|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reed characterize Berbelang?
2. Where is Jes Grew worst?
(a) The American south.
(b) The American northwest.
(c) The American cities.
(d) The American west.
3. Who is surrounded in Haiti, according to the headline the Robber Baron reads?
(a) The slave leaders.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The President.
(d) The voodoo generals.
4. What does the Atonist Order require of the newspapers?
(a) The obfuscation of repression of minorities.
(b) The denigration of minority cultures.
(c) The glorification of Western Culture.
(d) The exploration of Eastern and Asian cultures.
5. When Earline starts to discuss the Jes Grew, what does Berbelang do to interrupt her?
(a) Caress and kiss her.
(b) Change the topic.
(c) Walk out.
(d) His her.
6. Where is Woodrow Wilson Jefferson going, in Chapter 11?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) New York.
7. How does Reed characterize the outbreak of Jes Grew?
8. What does Reed say the Teutonic Knights do instead of raiding the Temples of Heathens?
(a) Enact their blood.
(b) Spill their blood.
(c) Pollute their alters.
(d) Demand tribute.
9. How many artifacts will “Tam” collect and return?
10. What is developed to cure the Jes Grew?
(a) Work camps.
(b) A disinfectant bath.
(c) A cure consisting of pills.
(d) A talking android.
11. What does Hinkle Von Vampton accuse his boss of?
(b) Being a slob.
12. What is Berbelang’s hat decorated with?
13. What has to happen before the Jes Grew will stop?
(a) It will mingle with the blood of the land.
(b) It will be purged by the most stringent repression.
(c) It will cohabit with what it is after.
(d) It will become the spirit of America.
14. What caused New Jersey youths to be fired from their job?
(d) Proselytizing the Jes Grew.
15. Where did the Mu’tafikah meet, to begin their work of repatriating idols?
(a) In a Marxist meeting.
(b) In an art history class.
(c) In a jazz club.
(d) In jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are elders trying to regulate?
2. What does Reed say Berbelang known as?
3. What does Berbelang object to, in how people look at Van Gogh?
4. Why is Woodrow Wilson Jefferson prevented from entering Buddy Jackson’s cabaret?
5. Why does Reed say JesGrewers came to America?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)