|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
2. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(d) The Colonel.
3. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Use proper grammar.
(b) Speak quietly.
(c) Talk right.
(d) Call Norwood "Uncle."
4. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) Bert is in trouble.
(b) She wants to leave.
(c) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
(d) She worries about Sallie.
5. What does Bert do to Norwood?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He strangles him.
(d) He hugs him.
6. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
(a) At sunrise the day after the first act.
(b) At noon the same day as the first act.
(c) At sunset on the same day as the first act.
(d) At sunset one week later.
7. What do the two men do?
(a) Shoot each other.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Struggle with one another.
(d) Call for Cora.
8. Why do they form this?
(a) To pray for Norwood's soul.
(b) To track Bert down.
(c) To pray for Bert's soul.
(d) To find the killer.
9. Who will be coming for Bert?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The white men.
(c) The police.
10. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
(a) The front door.
(b) The back door.
(c) The side door.
(d) The basement door.
11. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
12. How does Bert seem?
(c) Completely remorseful.
(d) Completely unremorseful.
13. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
(a) In one week.
(b) When the men find the real killer.
(c) If the men get too close.
(d) When it is safe.
14. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Strangle him.
(b) Listen to him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Stab him.
15. What connection do they make?
(a) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(b) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(c) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
(d) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bert refuses?
2. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
3. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
4. What does Sam exit to do?
5. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)