|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
2. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
(a) For not marrying Cora.
(b) For not remarrying a white woman.
(c) For having a black mistress.
(d) For keeping a black mistress in his home like a wife.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) The Colonel's business partner.
(b) An elderly white man who is the Colonel's neighbor.
(c) Another teacher at the school.
(d) An elderly black man who is a personal assistant to the Colonel.
4. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
(a) To leave now.
(b) To go to his room.
(c) To move north.
(d) To be polite to the Colonel.
5. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
(a) The library.
(b) The airport.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert do as the act ends?
2. What do Cora and Bert begin to do, after he tells her this news?
3. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
4. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
5. What does Bert believe he should not have to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cora compare William to herself?
2. What does William try to do one more time? What is Cora's response?
3. Why is Bert no longer the Colonel's favorite?
4. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
5. How does Bert try to justify his position?
6. How does Bert respond this time? What is Cora's advice to him?
7. What does Cora say to Bert, as they enter?
8. Why do things become violent between Norwood and Bert?
9. About what are Norwood and Cora discussing, regarding Sallie and Robert?
10. Who enters after the guest and Norwood leave? Describe these characters.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)