|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Berbelang shot?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the guts.
(c) In the throat.
(d) In the face.
2. What is depicted on the pendant Hinkle Von Vampton wears in the photo in the New York Sun?
(a) A king on a throne.
(b) Two knights on one horse.
(c) A snake winding around the base of a tree.
(d) A horse with wings.
3. What does Reed say the Book gave to Hugues de Payens?
(a) All the old dance moves.
(b) The worst of itself.
(c) The sacred spirit.
(d) Recipes for virtue.
4. What brainstorm does Hinkle Von Vampton have about the Talking Android?
(a) He will become the Talking Android himself.
(b) He will brainwash PaPaLaBas.
(c) He will put Safecracker Gould in blackface.
(d) He will keep the identity of the Talking Android secret.
5. How long does Black Herman’s treatment of Earline last?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A day.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Knights Templars do to raise their standing?
2. What is the Spiraling Agony?
3. What was Set known for, in PaPaLaBas’ story?
4. What happened when Moses played the music he learned at the Temple?
5. What is the “Loa that Jes Grew here in America among our people” (p. 128)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Battraville say haunts White culture?
2. Describe the scene of PaPaLaBas and Black Herman’s arrival at the party.
3. Describe Woodrow Wilson Jefferson’s departure for home.
4. What does Battraville reveal to PaPaLaBas?
5. What does Abdul Hamid’s letter to PaPaLaBas say about the Book?
6. What solution does Mr. Mellon propose for containing the Jes Grew?
7. What does PaPaLaBas say is the future of the Jes Grew?
8. What request does Earline make to PaPaLaBas?
9. What caused 50,000 Templars to be murdered in 1307?
10. What does Battraville say is the difference between VooDoo in America and VooDoo in Haiti?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)