|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
(b) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(c) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
2. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
(a) Plead his case.
(b) Help him move.
(c) Get him to move back north.
(d) Get him a hotel room.
3. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
(a) Love grows on both sides.
(b) Resentment grows on both sides.
(c) Sadness grows on both sides.
(d) Both of their personalities change.
4. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
5. For what does Sallie want to thank Norwood?
(a) Her spending money.
(b) For letting her stay in his home.
(c) His kind treatment of her and the other "colored children."
(d) For allowing her to go to school to be a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
2. Why does Sallie come in?
3. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
4. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
5. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bert dismiss their concerns?
2. What does the Undertaker ask Sam?
3. What does Cora tell him to do?
4. What do Sallie and Norwod discuss? What does Norwood insist Sallie do? Why does Norwood become upset with Sallie, as well as Bert?
5. What does Norwood do when he enters the room?
6. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
7. What does Cora say to Bert, as they enter?
8. Of what does William warn Cora? What does her response lead William to think of her?
9. How does the play end?
10. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)