|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly disagrees.
(b) He reluctantly agrees.
(c) He strongly agrees.
(d) He is not sure what he wants to do.
2. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) He will help her son escape.
(b) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
(c) To get Bert out of town.
(d) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
3. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In the car.
(c) At the front door.
(d) At the back door.
4. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He wants to make a fresh start.
(b) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
(c) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
(d) He loves him.
5. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Run away.
(d) Go to his room.
6. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) He has died.
(b) They have no father.
(c) He is their father.
(d) He left them.
7. What is the Colonel holding?
(a) The telephone.
(b) His pistol.
(c) A letter.
(d) A knife.
8. From where does Cora come?
(b) The kitchen.
9. How does Cora tell Bert to wait for Norwood?
10. For what does she blame him?
(a) His own death.
(b) All that has happened.
(c) Her many children.
(d) Her poor health.
11. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(b) The Colonel.
12. Finally, who enters the room?
(b) Mr. Higgins.
13. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
(a) Talbot and William.
(b) Billy and his friend.
(c) William and the storekeeper.
(d) The slave overseer, Talbot, and the storekeeper.
14. With whom does Cora enter?
15. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
2. What is Bert holding?
3. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
4. What must Bert do when he speaks?
5. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)