|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
(a) He wants to be an overseer.
(b) He is no longer going to work in the fields.
(c) He is going to go back to work in the fields.
(d) He wants to stay and help her.
2. Who is Sam?
(a) An elderly white man who is the Colonel's neighbor.
(b) The Colonel's business partner.
(c) Another teacher at the school.
(d) An elderly black man who is a personal assistant to the Colonel.
3. Who arrives as Sallie departs?
(a) Norwood's friend Fred Higgins.
(b) Norwood's friend Henry Higgins.
(c) Norwood's servant Sam.
(d) Norwood's cousin George Talbot.
4. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Leave out the back door.
(c) Go to his room.
(d) Move out.
5. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real outrage about Bert's behavior?
2. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
3. What are these men doing as they visit?
4. What happens as Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
5. What comment does little Billy make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Norwood not tolerate? Of what does Norwood warn Bert?
2. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
3. Who enters? What connection do they make? What do they begin to organize?
4. How does this scene open?
5. Why is Sam upset and scared?
6. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
7. What does Norwood do when he enters the room?
8. What does Cora tell Bert, when he says he will no longer work in the fields?
9. How does Bert feel about his mother's advice?
10. What does William do when he arrives?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)