|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, who enters the room?
(a) Mr. Higgins.
2. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
(a) To convince Bert to treat Norwood with respect.
(b) To convince Bert to stand his ground.
(c) To convince Bert to go to his room.
(d) To convince Bert to leave.
3. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood leaves.
(b) The two stop arguing.
(c) Norwood calls the police.
(d) Things become violent.
4. For what does she blame him?
(a) Her many children.
(b) All that has happened.
(c) His own death.
(d) Her poor health.
5. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Call Norwood "Uncle."
(b) Speak quietly.
(c) Use proper grammar.
(d) Talk right.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
2. From where does Cora come?
3. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
4. For whom is Cora scared?
5. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)