|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quickly escalates between the two men?
(a) The frustration.
(b) The compassion.
(c) The argument.
(d) The hurt.
2. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(c) The Colonel.
3. Who will be coming for Bert?
(a) The police.
(b) The National Guard.
(c) The white men.
4. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(a) How to love him.
(b) Their place.
(d) How to work in the fields.
5. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Go to his room.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
2. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
3. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
4. From where does Cora come?
5. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)