|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end, how does Alec feel about Regan?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He hopes she visits him in Boston.
(c) He's ready to move on.
(d) He hopes to see her again sometime.
2. When the killer is chasing Regan in the park and he thinks she is down in the ravine, where is Regan hiding?
(a) In the ravine.
(b) Behind a large tree.
(c) In a tree above the killer.
(d) In the bushes.
3. What does Nina Gage do at the end of Chapter 51?
(a) She shot a policeman.
(b) She killed herself with the gun.
(c) She had a heart attack.
(d) She answered the door and let the police in.
4. When the killer is chasing Regan in the park, what does he hear in the distance?
(a) Other people talking.
(b) Someone calling her name.
(d) A gunshot.
5. How does Regan get to sleep after Alec leaves her bedroom?
(a) She cries herself to sleep.
(b) She takes a sleeping pill.
(c) She reads until she falls asleep.
(d) She drinks a glass of warm milk.
6. What does the witness say about the car accident that Walker was involved in?
(a) That Gage was swerving on the road.
(b) That Walter caused the accident.
(c) That the truck sped up and wouldn't let Gage pass.
(d) That the truck driver slowed down to let Gage pass.
7. If Regan agrees to sign the "go away" settlement for her stepfather, Emerson, what will Aiden and Spencer do in return for Regan?
(a) Double her budget for next year.
(b) Double her pay for next year.
(c) Buy some of the art that the high school artists created.
(d) Let her expand her programs to 5 other hotels.
8. On the plane, what story does Regan tell Alec about her childhood?
(a) The story about how her mother was never around.
(b) The story about how her father died young.
(c) The kindergarten story about the bully and the barrettes.
(d) The kindergarten story about how she ran home to her brothers.
9. Who is Emerson, Regan's stepfather, with at the hospital charity event?
(a) Regan's mother.
(b) His own security detail.
(d) His young wife.
10. What happens to Nina Gage's legs in the car accident?
(a) She lost one leg.
(b) They were crushed.
(c) Her legs were fine.
(d) They were broken.
11. Why does Eric Gage leave the gun for his wife?
(a) So she could kill herself if the mission failed.
(b) So she could target shoot.
(c) So she could defend herself.
(d) So she wouldn't be scared.
12. After Alec insults Regan she moves to the bedroom door. What does Regan plan to do?
(a) Go to bed early by herself and watch a movie.
(b) Find another man tomorrow.
(c) Say goodnight and close the door.
(d) Convice him to come into the bedroom.
13. When Alec hears the gunshots in the park, which way does he run?
(a) Toward the ravine.
(b) Toward the gunshots.
(c) Toward the starting area.
(d) Toward Cordie and Sophie.
14. What does Eric Gage put into his pants pocket?
(a) His fake beard and glasses.
(b) A gun.
(c) A picture of Regan.
(d) The keys to his car.
15. Who is driving the car with the Gages in it when the car accident happens?
(a) Nina Gage.
(b) A patrolman.
(d) Eric Gage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the shoebox that the police find at the alleged killer's house?
2. In the park, where does Regan run to in order to keep away from the killer?
3. After everything is over and Regan is safely back at the hotel, what does Wincott say will happen to Peter Morris?
4. What happens to the killer in the end?
5. Why does Aiden think Regan would be safer with a new car?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)