Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
2. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
3. Who is Sam?
4. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
5. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cora compare William to herself?
2. What does William try to do one more time? What is Cora's response?
3. Why is Bert no longer the Colonel's favorite?
4. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
5. How does Bert try to justify his position?
6. How does Bert respond this time? What is Cora's advice to him?
7. What does Cora say to Bert, as they enter?
8. Why do things become violent between Norwood and Bert?
9. About what are Norwood and Cora discussing, regarding Sallie and Robert?
10. Who enters after the guest and Norwood leave? Describe these characters.
Bert used to be Norwood's favorite.
Part 1) Why might Bert have been Norwood's favorite?
Part 2) What changed this? How is Norwood to blame for this change?
Part 3) How does Norwood's attitude towards Bert reflect how he feels about the rest of his children with Cora and possibly his other "darkies" as well?
Cora seems calm after Norwood's death.
Part 1) Why is she so calm? Are you surprised by her reaction to his violent death?
Part 2) How has her character and personality been changed by this death? Will this be a permanent change? Explain.
Part 3) Compare and contrast her reaction to the reactions of others. Why do these similarities and differences exist?
Norwood does not tolerate disrespect from his "darkies."
Part 1) How have his "darkies" been disrespectful to him? How does this affect Norwood?
Part 2) Would you agree that disrespect has been shown? Explain.
Part 3) How would you react if you were one of Norwood's "darkies?" Why?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)