|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
(a) Talk to the Colonel.
(b) Go to his room.
(c) Stand his ground.
(d) Run away out the back door.
2. Who is the first-born son of Cora and the Colonel?
3. What do Cora and Bert begin to do, after he tells her this news?
(a) They begin to understand one another.
(b) They hug.
(c) They begin to cry.
(d) They begin to argue again.
4. For what does Sallie want to thank Norwood?
(a) His kind treatment of her and the other "colored children."
(b) For letting her stay in his home.
(c) For allowing her to go to school to be a teacher.
(d) Her spending money.
5. What does Robert do as the act ends?
(a) Runs out the back door.
(b) Hugs the Colonel.
(c) Goes to his room.
(d) Walks proudly out the front door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
2. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
3. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
4. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
5. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sparks an argument between Bert and Norwood?
2. Describe Sallie. What does she do when she enters the room?
3. How does the scene end?
4. What does this guest say about Bert?
5. Why is Bert no longer the Colonel's favorite?
6. What does Norwood do when he enters the room?
7. How does the second act begin?
8. What does William do when he arrives?
9. What do Sallie and Norwod discuss? What does Norwood insist Sallie do? Why does Norwood become upset with Sallie, as well as Bert?
10. Who enters after the guest and Norwood leave? Describe these characters.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)