|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alec arrives at the park, what is the first thing he hears?
(b) Regan screaming.
(c) Cordie screaming.
(d) The police sirens.
2. When the killer can't find Regan in the park, why is he panicked? What does he want to tell Regan?
(a) That she looks like his wife.
(b) That he is angry because she is rich.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) Why he is killing her.
3. How does the reader know that the police did not catch the real killer?
(a) The police describe a run-down rented house and the killer lives in a well-kept house with his wife.
(b) The alleged killer does not confess.
(c) The alleged killer is drunk.
(d) The alleged killer is too stupid to be a killer.
4. At the hospital charity event, Sophie scolds Aiden about something. What is it?
(a) He is not a good dancer.
(b) That it was disloyal to invite his stepfather.
(c) The BMW was a bad idea.
(d) To fire Emily.
5. Regan realizes she's in love with Alec. When does she first realize it?
(a) When he ran into her on the street, smelling of sewage.
(b) The evening he talked to Kevin about his deadbeat mother.
(c) When they were in the coffee room at the police station.
(d) The first time she saw him at the police station.
6. When Alec hears the gunshots in the park, who pleads with him not to go?
7. At the park after everything is over and Regan is safe, what is she most concerned about?
(a) Regan is upset because Cordie is hurt.
(b) Regan is upset that so many people were bothered.
(c) Regan is upset because Alec was nearly killed.
(d) Regan is upset because she didn't finish the race.
8. When the killer thinks Regan is in the ravine, what does he do to scare her out of hiding?
(a) Fires a gun into the air.
(b) Fires a gun down into the ravine.
(c) Tells Regan he's the police.
(d) Yells her name.
9. The killer fires two shots from a gun and misses Regan. What does the third bullet do?
(a) It hits some rocks in the ravine.
(b) It grazes her thigh.
(c) It hits the tree.
(d) It hits Regan in the arm.
10. Once at the ravine, the killer is trying to find Regan, but can't. Who bursts through the trees coming at the killer?
11. What does Eric Gage do every week as a cleaning chore at home?
(a) He cleans the kitchen.
(b) He mows the grass.
(c) He works on his deck.
(d) He cleans his garage.
12. If Regan agrees to sign the "go away" settlement for her stepfather, Emerson, what will Aiden and Spencer do in return for Regan?
(a) Double her budget for next year.
(b) Let her expand her programs to 5 other hotels.
(c) Double her pay for next year.
(d) Buy some of the art that the high school artists created.
13. What new jewelry is Regan sporting at the end of the book?
(a) A set of pearl earrings.
(b) A wedding band.
(c) A new necklace.
(d) An engagement ring.
14. When Spencer calls Regan to his office and Aiden is also there, where do the brothers want Regan to go to stay safe for a while?
(c) New York.
(d) Melbourne, Australia.
15. What does Alec say when Regan straightens his tie?
(a) He says he likes her touching him.
(b) He says he needs to comb his hair.
(c) He says it isn't crooked.
(d) He says she's beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the race, what does Regan reveal about her feelings for Alec?
2. Why is Alec having trouble concentrating on driving the car to the hospital charity event?
3. Why are Regan, Sophie, and Cordie at the park where Haley Cross was murdered?
4. During the argument with her brothers, Regan is angry when she discovers that her brothers want to pay Emerson a settlement. Regan says Emerson cheated on their mother. What do the brothers tell Regan about their mother?
5. What happens to the killer in the end?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)