is there more to the story of Dr. Shields?
4. Why is Regan worried about making the first move with Alec?
5. According to Morris when talking to Regan from the bar, who put the pictures of Sweeney on Aiden's desk? What does this tell us about Emily? How is Emily involved?
6. In Chapter 34 when Alec and Regan return to Regan's hotel suite, it is clear that things are heating up between them. When Alec says the relationship is a mess, why is Regan hurt?
7. When Regan stops to tie her shoe and spots the killer in the park, he yells at her to run. Why does he do this?
8. After everyone returns to the hotel after the attack at the park, Alec keeps trying to hold Regan's hand and put his arm around her shoulder. Regan keeps moving away from Alec. Why? What are these two people thinking?
9. Alec is trying to get to Regan before the killer does. But, Alec has two reasons he needs to save Regan. What are they?
10. As Nina watches the news bulletin on TV she sees the body of Eric being loaded into the ambulance, but is unmoved. What is Nina waiting to hear or see, and why?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)