|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What note does Mumbo Jumbo end on?
(a) Children will not grow up until they can intuit their parents’ secrets.
(b) Secret knowledge should be kept from the masses.
(c) Elders should teach their lessons to their children.
(d) The black race will overtake American culture with jazz.
2. Why does Abdul Hamid say he burned the Book of Thoth?
(a) It was racist.
(b) He had captured its essence.
(c) It was too lewd.
(d) It was incomprehensible.
3. Who objects to the arrest of Hinkle Von Vampton?
(a) Hierophant 1.
(b) The black painter.
(c) The Lebanese dancer.
(d) The Guianese art critic.
4. What does PaPaLaBas give to the man Earline has seduced?
(a) His card.
(d) Earline's number.
5. How many of the Knights Templar were slain in 1307?
6. What happened when The Hunter approached Moses?
(a) The Atonist thugs killed him.
(b) He told Moses why his music was wrong.
(c) He offered Moses his daughter’s hand in marriage.
(d) He beat Moses badly.
7. What was the result of Pharaoh’s action?
(a) A plague of locusts.
(b) Great rejoicing.
(c) A mushroom cloud.
(d) Renewing rain.
8. What tradition does PaPaLaBas say Osiris began?
(a) Reading and writing.
(b) Singing and dancing.
(c) Planting and harvesting.
(d) Ruling and offering tribute.
9. Where are PaPaLaBas and Black Herman sending Hinkle Von Vampton and Safecracker Gould?
10. WhenPaPaLaBas and T Malice encounter the bum outside the Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral, what does the bum say made him so ragged?
(a) He said a bird spoke to him.
(b) He heard men reading from the Book.
(c) He read from the Book.
(d) He said the words at the Plantation Club.
11. Who is running for President on the Jes Grew ticket?
(a) Django Reinhardt.
(b) Dizzy Gillespie.
(c) Cab Calloway.
(d) Lois Armstrong.
12. How does PaPaLaBas say Osiris’ brother viewed him?
(a) As a tyrant.
(b) As a pretender.
(c) As a fool.
(d) As a dilettante.
13. Why did the Jes Grew quit?
(a) The Wallflower Order had been defeated.
(b) The sexual revolution had made it unnecessary.
(c) It sensed that the Book of Thoth had been burned.
(d) It had reached New York.
14. What did Pharaoh do to quiet the crowd?
(a) Did Osiris’ dance.
(b) Invented a new song.
(c) Read from Isis’ book.
(d) Sang Jethro’s songs.
15. Who learned VooDoo from Moses, according to VooDoo tradition?
(d) South Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who woke Moses in the temple of Osiris and Isis?
2. What does Battraville say was the first thing the Marines did in Haiti?
3. How did Moses’ mother cry when the looting and rioting was going on?
4. What do the children accuse Safecracker Gould of doing?
5. How does Biff Musclewhite explain Charlotte’s confusion about what happened last night?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)