|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bert try to do regarding his position?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Justify it.
(c) Deny it.
(d) Lessen it.
2. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
(a) Sallie's leaving.
(b) Bert's perceived arrogance.
(c) Bert's schooling.
(d) William's son.
3. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
4. Why has this guest come?
(a) To visit with the Colonel.
(b) To plead Bert's case.
(c) To tell the Colonel that Sallie is going to school to be a teacher.
(d) To warn the Colonel of the growing resentment of the white community towards Bert.
5. How does Bert feel about his actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
2. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
3. What does Cora tell Bert about where he lives?
4. What are these men doing as they visit?
5. What is Sallie careful not to acknowledge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Colonel feel about Robert's behavior?
2. Describe Sallie. What does she do when she enters the room?
3. What does Cora try to do, one more time, regarding Bert?
4. How does the scene end?
5. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
6. What is Sam doing at the beginning of the scene?
7. What does Cora say in response to Bert?
8. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
9. What does Cora tell Bert, when he says he will no longer work in the fields?
10. Why is Bert no longer the Colonel's favorite?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)