|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Spencer calls Regan to his office and Aiden is also there, where do the brothers want Regan to go to stay safe for a while?
(c) Melbourne, Australia.
(d) New York.
2. On the plane, what story does Regan tell Alec about her childhood?
(a) The kindergarten story about how she ran home to her brothers.
(b) The story about how her father died young.
(c) The kindergarten story about the bully and the barrettes.
(d) The story about how her mother was never around.
3. In the park, where does Regan run to in order to keep away from the killer?
(a) She runs to the starting area.
(b) She runs to find Sophie.
(c) She runs to the custard shop.
(d) She runs back to the ravine.
4. What do Alec and Regan agree on before Alec leaves the hotel after their romantic evening?
(a) That they'll never make love again.
(b) That the next day, they'll act like nothing happened.
(c) That they'll tell Henry together about their relationship.
(d) That Alec will tell Aiden about his feelings for Regan.
5. Why is Regan concerned that Lewis will take policemen off her case?
(a) Regan thinks Lewis does not like her.
(b) There seems to be no danger anymore.
(c) With Sweeney dead, Lewis is worried about his own safety.
(d) Regan thinks the case is dragging on too long.
6. Why does Eric Gage leave the gun for his wife?
(a) So she wouldn't be scared.
(b) So she could defend herself.
(c) So she could target shoot.
(d) So she could kill herself if the mission failed.
7. What information does Gil have for Alec about Regan's brother, Walker?
(a) Walker is in town but nobody knows.
(b) Walker is a heavy drinker.
(c) Walker has been married three times.
(d) Walker has had some car accidents.
8. What does Alec say when Regan straightens his tie?
(a) He says he needs to comb his hair.
(b) He says she's beautiful.
(c) He says it isn't crooked.
(d) He says he likes her touching him.
9. Before the race, what does Regan reveal about her feelings for Alec?
(a) That she is glad he is leaving for Boston.
(b) That she will not miss him when he moves.
(c) That she is glad the entire ordeal is over and she never has to see him again.
(d) That she loves him.
10. When the killer thinks Regan is in the ravine, what does he do to scare her out of hiding?
(a) Yells her name.
(b) Fires a gun down into the ravine.
(c) Tells Regan he's the police.
(d) Fires a gun into the air.
11. When the killer is chasing Regan in the park and he thinks she is down in the ravine, where is Regan hiding?
(a) In the bushes.
(b) In the ravine.
(c) In a tree above the killer.
(d) Behind a large tree.
12. What do the police find on Eric Gage's kitchen table?
(a) The shoebox with Haley Cross' driver's license.
(b) The newspaper picture of Regan and her brothers.
(c) Regan's blue folder and cell phone.
(d) The gun.
13. Who is Alec giving his furniture to?
14. What does Regan say before she kisses Alec?
(a) Don't let anyone know.
(b) Don't tell my brothers.
(c) Don't sue me.
(d) Don't tell Wincott.
15. How does Regan get to sleep after Alec leaves her bedroom?
(a) She reads until she falls asleep.
(b) She drinks a glass of warm milk.
(c) She cries herself to sleep.
(d) She takes a sleeping pill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Regan picks up the phone on Henry's desk, who is on the line?
2. At the end of the novel, where is Regan moving?
3. When Alec arrives at the park, what is the first thing he hears?
4. What is inside the shoebox that the police find at the alleged killer's house?
5. When the killer is chasing Regan in the park, what does he hear in the distance?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)