|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are labanotations?
(a) Hieroglyphics from ancient Africa.
(b) Notations to record the inflections of spoken language.
(c) A system for recording gestures in dance.
(d) Detectives’ notes about suspects’ movements.
2. When were the Knights Templar founded?
(a) 981 A.D.
(b) 504 B.C.
(c) 1118 A.D.
(d) 421 A.D.
3. Who is the anti-Jes Grew president?
(a) Warren Harding.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Grover Cleveland.
(d) Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
4. Where does the Mayor go to at the beginning of the book?
(a) The police station.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) His office.
(d) The bar.
5. Where are the Mu’tafikah sending their loot?
(a) To South America.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To Asia.
(d) To Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Woodrow Wilson Jefferson going, in Chapter 11?
2. What would happen if the guarded ‘booty’ got into the ‘wrong hands’?
3. When Earline starts to discuss the Jes Grew, what does Berbelang do to interrupt her?
4. Who does James Weldon Johnson say the Jes Grew belongs to?
5. What does Reed say Africans have fallen in love with, in North America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reed say the Jes Grew is seeking?
2. What is the Mu’tafikah’s plan?
3. What accusation does Yellow Jack make to Berbelang?
4. Why is Thor distrusted?
5. What affliction is PaPaLaBas trying to relieve the blacks of in North America?
6. Describe the confrontation between Buddy Jackson and Schlitz.
7. How is Mumbo Jumbo different from most novels?
8. Under what conditions does Hinkle Von Vampton agree to stamp out the Jes Grew?
9. Describe the interview between Hinkle Von Vampton and Abdul Hamid.
10. Why does Woodrow Wilson Jefferson leave for New York?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)