|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bert hate?
(b) Both the side of himself that is forced to submit to the white men and the white men that deny him.
(c) His mother for having him.
(d) Only his father.
2. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) He left them.
(b) He has died.
(c) They have no father.
(d) He is their father.
3. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(b) The Colonel.
4. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
5. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Push him.
(d) Kick him.
6. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
(b) Bert is in trouble.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She worries about Sallie.
7. What is the Colonel holding?
(a) A knife.
(b) The telephone.
(c) His pistol.
(d) A letter.
8. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A band of brothers.
(b) A posse.
(c) A band.
(d) A prayer circle.
9. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He disagrees.
(c) He does not react.
(d) He cries.
10. Finally, who enters the room?
(c) Mr. Higgins.
11. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(b) He does not like his "colored folks."
(c) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(d) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
12. With whom does Cora enter?
13. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
(a) The airport.
(b) In the swamp.
(c) His room.
(d) The basement.
14. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
(a) The basement door.
(b) The back door.
(c) The front door.
(d) The side door.
15. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
(a) When it is safe.
(b) If the men get too close.
(c) When the men find the real killer.
(d) In one week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
2. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
3. For whom is Cora scared?
4. What do the two men do?
5. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)