|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Hinkle Von Vampton’s boss think that he is losing his marbles?
(a) He shows up drunk to work.
(b) He misses every deadline for a month.
(c) His articles are filled with errors.
(d) He leaves a headline in the past tense.
2. What does PaPaLaBas say men will turn to before the end of the century?
3. What does Ishmael Reed say the Mu’tafikah building resembles?
(a) The future of Jazz.
(b) Western history.
(c) Black culture.
(d) The Jes Grew.
4. What is developed to cure the Jes Grew?
(a) A talking android.
(b) A disinfectant bath.
(c) A cure consisting of pills.
(d) Work camps.
5. What does Biff Musclewhite reminisce about, with Charlotte?
(a) WW I.
(b) WW II.
(c) The Spanish-American war.
(d) The Depression.
6. What is the real location to which Berbelang take Biff Musclewhite?
(a) Columbia University’s African Studies department.
(b) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(c) The Museum of Modern Art.
(d) The Guggenheim Museum.
7. What has to happen before the Jes Grew will stop?
(a) It will be purged by the most stringent repression.
(b) It will mingle with the blood of the land.
(c) It will cohabit with what it is after.
(d) It will become the spirit of America.
8. What does Reed say is America’s astrological rising sign?
9. What does Berbelang say haunts Faust?
(a) The dread of the afterlife.
(b) The guilt over the money he took from peasants.
(c) The agony of having sold his soul to the devil.
(d) The knowledge that he is not really powerful.
10. Who is Suzie Mae?
(a) Hinkle Von Vampton’s masseuse.
(b) Charlotte's maid.
(c) Biff Musclewhite’s lover.
(d) Berbelang’s secretary.
11. When was the last time Jes Grew flared up?
12. What is Berbelang’s hat decorated with?
13. How does Reed characterize the outbreak of Jes Grew?
14. What is the only cure for the Jes Grew?
15. What does Earline say PaPaLaBas mixes concrete events with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everything made of at the Wallflower Order headquarters?
2. What does Hinkle Von Vampton tell Major Young is the purpose of the ‘Benign Monster’?
3. What does Reed say is the American motto?
4. Who is providing Berbelang’s gang with supplies and equipment?
5. What are Knockings?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)