|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sam?
(a) Another teacher at the school.
(b) An elderly white man who is the Colonel's neighbor.
(c) An elderly black man who is a personal assistant to the Colonel.
(d) The Colonel's business partner.
2. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
(a) To go to his room.
(b) To be polite to the Colonel.
(c) To move north.
(d) To leave now.
3. Whose son is young Billy?
4. Who arrives as Sallie departs?
(a) Norwood's friend Fred Higgins.
(b) Norwood's cousin George Talbot.
(c) Norwood's friend Henry Higgins.
(d) Norwood's servant Sam.
5. Soon after, which son comes in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam ask if it would be acceptable to take Sallie's luggage out the front door to the car?
2. What does the guest warn the Colonel about Bert, if he does indeed get arrested for his behavior?
3. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
4. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
5. What does this guest relate to the Colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bert know will be coming? What are his plans?
2. What does the Undertaker decide about Cora?
3. How does Sallie leave? Who arrives as Sallie leaves? Who is this person, and why has he come?
4. What does Cora say in response to Bert?
5. What does Cora tell him to do?
6. What is Cora's response when the Undertaker tells Cora that Norwood is dead?
7. What does Norwood tell Bert, regarding his behavior compared to the others?
8. What does Cora tell Bert, when he says he will no longer work in the fields?
9. What does Cora say to Bert, as they enter?
10. What does Cora do after William leaves?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)