|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Cora enter?
2. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
(a) His presence.
(b) His disrespect.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His opinion.
3. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Stab him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Listen to him.
(d) Strangle him.
4. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
(b) Bert is in trouble.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She worries about Sallie.
5. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A prayer circle.
(b) A band of brothers.
(c) A posse.
(d) A band.
6. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
7. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
(a) At sunset one week later.
(b) At sunrise the day after the first act.
(c) At noon the same day as the first act.
(d) At sunset on the same day as the first act.
8. From where does Cora come?
(c) The kitchen.
9. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(b) The Colonel.
10. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
(a) .When he was a little boy.
(b) One year ago.
(d) One month ago.
11. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They like the same food.
(b) They let their pride dictate their lives.
(c) They are the same height.
(d) They have the same first name.
12. What is Bert holding?
(a) Norwood's knife.
(b) Norwood's pistol.
(c) Norwood's wallet.
(d) Norwood's hand.
13. What connection do they make?
(a) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
(b) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(c) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(d) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
14. Who does Bert hate?
(b) Only his father.
(c) Both the side of himself that is forced to submit to the white men and the white men that deny him.
(d) His mother for having him.
15. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quickly escalates between the two men?
2. For whom is Cora scared?
3. Of what was Cora afraid?
4. Who is on time to the scheduled six o'clock meeting?
5. What does Bert do to Norwood?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)