|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (Chapters 13-17).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sign by which Schlitz’ properties are identified?
(a) An image of the skull and crossbones.
(b) An ad for Packards cars.
(c) An image of Prince Hall.
(d) A box of Dutch Masters.
2. What are the Teutonic knights protecting?
(a) The pagans’ souls.
(b) The Christian alters.
(c) The Christians' lands.
(d) The fetishes of the pagans.
3. What is developed to cure the Jes Grew?
(a) A talking android.
(b) A cure consisting of pills.
(c) Work camps.
(d) A disinfectant bath.
4. What does Earline say PaPaLaBas mixes concrete events with?
5. What makes Hinkle Von Vampton’s boss think that he is losing his marbles?
(a) He shows up drunk to work.
(b) He misses every deadline for a month.
(c) His articles are filled with errors.
(d) He leaves a headline in the past tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ishmael Reed credit with developing the “grapevine telegraph?
2. Where is Zuzu when the reader meets her?
3. Who is surrounded in Haiti, according to the headline the Robber Baron reads?
4. Why is Hinkle Von Vampton fired?
5. What would happen if the guarded ‘booty’ got into the ‘wrong hands’?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)