|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hinkle Von Vampton accuse his boss of?
(b) Being a slob.
2. Why does Reed say JesGrewers came to America?
(a) Because of the railroad.
(b) Because of cotton.
(c) Because of lace.
(d) Because of steel and guns.
3. Who is Schlitz?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A banker.
(d) A merchant.
4. Why does Earline say Berbelang left the Mumbo Jumbo Kathedral?
(a) Because of PaPaLaBas’ strictness.
(b) Because of PaPaLaBas’ conspiracy theory.
(c) Because of his attraction for her.
(d) Because of PapaLaBas's restlessness.
5. What does Reed say Berbelang known as?
(a) An oddball.
(b) A lounge lizard.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A nuisance.
6. What does Earline say PaPaLaBas mixes concrete events with?
7. Where are the Mu’tafikah sending their loot?
(a) To Asia.
(b) To South America.
(c) To Africa.
(d) To Australia.
8. What was the outcome of the trial of the Wallflower Order?
(a) They were condemned.
(b) They were disgraced.
(c) They were installed as guards of the territories.
(d) They were convicted of betraying their culture.
9. Where is Zuzu when the reader meets her?
(a) In the Mayor's bed.
(b) On the Mayor’s knee.
(c) At the bar.
(d) In the Mayor's car.
10. How will Berbelang get the Olmec head?
(a) He will have to go back to steal it another night.
(b) He is going to buy it.
(c) By ransoming Biff Musclewhite.
(d) He is not going to steal it, in the end.
11. Where does the Jes Grew aim to settle?
(b) New York.
(d) New Orleans.
12. Where did the Mu’tafikah meet, to begin their work of repatriating idols?
(a) In a jazz club.
(b) In a Marxist meeting.
(c) In an art history class.
(d) In jail.
13. What is the sign by which Schlitz’ properties are identified?
(a) An ad for Packards cars.
(b) A box of Dutch Masters.
(c) An image of Prince Hall.
(d) An image of the skull and crossbones.
14. How does Biff Musclewhite characterize America?
(a) A ditch filled with dead Indians.
(b) A castle built on money.
(c) A stolen trinket.
(d) A cheap liar.
15. How does Reed characterize the outbreak of Jes Grew?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biff Musclewhite reminisce about, with Charlotte?
2. What is the Mu’tafikahs’ plan in returning the gods?
3. What does Yellow Jack say to make Berbelang angry?
4. Why does PaPaLaBas say he cannot understand Earline?
5. Where do Hinkle Von Vampton and Safecracker Gould look for the anthology that contains the Jes Grew?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)