|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is depicted on the pendant Hinkle Von Vampton wears in the photo in the New York Sun?
(a) A snake winding around the base of a tree.
(b) A horse with wings.
(c) A king on a throne.
(d) Two knights on one horse.
2. How did Pharaoh try to restore order?
(a) With a different concert.
(b) By announcing a meeting of councilors.
(c) With threats of punishment.
(d) With promises of gifts.
3. How many of the Knights Templar were slain in 1307?
4. Where is Abdul Hamid’s translated manuscript?
(a) In the Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral.
(b) Lost in the mail.
(c) With a publisher.
(d) In Abdul Hamid’s mother’s apartment.
5. What does Ishmael Reed compare Earline to in Chapter 40?
(a) An ant.
(b) A goddness.
(c) A snake.
(d) A mermaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle did Osiris perform?
2. What does Reed say happened to the Knights Templar when Hugues de Payens read the Book?
3. What remedy did the church have for underground worshippers of Osiris?
4. WhenPaPaLaBas and T Malice encounter the bum outside the Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral, what does the bum say made him so ragged?
5. What does Hinkle Von Vampton say Brown has avoided doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Battraville reveal to PaPaLaBas?
2. What was the meaning of Abdul Hamid’s epigram?
3. Why does Benoit Battraville say that the Americans are the ones to ask about the Jes Grew?
4. What does Abdul Hamid’s letter to PaPaLaBas say about the Book?
5. What does Battraville say haunts White culture?
6. What does Battraville say is the difference between VooDoo in America and VooDoo in Haiti?
7. Who is gathered at the Irvington-on-Hudson party?
8. What does Isis want from Moses?
9. Describe the pendant that Hinkle Von Vampton wears around his neck.
10. What happens when the box with the Book is brought into the party?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)