|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soon after, which son comes in?
2. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
(a) For having a black mistress.
(b) For not remarrying a white woman.
(c) For not marrying Cora.
(d) For keeping a black mistress in his home like a wife.
3. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
4. What does Robert do as the act ends?
(a) Hugs the Colonel.
(b) Runs out the back door.
(c) Goes to his room.
(d) Walks proudly out the front door.
5. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
(a) A knife.
(b) A letter.
(c) A bat.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
2. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
3. Whose son is young Billy?
4. What has Robert done without permission?
5. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who enters? What connection do they make? What do they begin to organize?
2. How does Bert feel about his mother's advice?
3. What does William do when he arrives?
4. Why is Sam upset and scared?
5. What do Sallie and Norwod discuss? What does Norwood insist Sallie do? Why does Norwood become upset with Sallie, as well as Bert?
6. How does this scene open?
7. How does Sallie leave? Who arrives as Sallie leaves? Who is this person, and why has he come?
8. What do Cora and William discuss?
9. How does the argument quickly escalate?
10. Why is Bert no longer the Colonel's favorite?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)