|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Mr. Higgins.
2. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) He left them.
(b) They have no father.
(c) He is their father.
(d) He has died.
3. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Speak quietly.
(b) Talk right.
(c) Use proper grammar.
(d) Call Norwood "Uncle."
4. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
(a) Billy and his friend.
(b) William and the storekeeper.
(c) The slave overseer, Talbot, and the storekeeper.
(d) Talbot and William.
5. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they form this?
2. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
3. What is the Colonel holding?
4. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
5. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)