|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He wants to make a fresh start.
(d) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
2. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Stand up to him.
(d) Love him.
3. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(d) The Colonel.
4. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) Bert is in trouble.
(b) She wants to leave.
(c) She worries about Sallie.
(d) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
5. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
(a) Go to his room.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
2. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
3. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
4. What does Sam exit to do?
5. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)