|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (Chapters 13-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Jung say the Great War was useful for?
(a) Making men doubt the value of Western culture.
(b) Making room for more industrial culture.
(c) Blurring the line between men and machines.
(d) Giving white men machines with which to repress history.
2. What are the Teutonic knights protecting?
(a) The fetishes of the pagans.
(b) The pagans’ souls.
(c) The Christian alters.
(d) The Christians' lands.
3. What do Protestant editorial writers compare the Jes Grew to?
(a) A boll weevil.
(b) A gutter.
(c) A shark.
(d) A madhouse.
4. Who does James Weldon Johnson say the Jes Grew belongs to?
(c) Slaves and ex-slaves.
(d) All blacks.
5. Who is surrounded in Haiti, according to the headline the Robber Baron reads?
(a) The slave leaders.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The President.
(d) The voodoo generals.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Earline starts to discuss the Jes Grew, what does Berbelang do to interrupt her?
2. Who is Schlitz?
3. How does Reed characterize Berbelang?
4. What does Ishmael Reed compare Hinkle Von Vampton to?
5. What does the Atonist Order require of the newspapers?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)