|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Robert done without permission?
(a) Left home.
(b) Stayed out late.
(c) Taken the car into town.
(d) Taken a new job.
2. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
(a) A school teacher who is about 40.
(b) A wealthy businessman who is about 60.
(c) A plantation owner who is about 60.
(d) An overseer who is about 40.
3. Soon after, which son comes in?
4. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
(b) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(c) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
5. What does the guest warn the Colonel about Bert, if he does indeed get arrested for his behavior?
(a) It will be costly to bail him out.
(b) His case could go to trial.
(c) There is a good chance the white men might break into the jail and lynch him.
(d) He will be in jail for some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When and where does the play begin?
2. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
3. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
4. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
5. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Undertaker ask Sam?
2. Of what does William warn Cora? What does her response lead William to think of her?
3. What does William do when he arrives?
4. How does this scene open?
5. How does the second act begin?
6. What does Cora tell him to do?
7. How does the Colonel respond to Sam's question? What does Sam say about Bert? What stops the Colonel from fully processing what Sam has said to him?
8. What happens as Talbot enters?
9. What does Cora try to do, one more time, regarding Bert?
10. How does the argument quickly escalate?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)