|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
(a) The library.
(b) The train station.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The airport.
2. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
(a) He needs to stay positive.
(b) He needs to tone it down.
(c) He needs to stand strong.
(d) He needs to be himself.
3. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
(a) A bat.
(b) A letter.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A knife.
4. Soon after, which son comes in?
5. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
(a) By telling them that black people are better than white people.
(b) By sounding more educated than the white men.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) By driving recklessly and acting as "good as a white [man]."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallie want to become?
2. Who does Cora first blame for the comment Billy makes, then realizes blame lies with Bert?
3. What will the Colonel not tolerate from a "darkie," especially his own child?
4. He knows he is neither black nor white, and he looks just like who?
5. What does Robert do as the act ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cora's response when the Undertaker tells Cora that Norwood is dead?
2. How does the argument become violent?
3. How does Cora compare William to herself?
4. About what does this guest chide the Colonel? About what does he warn the Colonel?
5. What happens as Act I closes?
6. What does the Undertaker do when Cora enters?
7. What does Cora tell him to do?
8. What does William do when he arrives?
9. How does the Colonel respond to Sam's question? What does Sam say about Bert? What stops the Colonel from fully processing what Sam has said to him?
10. How does this guest send the Colonel over the edge, regarding Bert?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)