|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Murdock Hotel?
(a) The hotel that Dr. Shields brings all his women to in the Cayman Islands.
(b) The name of Regan's home.
(c) The name of the new hotel in Paris that Spencer is working on.
(d) The name of the hotel in Melbourne.
2. How does Sophie get Mary Coolidge's diary?
(a) Sophie took the diary out of the trash can.
(b) Mary Coolidge gave Sophie her diary before she died.
(c) Another newspaper reporter gave the diary to Sophie.
(d) Sophie knew Mary Coolidge's daughter.
3. Who creates the paintings that are sold at the charity event?
(b) The killer.
(c) Henry's friend, Kevin.
(d) 14 and 15-year-old students.
4. What do Regan, Sophie, and Cordie finally end up doing after Regan is accosted in the parking garage?
(a) The police come to the convention center and take Regan's statement.
(b) They go to dinner.
(c) They go to the police station.
(d) They get security at the convention center.
5. What is on the table when the killer awakens in the morning?
(a) A newspaper from tomorrow.
(b) A newspaper torn to pieces.
(c) A newspaper clipping of his victim.
(d) A newspaper cut into many pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alec arrives at the hotel with his new assignment from Lt. Lewis regarding Regan. What is Regan worried about?
2. Who calls Detective Lewis and clues him in to Regan's wealth?
3. Where does Regan live?
4. Who is in Lewis' office when Regan and Alec get there?
5. The killer knows that Regan and her friends are going to the Liam House Conference Center. How does the killer know where Regan and her friends are going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the picture found on Regan's computer scare her enough to call the police? Does she, at any time, think it is a fake? Why or why not?
2. Describe what each girl (Regan, Sophie, and Cordie) wrote on their "murder lists." What does this tell the reader? What danger is Regan in over this list?
3. As Regan prepares for the hospital charity event in Chapter 29, what is the significance of Regan's computer still being on?
4. What does the killer do when he returns home from murdering the runner in the park?
5. Why does Sophie really want to get involved with the Mary Coolidge case?
6. When the killer arrives home after chasing Regan in the garage, he feels that he has failed, but knows that the "beast" would never let him get caught. Discuss the "beast" as if it were a separate character, as the killer believes. What powers does the "beast" have over the killer?
7. In Chapter 18, Regan recalls the events of the evening after the seminar and the man chasing her in the garage for Alec. After the man chased Regan in the garage, Regan looked at his face. Regan watched his expression change. What is the man's expression, how does it change, and what does it mean? What does the reader know that Regan doesn't know about this man's personal life? How does this information connect to Regan falling down?
8. When Regan's knee gives out, what happens in the mind of the killer?
9. What is the significance of Aiden buying Regan a BMW?
10. In Chapter 23, Regan reveals that she omitted a person from her murder list because she was distracted. Who does Regan NOT put on her murder list?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)