|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
2. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(b) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(c) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
(d) He does not like his "colored folks."
3. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) Bert is in trouble.
(b) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She worries about Sallie.
4. What connection do they make?
(a) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(b) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(c) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(d) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
5. What does Cora think Bert should do, regarding the Colonel?
(a) Stand up to him.
(b) Agree to everything he says.
(c) Run away from him.
(d) Tell him how he feels.
6. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(b) Stand up to him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Love him.
7. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He does not react.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He cries.
8. What is Bert holding?
(a) Norwood's hand.
(b) Norwood's wallet.
(c) Norwood's pistol.
(d) Norwood's knife.
9. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Mr. Higgins.
10. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
(a) The back door.
(b) The front door.
(c) The basement door.
(d) The side door.
11. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood calls the police.
(b) Things become violent.
(c) The two stop arguing.
(d) Norwood leaves.
12. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Call Norwood "Uncle."
(b) Use proper grammar.
(c) Speak quietly.
(d) Talk right.
13. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(a) How to love him.
(b) Their place.
(d) How to work in the fields.
14. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Stab him.
(b) Strangle him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Listen to him.
15. Who will be coming for Bert?
(a) The police.
(c) The white men.
(d) The National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Cora scared?
2. From where does Cora come?
3. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
4. How does Bert seem?
5. Who does Bert hate?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)