|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A band.
(b) A band of brothers.
(c) A prayer circle.
(d) A posse.
2. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) At the front door.
(b) At the back door.
(c) In the car.
(d) On the bus.
3. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
(a) An agreement.
(b) A hug.
(c) An argument.
(d) An understanding.
4. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) To get Bert out of town.
(b) He will help her son escape.
(c) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
(d) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
5. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(b) Fathered them.
(c) Everything a father would do for his own children.
(d) Absolutely nothing.
6. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) The two stop arguing.
(b) Things become violent.
(c) Norwood calls the police.
(d) Norwood leaves.
7. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly disagrees.
(b) He is not sure what he wants to do.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He strongly agrees.
8. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(d) The Colonel.
9. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He cries.
(d) He does not react.
10. Who is on time to the scheduled six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
11. For what does she blame him?
(a) All that has happened.
(b) Her many children.
(c) Her poor health.
(d) His own death.
12. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Listen to him.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Strangle him.
(d) Shoot him.
13. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
(b) Turn himself in.
(c) Run away.
(d) To take some down with him.
14. With whom does Cora enter?
15. What quickly escalates between the two men?
(a) The compassion.
(b) The frustration.
(c) The argument.
(d) The hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
2. Who do these two men find?
3. Of what does Cora inform this person?
4. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
5. What do the two men do?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)