|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert about where he lives?
(a) He is Norwood's son.
(b) He needs to help out at home.
(c) He needs to understand that he is no longer living up North.
(d) He should move back up north.
2. As the action opens, what are Norwood and Cora discussing?
(a) The work that needs to be completed in the office.
(b) The plans for the next school year.
(c) The arrival of Cora's daughter Sallie from school.
(d) The imminent departure of Cora's daughter Sallie for school.
3. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
(d) Throw him out.
4. What are the consequences for Bert's accident?
(a) The Colonel sent him to his room.
(b) The Colonel beat him mercilessly.
(c) The Colonel did not allow him to have dinner.
(d) The Colonel had to send a search party to find him.
5. What is Sallie careful not to acknowledge?
(a) The children's true parentage.
(b) That she does not want to be a teacher.
(c) The Colonel's kindness.
(d) How much money the schooling will cost.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
2. How does Bert feel about his actions?
3. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
4. Why does Sallie come in?
5. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what are Norwood and Cora discussing, regarding Sallie and Robert?
2. What does Cora try to do, one more time, regarding Bert?
3. What does Bert plan to do to himself?
4. Who enters? What connection do they make? What do they begin to organize?
5. What is happening outside? What does Bert do?
6. What does the Undertaker decide about Cora?
7. What does Norwood tell Bert, regarding his behavior compared to the others?
8. How does the Colonel respond to Sam's question? What does Sam say about Bert? What stops the Colonel from fully processing what Sam has said to him?
9. How does Bert feel about his mother's advice?
10. How does Bert respond this time? What is Cora's advice to him?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)