|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Move out.
(c) Leave out the back door.
(d) Go to his room.
2. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
(a) A school teacher who is about 40.
(b) A plantation owner who is about 60.
(c) A wealthy businessman who is about 60.
(d) An overseer who is about 40.
3. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
(b) That Bert must go back north for school.
(c) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
(d) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
4. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
(a) Sadness grows on both sides.
(b) Resentment grows on both sides.
(c) Love grows on both sides.
(d) Both of their personalities change.
5. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
2. What does Cora tell Bert about where he lives?
3. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
4. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
5. What else do the two men discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene end?
2. Who enters? What connection do they make? What do they begin to organize?
3. Why is Bert no longer the Colonel's favorite?
4. How does this scene open?
5. How does the argument become violent?
6. How does the play end?
7. What do Cora and William discuss?
8. Who does Bert know will be coming? What are his plans?
9. Why do things become violent between Norwood and Bert?
10. How does Cora respond to the Undertaker?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)