|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert about where he lives?
(a) He should move back up north.
(b) He needs to understand that he is no longer living up North.
(c) He needs to help out at home.
(d) He is Norwood's son.
2. How does Bert react to their explanation?
(a) He dismisses their concerns.
(b) He understands their concerns.
(c) He agrees to move north.
(d) He resents them for their concerns.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) Another teacher at the school.
(b) An elderly black man who is a personal assistant to the Colonel.
(c) The Colonel's business partner.
(d) An elderly white man who is the Colonel's neighbor.
4. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
(a) He needs to tone it down.
(b) He needs to stand strong.
(c) He needs to stay positive.
(d) He needs to be himself.
5. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
(a) The airport.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The library.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sallie careful not to acknowledge?
2. Why has this guest come?
3. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
4. What do Cora and William discuss, regarding Bert?
5. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Undertaker ask Sam?
2. What does Norwood tell Bert, regarding his behavior compared to the others?
3. When does the play begin? Who are the first two characters introduced? Describe them.
4. What does William do when he arrives?
5. What happens as Act I closes?
6. What does this guest say about Bert?
7. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
8. How does Cora compare William to herself?
9. Who enters after the guest and Norwood leave? Describe these characters.
10. How does Bert feel about his mother's advice?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)