|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
(a) He has seen Bert using the front door.
(b) Bert already took Sallie's luggage out the front door.
(c) Bert has not yet arrived home.
(d) Bert is moving back north.
2. What are the consequences for Bert's accident?
(a) The Colonel had to send a search party to find him.
(b) The Colonel beat him mercilessly.
(c) The Colonel did not allow him to have dinner.
(d) The Colonel sent him to his room.
3. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Leave out the back door.
(b) Go to his room.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Move out.
4. Whose son is young Billy?
5. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
(a) Sadness grows on both sides.
(b) Love grows on both sides.
(c) Resentment grows on both sides.
(d) Both of their personalities change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real outrage about Bert's behavior?
2. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
3. What does Robert do as the act ends?
4. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
5. What does this guest relate to the Colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cora say in response to Bert?
2. What does the Undertaker do when Cora enters?
3. Describe Sallie. What does she do when she enters the room?
4. What is Cora's response to William's request?
5. How does the Colonel feel about Robert's behavior?
6. How does this guest send the Colonel over the edge, regarding Bert?
7. How does Cora respond to the Undertaker?
8. Who enters after the guest and Norwood leave? Describe these characters.
9. How does Bert try to justify his position?
10. How does the Colonel respond to Sam's question? What does Sam say about Bert? What stops the Colonel from fully processing what Sam has said to him?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)