|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norwood warn Bert?
(a) The truth will get him into trouble.
(b) His behavior will not be tolerated in any other house.
(c) His lies will have him hanged.
(d) His impudence is putting him in danger.
2. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(b) Their place.
(c) How to love him.
(d) How to work in the fields.
3. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Throw him out.
(b) Go to work in the fields.
(c) Send him to his room.
(d) Tell his mother the truth.
4. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
5. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
(a) To convince Bert to go to his room.
(b) To convince Bert to stand his ground.
(c) To convince Bert to leave.
(d) To convince Bert to treat Norwood with respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
2. Finally, who enters the room?
3. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
4. Does Bert seem to mean what he says to Cora?
5. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)