|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(b) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
(c) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
(d) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
2. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
(b) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
(c) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(d) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
3. Why does he try to do this, regarding his position?
(a) He tries to ignore his behavior.
(b) He made a mistake.
(c) He is still a black man, even though he is Norwood's son.
(d) He is half-white and Norwood's son.
4. What happens as Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) Sallie enters.
(b) Norwood enters.
(c) Billy enters.
(d) Bert enters.
5. What are these men doing as they visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Cora stop and remind the Colonel?
2. What is Sallie careful not to acknowledge?
3. Whose son is young Billy?
4. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
5. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. What is Cora's response to William's request?
3. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
4. What does the Undertaker do when Cora enters?
5. What happens as Act I closes?
6. What does Cora do after William leaves?
7. What does Norwood say about his treatment of his "darkies?"
8. What do Cora and William discuss?
9. What sparks an argument between Bert and Norwood?
10. What is Sam doing at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)