|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes from the black freighter?
(a) The scent of lavender.
(b) Explosions of light.
(c) The sound of laughter.
(d) The pulse of drums.
2. What does PaPaLaBas compare a head to, in his tradition?
(a) The earth.
(b) The mind of God.
(c) The universe.
(d) A temple.
3. What does Battraville say is after the white people who build highways?
(b) Their own whiteness.
(c) Ghosts of their victims.
(d) Their god.
4. What is the Black Mud Sound?
(a) A book of poems by James Weldon Johnson.
(b) A blues group.
(c) The rhythm of agricultural celebrations.
(d) A terrorist group in the South.
5. Who learned VooDoo from Moses, according to VooDoo tradition?
(c) South Americans.
6. Why does Abdul Hamid say he burned the Book of Thoth?
(a) It was racist.
(b) It was too lewd.
(c) It was incomprehensible.
(d) He had captured its essence.
7. What does Earline’s scarf turn into, when Black Herman throws it on the floor?
(a) A rope.
(b) A book.
(c) A dress.
(d) A snake.
8. What was the result of Pharaoh’s action?
(a) Great rejoicing.
(b) Renewing rain.
(c) A mushroom cloud.
(d) A plague of locusts.
9. Where is Abdul Hamid’s translated manuscript?
(a) Lost in the mail.
(b) In Abdul Hamid’s mother’s apartment.
(c) With a publisher.
(d) In the Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral.
10. How does Reed characterize the Knights Templar when they were founded?
(a) Sissy boys.
(b) Choir boys.
(c) Bully boys.
(d) Mama's boys.
11. Where does Black Herman go, after handing over Hinkle Von Vampton and Safecracker Gould?
(a) To take some time off.
(b) To find a missing manuscript.
(c) To find a girl.
(d) To track down a jewel.
12. What does Reed say is Masonry’s relationship with the Knights Templar?
(a) The only surviving strain.
(b) A modernization.
(c) A bastardization. b. The true heart of their tradition.
(d) A bastardization.
13. What miracle did Osiris perform?
(a) He got the vines to follow his dancing.
(b) He made the earth swallow an invading army.
(c) He multiplied the amount of grain the land could produce.
(d) He brought rain to dry land.
14. What remedy did the church have for underground worshippers of Osiris?
(c) Forced conversion.
15. How was Moses’ book lost?
(a) It was taken back by Isis.
(b) He hid it from his children.
(c) It was stolen from him.
(d) He burned it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does T Malice bring?
2. Who does Earline say she is married to?
3. What is depicted on the pendant Hinkle Von Vampton wears in the photo in the New York Sun?
4. What note does Mumbo Jumbo end on?
5. What is the name of the black freighter?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)