|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
(a) An argument.
(b) A hug.
(c) An understanding.
(d) An agreement.
2. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(b) How to love him.
(c) Their place.
(d) How to work in the fields.
3. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
(a) Talking to himself.
(b) Singing to himself.
(d) Laughing hysterically.
4. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) She worries about Sallie.
(b) She wants to leave.
(c) Bert is in trouble.
(d) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
5. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
(a) To convince Bert to stand his ground.
(b) To convince Bert to go to his room.
(c) To convince Bert to treat Norwood with respect.
(d) To convince Bert to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quickly escalates between the two men?
2. For whom is Cora scared?
3. What connection do they make?
4. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
5. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)