|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9 (Chapter 52).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does PaPaLaBas fit for his customers?
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their histories.
(c) Their lives.
(d) Their souls.
2. What was Set known for, in PaPaLaBas’ story?
(a) His willingness to negotiate.
(b) His refusal to dance.
(c) His knowledge of the markets.
(d) His spiritual knowledge.
3. What does the Robber Baron examine in Chapter 9?
(a) A book.
(b) A dollar bill.
(c) An African fetish.
(d) A gold watch.
4. What is the sign by which Schlitz’ properties are identified?
(a) An image of Prince Hall.
(b) An image of the skull and crossbones.
(c) A box of Dutch Masters.
(d) An ad for Packards cars.
5. What are labanotations?
(a) Hieroglyphics from ancient Africa.
(b) Notations to record the inflections of spoken language.
(c) Detectives’ notes about suspects’ movements.
(d) A system for recording gestures in dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does PaPaLaBas give to the man Earline has seduced?
2. How did Pharaoh try to restore order?
3. What does Reed say the Teutonic Knights do instead of raiding the Temples of Heathens?
4. Who does Black Herman say is ready to meet with PaPaLaBas in Chapter 42?
5. What is the Black Mud Sound?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)