|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
(a) William and the storekeeper.
(b) The slave overseer, Talbot, and the storekeeper.
(c) Billy and his friend.
(d) Talbot and William.
2. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
(a) His room.
(b) The basement.
(c) The airport.
(d) In the swamp.
3. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Send him to his room.
(b) Tell his mother the truth.
(c) Go to work in the fields.
(d) Throw him out.
4. For whom is Cora scared?
(a) The Colonel.
5. Who do these two men find?
6. What quickly escalates between the two men?
(a) The compassion.
(b) The hurt.
(c) The argument.
(d) The frustration.
7. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly agrees.
(b) He strongly disagrees.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He is not sure what he wants to do.
8. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
(a) His presence.
(b) His disrespect.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His opinion.
9. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
(b) One month ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) .When he was a little boy.
10. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A prayer circle.
(b) A band.
(c) A posse.
(d) A band of brothers.
11. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He cries.
(c) He does not react.
(d) He disagrees.
12. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
13. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood leaves.
(b) Norwood calls the police.
(c) The two stop arguing.
(d) Things become violent.
14. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(b) Absolutely nothing.
(c) Fathered them.
(d) Everything a father would do for his own children.
15. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
2. For what does she blame him?
3. What does Sam exit to do?
4. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
5. What does Norwood warn Bert?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)