|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
(b) Turn himself in.
(c) To take some down with him.
(d) Run away.
2. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In the car.
(c) At the back door.
(d) At the front door.
3. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They have the same first name.
(b) They like the same food.
(c) They let their pride dictate their lives.
(d) They are the same height.
4. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(b) The Colonel.
5. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
6. Finally, who enters the room?
(d) Mr. Higgins.
7. For whom is Cora scared?
(c) The Colonel.
8. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(a) Mr. Higgins.
(b) The Colonel.
9. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He does not like his "colored folks."
(b) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
(c) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(d) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
10. How does Cora tell Bert to wait for Norwood?
11. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
(a) His honesty.
(b) His opinion.
(c) His presence.
(d) His disrespect.
12. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
(b) To get Bert out of town.
(c) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
(d) He will help her son escape.
13. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
(a) In one week.
(b) If the men get too close.
(c) When it is safe.
(d) When the men find the real killer.
14. Who do these two men find?
15. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(b) Everything a father would do for his own children.
(c) Fathered them.
(d) Absolutely nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Cora inform this person?
2. How does Bert seem?
3. Of what was Cora afraid?
4. What happens when Bert refuses?
5. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)