|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection do they make?
(a) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(b) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(c) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
(d) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
2. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) At the back door.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In the car.
(d) At the front door.
3. Who is on time to the scheduled six o'clock meeting?
(c) The Colonel.
4. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
5. What is Bert holding?
(a) Norwood's hand.
(b) Norwood's wallet.
(c) Norwood's knife.
(d) Norwood's pistol.
6. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Listen to him.
(b) Strangle him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Stab him.
7. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
8. For what does she blame him?
(a) His own death.
(b) Her many children.
(c) All that has happened.
(d) Her poor health.
9. Of what was Cora afraid?
(a) Sallie might be late.
(b) The Colonel might be late.
(c) William might be late.
(d) Bert might be late.
10. What does Bert do to Norwood?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He hugs him.
11. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
(a) His presence.
(b) His disrespect.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His opinion.
12. From where does Cora come?
(c) The kitchen.
13. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
(b) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
(c) He will help her son escape.
(d) To get Bert out of town.
14. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(a) The Colonel.
15. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood calls the police.
(b) The two stop arguing.
(c) Norwood leaves.
(d) Things become violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
2. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
3. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
4. What does Sam exit to do?
5. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)