* The men of Eatonville are gathered on the front porch of Joe Clarke's general store, a regular social activity.
* The men gossip about Daisy and her interest in two of the town's men, Jim Weston and Dave Carter.
* Deacon Simms arrives and criticizes the town, including its snakes and lawlessness.
* Jim and Dave arrive at the store playing music and singing, and Daisy comes back to the store.
* Jim and Dave get into a fight over a misunderstanding about Daisy, and Jim knocks Dave unconscious with a mule bone.
* Joe Clarke decides that Jim should be arrested for assault and battery and has Jim taken to a barn that will act as a prison.
Act 2, Scene 1
*The Methodist women discuss Jim's trial and their anger over the Baptist position.
*The women express their support for Deacon Simms, criticize Joe Clarke, and have an angry confrontation with the...
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)