|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
2. What do Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) He has no place.
(b) He will never know his place.
(c) He knows his place.
(d) He cannot find his place.
3. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
(a) Help him move.
(b) Get him a hotel room.
(c) Plead his case.
(d) Get him to move back north.
4. What does this guest relate to the Colonel?
(a) Bert's latest offense.
(b) What news there is to find around town.
(c) Sallie is not headed to the airport.
(d) The truth of what happened to Bert today.
5. What are these men doing as they visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
2. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
3. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
4. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
5. What else do the two men discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sparks an argument between Bert and Norwood?
2. Of what does William warn Cora? What does her response lead William to think of her?
3. What will Norwood not tolerate? Of what does Norwood warn Bert?
4. Who does Bert pass as he leaves?
5. What does William try to do one more time? What is Cora's response?
6. What do Cora and William discuss?
7. What does the Undertaker do when Cora enters?
8. How does the play end?
9. How does this guest send the Colonel over the edge, regarding Bert?
10. What does Norwood do when he enters the room?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)