|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 (Chapters 42-49).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jes Grew worst?
(a) The American west.
(b) The American south.
(c) The American cities.
(d) The American northwest.
2. What is developed to cure the Jes Grew?
(a) A cure consisting of pills.
(b) A disinfectant bath.
(c) Work camps.
(d) A talking android.
3. What is the sign by which Schlitz’ properties are identified?
(a) A box of Dutch Masters.
(b) An ad for Packards cars.
(c) An image of the skull and crossbones.
(d) An image of Prince Hall.
4. Why does Hinkle Von Vampton need Nathan Brown to write for the Benign Monster?
(a) To give it guts.
(b) To give it class.
(c) To give it verve.
(d) To give it legitimacy.
5. What metaphor does Ishmael Reed use for the Mu’tafikah’s seizure of artifacts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hinkle Von Vampton think will be a good Talking Android?
2. What are Berbelang and the other Mu’tafikah drinking?
3. What does Reed say Africans have fallen in love with, in North America?
4. How is African-American painting described in the newspaper?
5. What do Hinkle Von Vampton and Safecracker Gould learn about the anthology?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)