|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does little Billy begin playing?
(a) The floor.
(b) A fiddle.
(c) The furniture.
(d) A washboard.
2. What do Cora and William discuss, regarding Bert?
(a) How smart he is.
(b) How he should move back north.
(c) How he looks like his father.
(d) His headstrong ways.
3. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Leave out the back door.
(b) Go to his room.
(c) Sit down.
(d) Move out.
4. What are these men doing as they visit?
5. What does the guest warn the Colonel about Bert, if he does indeed get arrested for his behavior?
(a) He will be in jail for some time.
(b) His case could go to trial.
(c) It will be costly to bail him out.
(d) There is a good chance the white men might break into the jail and lynch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
2. Why does he try to do this, regarding his position?
3. What else do the two men discuss?
4. Of what does Cora stop and remind the Colonel?
5. What does Robert do as the act ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this guest say about Bert?
2. Who enters? What connection do they make? What do they begin to organize?
3. Of what does William warn Cora? What does her response lead William to think of her?
4. What does the Undertaker decide about Cora?
5. What does Cora tell him to do?
6. What happens as Talbot enters?
7. How does Cora react when she comes down the stairs? How does Bert seem?
8. What does Norwood tell Bert, regarding his behavior compared to the others?
9. About what does this guest chide the Colonel? About what does he warn the Colonel?
10. What do Cora and William discuss?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)