|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the action opens, what are Norwood and Cora discussing?
(a) The plans for the next school year.
(b) The imminent departure of Cora's daughter Sallie for school.
(c) The work that needs to be completed in the office.
(d) The arrival of Cora's daughter Sallie from school.
2. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(b) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
(c) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(d) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
3. How does Bert react to their explanation?
(a) He dismisses their concerns.
(b) He understands their concerns.
(c) He agrees to move north.
(d) He resents them for their concerns.
4. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
(a) He needs to be himself.
(b) He needs to stand strong.
(c) He needs to stay positive.
(d) He needs to tone it down.
5. What does the guest warn the Colonel about Bert, if he does indeed get arrested for his behavior?
(a) It will be costly to bail him out.
(b) He will be in jail for some time.
(c) There is a good chance the white men might break into the jail and lynch him.
(d) His case could go to trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this guest relate to the Colonel?
2. What comment does little Billy make?
3. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
4. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
5. What does Sallie want to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what are Norwood and Cora discussing, regarding Sallie and Robert?
2. Describe Sallie. What does she do when she enters the room?
3. What does William do when he arrives?
4. What is Cora's response to William's request?
5. What does the Undertaker do when Cora enters?
6. How does the argument become violent?
7. What is happening outside? What does Bert do?
8. What does Norwood do when he enters the room?
9. How does Cora respond to the Undertaker?
10. What is Cora's response when the Undertaker tells Cora that Norwood is dead?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)