|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
(a) That he is rich.
(b) By telling them that black people are better than white people.
(c) By driving recklessly and acting as "good as a white [man]."
(d) By sounding more educated than the white men.
2. As the action opens, what are Norwood and Cora discussing?
(a) The arrival of Cora's daughter Sallie from school.
(b) The work that needs to be completed in the office.
(c) The plans for the next school year.
(d) The imminent departure of Cora's daughter Sallie for school.
3. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
(a) William's son.
(b) Bert's perceived arrogance.
(c) Sallie's leaving.
(d) Bert's schooling.
4. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
(a) Help him move.
(b) Get him to move back north.
(c) Plead his case.
(d) Get him a hotel room.
5. What do Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) He cannot find his place.
(b) He knows his place.
(c) He will never know his place.
(d) He has no place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bert telling everyone?
2. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
3. How does Bert react to their explanation?
4. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
5. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does William warn Cora? What does her response lead William to think of her?
2. How does Bert respond to what Cora tells him?
3. What does Cora say to Bert, as they enter?
4. What does Norwood tell Bert, regarding his behavior compared to the others?
5. How does this guest send the Colonel over the edge, regarding Bert?
6. What is Sam doing at the beginning of the scene?
7. What does William do when he arrives?
8. What sparks an argument between Bert and Norwood?
9. What do Sallie and Norwod discuss? What does Norwood insist Sallie do? Why does Norwood become upset with Sallie, as well as Bert?
10. What does the Undertaker ask Sam?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)