|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
2. Who does Cora first blame for the comment Billy makes, then realizes blame lies with Bert?
3. What has Robert done without permission?
(a) Taken the car into town.
(b) Stayed out late.
(c) Left home.
(d) Taken a new job.
4. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
(b) That Bert must go back north for school.
(c) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
(d) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
5. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
(a) He needs to be himself.
(b) He needs to tone it down.
(c) He needs to stay positive.
(d) He needs to stand strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert about where he lives?
2. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
3. What will the Colonel not tolerate from a "darkie," especially his own child?
4. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
5. What comment does little Billy make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cora try to do, one more time, regarding Bert?
2. What happens as Act I closes?
3. What do Cora and William discuss?
4. When does the play begin? Who are the first two characters introduced? Describe them.
5. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
6. How does the scene end?
7. About what does this guest chide the Colonel? About what does he warn the Colonel?
8. How does Bert feel about his mother's advice?
9. What does this guest say about Bert?
10. How does Bert respond this time? What is Cora's advice to him?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)