|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aiden tell Regan to do about the bully?
(a) Aiden tells Regan to stand up to the bully.
(b) Aiden tells Regan he will go to the school with her tomorrow and talk to the teacher.
(c) Aiden tells Regan to get the teacher.
(d) Aiden tells Regan to start crying.
2. When Regan is re-telling the story to Alec about the man chasing her in the garage, what does she suddenly realize?
(a) That she realized the man chasing her was Dr. Shields.
(b) That she realized she overpaid for the convention.
(c) That she hasn't used her cell phone since that evening.
(d) That she recognized the man who was chasing her.
3. When Regan gets bored during the reception for Dr. Shields, what does she do?
(a) Steps out and talks to the receptionist.
(b) Watches Shields' body guards.
(c) Makes a to-do list.
(d) Talks on her cell phone.
4. What does Regan tell Alec that she saw the day she came to the police station to talk to Sweeney?
(a) Regan saw Lewis' mistress.
(b) Regan saw the argument between Alec and Lewis.
(c) Regan saw her attorney in Lewis' office.
(d) Regan saw her brother in Lewis' office.
5. What are Regan's plans for Henry when he graduates?
(a) To take over Emily's job.
(b) To take over Walker's job.
(c) To take over her job.
(d) To become general manager of the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Alec talks to Wincott at the police station, what does his boss, Lewis, assign Alec to do for the next three weeks?
2. When Alec and Regan begin spending evenings together in her suite, what do they do?
3. Why is Peter Morris calling Regan's assistant every day?
4. When Cordie finally calls Regan, what news does she have?
5. How does Henry get his job working for Regan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sophie really want to get involved with the Mary Coolidge case?
2. In Chapter 19, Wincott tells Alec that Sweeney kept a diary. What does the diary say? Why is this information important? Does any of this connect to Regan? Why or why not?
3. In Chapter 2, why is Sophie's mention of Regan's picture in the paper important to the story?
4. What is the significance of Aiden buying Regan a BMW?
5. Regan is treated rudely by a sales clerk in a store. What is her reaction?
6. Sophie tells the other women that Dr. Shields left the island. Why are Sophie and Cordie going to stay after he already left?
7. When the workers find the toe sticking out of the ground near the running trail, what do they know about the victim just by looking at the toe? Consider the location. What else could the workers surmise from their findings?
8. Why is Henry Portman, Regan's assistant, so concerned with Peter Morris?
9. When Regan and the girls attend the seminar by Dr. Shields, Regan believes there is a "plant." Who is it?
10. What is the killer's life at home like?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)