|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff Musclewhite reminisce about, with Charlotte?
(a) WW I.
(b) The Spanish-American war.
(c) The Depression.
(d) WW II.
2. What does Hinkle Von Vampton accuse his boss of?
(b) Being a slob.
3. Where does Hinkle Von Vampton work?
(a) The police station.
(b) The Wallflower Order.
(c) The New York Tribune.
(d) The New York Sun.
4. What is the real location to which Berbelang take Biff Musclewhite?
(a) The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
(b) Columbia University’s African Studies department.
(c) The Museum of Modern Art.
(d) The Guggenheim Museum.
5. What is the sign by which Schlitz’ properties are identified?
(a) An image of the skull and crossbones.
(b) An ad for Packards cars.
(c) A box of Dutch Masters.
(d) An image of Prince Hall.
6. Where is Mumbo Jumbo set?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
7. What is Berbelang’s hat decorated with?
8. Who is Suzie Mae?
(a) Charlotte's maid.
(b) Biff Musclewhite’s lover.
(c) Berbelang’s secretary.
(d) Hinkle Von Vampton’s masseuse.
9. Where do Berbelang and his compatriots get their equipment from?
(a) A theater.
(b) A police station.
(c) A construction site.
(d) A moving company.
10. What are Berbelang and the other Mu’tafikah drinking?
11. What are Knockings?
(a) Cultural knowledge.
(b) Race memory from Africa.
(d) Religious secrets.
12. Who is providing Berbelang’s gang with supplies and equipment?
(a) Buddy Jackson.
(c) Hinkle Von Vampton.
(d) Biff Musclewhite.
13. Where is Jes Grew worst?
(a) The American south.
(b) The American cities.
(c) The American west.
(d) The American northwest.
14. What do Protestant editorial writers compare the Jes Grew to?
(a) A madhouse.
(b) A shark.
(c) A gutter.
(d) A boll weevil.
15. What kind of people did Langston Hughes say were popular during the time period of the book?
(a) People who drank and smoked liberally.
(b) People who had been to Africa.
(c) People who exercised strict restraint.
(d) People who sampled different cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does Ishmael Reed use for the Mu’tafikah’s seizure of artifacts?
2. What does Reed say is America’s astrological rising sign?
3. How has Thor tried to be trusted?
4. What is the danger if the Jes Grew becomes pandemic?
5. Where did the Mu’tafikah meet, to begin their work of repatriating idols?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)