Section 1 (Chapters 1-6)
1. Where is Mumbo Jumbo set?
(a) New Orleans.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
2. Where is Zuzu when the reader meets her?
(a) In the Mayor's car.
(b) On the Mayor’s knee.
(c) In the Mayor's bed.
(d) At the bar.
3. Where does the Mayor go to at the beginning of the book?
(a) His office.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The police station.
(d) The bar.
4. What is the only cure for the Jes Grew?
5. When was the last time Jes Grew flared up?
6. What is the danger if the Jes Grew becomes pandemic?
(a) The end of black people.
(b) The destruction of the city.
(c) The end of the Mayor’s career.
(d) The end of civilization.
7. Who does James Weldon Johnson say the Jes Grew belongs to?
(a) All blacks.
(b) Slaves and ex-slaves.
8. How does Reed characterize the outbreak of Jes Grew?
This section contains 4,451 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)