|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly disagrees.
(b) He reluctantly agrees.
(c) He is not sure what he wants to do.
(d) He strongly agrees.
2. To whom is Cora speaking at the end of the scene?
3. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) At the back door.
(b) In the car.
(c) At the front door.
(d) On the bus.
4. Why do they form this?
(a) To track Bert down.
(b) To pray for Norwood's soul.
(c) To find the killer.
(d) To pray for Bert's soul.
5. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
(a) The airport.
(b) His room.
(c) The basement.
(d) In the swamp.
6. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(a) Mr. Higgins.
(d) The Colonel.
7. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A band of brothers.
(b) A posse.
(c) A prayer circle.
(d) A band.
8. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Things become violent.
(b) Norwood leaves.
(c) The two stop arguing.
(d) Norwood calls the police.
9. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(b) Love him.
(c) Run away.
(d) Stand up to him.
10. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(b) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
(c) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(d) He does not like his "colored folks."
11. Finally, who enters the room?
(d) Mr. Higgins.
12. For what does she blame him?
(a) Her many children.
(b) Her poor health.
(c) His own death.
(d) All that has happened.
13. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They are the same height.
(b) They let their pride dictate their lives.
(c) They have the same first name.
(d) They like the same food.
14. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
(a) Go to his room.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Run away.
15. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Cora enter?
2. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
3. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
4. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
5. What does Bert do to Norwood?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)