|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
(a) Sallie's leaving.
(b) Bert's schooling.
(c) Bert's perceived arrogance.
(d) William's son.
2. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
(a) A letter.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bat.
3. Why has this guest come?
(a) To warn the Colonel of the growing resentment of the white community towards Bert.
(b) To visit with the Colonel.
(c) To tell the Colonel that Sallie is going to school to be a teacher.
(d) To plead Bert's case.
4. Why does Sallie come in?
(a) To see her mother.
(b) To visit with her father.
(c) To say hello.
(d) To say good-bye.
5. Soon after, which son comes in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What else do the two men discuss?
2. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
3. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
4. What is the real outrage about Bert's behavior?
5. What is Bert telling everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who enters? What connection do they make? What do they begin to organize?
2. What does William do when he arrives?
3. How does this guest send the Colonel over the edge, regarding Bert?
4. What is happening outside? What does Bert do?
5. How does Bert respond this time? What is Cora's advice to him?
6. About what are Norwood and Cora discussing, regarding Sallie and Robert?
7. What is Cora's response to William's request?
8. Who does Bert know will be coming? What are his plans?
9. Why do things become violent between Norwood and Bert?
10. What does the Undertaker ask Sam?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)