|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hinkle Von Vampton and Safecracker Gould look for the anthology that contains the Jes Grew?
(d) Abdul Hamid.
2. What metaphor does Ishmael Reed use for the Mu’tafikah’s seizure of artifacts?
3. What image does Berbelang use to symbolize the gods Shango, Shiva and Quetzalcoatl?
(a) An angry snake.
(b) A proud cock.
(c) A bitter stream.
(d) A ruthless eagle.
4. What is the Mu’tafikahs’ plan in returning the gods?
(a) To undermine white people’s power.
(b) To create a global revolution.
(c) To arouse the spirits.
(d) To put things back in their proper places.
5. What does Hinkle Von Vampton ask Biff Musclewhite to do for him?
(a) Remove a corpse.
(b) Open a safe.
(c) Find the anthology.
(d) Cure the Jes Grew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Earline say Berbelang left the Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral?
2. Where does the Mayor go to at the beginning of the book?
3. Who is the anti-Jes Grew president?
4. Where are the Mu’tafikah sending their loot?
5. How does Reed characterize Berbelang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mumbo Jumbo’s relationship with history?
2. What is the Mu’tafikah’s plan?
3. How does Woodrow Wilson Jefferson end up being hired by the Benign Monster?
4. What is Hinkle Von Vampton’s strategy for eliminating the Jes Grew?
5. What is the status of The Text?
6. What is the significance of the siege in Haiti?
7. Describe the cover of the first issue of the Benign Monster.
8. What affliction is PaPaLaBas trying to relieve the blacks of in North America?
9. Describe Buddy Jackson’s cabaret.
10. Describe the trolley car driver’s strange experience on account of the black freighter.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)