|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
2. What does Sallie want to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A maid.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A business woman.
3. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
(a) The airport.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The train station.
(d) The library.
4. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(b) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
(c) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
5. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
(a) Talk to the Colonel.
(b) Stand his ground.
(c) Run away out the back door.
(d) Go to his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Robert done without permission?
2. Who is Sam?
3. What do Cora and Bert begin to do, after he tells her this news?
4. How does Bert feel about his actions?
5. What will the Colonel not tolerate from a "darkie," especially his own child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bert know will be coming? What are his plans?
2. Why is Sam upset and scared?
3. How does Bert respond this time? What is Cora's advice to him?
4. How does Sallie leave? Who arrives as Sallie leaves? Who is this person, and why has he come?
5. When does the play begin? Who are the first two characters introduced? Describe them.
6. What do Cora, William, and Bert discuss?
7. What is Sam doing at the beginning of the scene?
8. What do Cora and William discuss?
9. Why do things become violent between Norwood and Bert?
10. What do Sallie and Norwod discuss? What does Norwood insist Sallie do? Why does Norwood become upset with Sallie, as well as Bert?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)