|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
(a) He has gone to school out of town.
(b) He has run away out of town.
(c) He has vacationed out of town.
(d) He has traveled on business out of town.
2. What comment does little Billy make?
(a) He wants to move in with Bert.
(b) He wishes he was white.
(c) He knows the Colonel is his grandpa.
(d) He wants to see his Uncle Bert.
3. How does Bert feel about his actions?
4. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Leave out the back door.
(c) Go to his room.
(d) Move out.
5. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
(a) He is no longer going to work in the fields.
(b) He is going to go back to work in the fields.
(c) He wants to be an overseer.
(d) He wants to stay and help her.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
2. What happens as Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
3. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
4. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
5. What has Robert done without permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Undertaker decide about Cora?
2. What is Cora's response to William's request?
3. What does the Undertaker do when Cora enters?
4. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
5. What is Cora's response when the Undertaker tells Cora that Norwood is dead?
6. How does the Colonel feel about Robert's behavior?
7. Why is Sam upset and scared?
8. What does Norwood say about his treatment of his "darkies?"
9. What sparks an argument between Bert and Norwood?
10. What does William do when he arrives?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)