|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Push him.
2. To whom is Cora speaking at the end of the scene?
3. How does Cora tell Bert to wait for Norwood?
4. For whom is Cora scared?
(c) The Colonel.
5. What do the two men do?
(a) Call for Cora.
(b) Struggle with one another.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Leave the room.
6. With whom does Cora enter?
7. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
(b) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He wants to make a fresh start.
8. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
(a) Go to his room.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Talk to him.
(d) Run away.
9. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
(a) Billy and his friend.
(b) The slave overseer, Talbot, and the storekeeper.
(c) William and the storekeeper.
(d) Talbot and William.
10. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(b) The Colonel.
11. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
(a) His presence.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His opinion.
(d) His disrespect.
12. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(b) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(c) He does not like his "colored folks."
(d) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
13. For what does she blame him?
(a) His own death.
(b) Her many children.
(c) Her poor health.
(d) All that has happened.
14. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
15. From where does Cora come?
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Bert do when he speaks?
2. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
3. What do these two men begin to form?
4. What is Bert holding?
5. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)