|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) Norwood enters.
(b) Bert enters.
(c) Billy enters.
(d) Sallie enters.
2. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
(a) Bert's perceived arrogance.
(b) William's son.
(c) Sallie's leaving.
(d) Bert's schooling.
3. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
(a) Get him to move back north.
(b) Help him move.
(c) Plead his case.
(d) Get him a hotel room.
4. Who arrives as Sallie departs?
(a) Norwood's cousin George Talbot.
(b) Norwood's servant Sam.
(c) Norwood's friend Henry Higgins.
(d) Norwood's friend Fred Higgins.
5. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
(a) By sounding more educated than the white men.
(b) That he is rich.
(c) By telling them that black people are better than white people.
(d) By driving recklessly and acting as "good as a white [man]."
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Cora stop and remind the Colonel?
2. What does Robert do as the act ends?
3. What do Cora and William discuss, regarding Bert?
4. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
5. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Scene 2 begin?
2. What is Cora's response to William's request?
3. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
4. Why do things become violent between Norwood and Bert?
5. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
6. What is Cora's response when the Undertaker tells Cora that Norwood is dead?
7. What does the Undertaker decide about Cora?
8. What does Cora try to do, one more time, regarding Bert?
9. What do Cora, William, and Bert discuss?
10. What does William do when he arrives?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)