|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam exit to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Find Cora.
(c) Find Bert.
(d) Find the Colonel.
2. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Go to work in the fields.
(b) Send him to his room.
(c) Throw him out.
(d) Tell his mother the truth.
3. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A posse.
(b) A band of brothers.
(c) A band.
(d) A prayer circle.
4. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
(a) An agreement.
(b) A hug.
(c) An argument.
(d) An understanding.
5. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
6. Who do these two men find?
7. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly agrees.
(b) He strongly disagrees.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He is not sure what he wants to do.
8. What do the two men do?
(a) Struggle with one another.
(b) Call for Cora.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Leave the room.
9. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
(b) He loves him.
(c) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
(d) He wants to make a fresh start.
10. From where does Cora come?
(b) The kitchen.
11. How does Bert seem?
(a) Completely remorseful.
(c) Completely unremorseful.
12. What connection do they make?
(a) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(b) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(c) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(d) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
13. Finally, who enters the room?
(c) Mr. Higgins.
14. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) He left them.
(b) He has died.
(c) They have no father.
(d) He is their father.
15. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He does not react.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
2. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
3. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
4. What quickly escalates between the two men?
5. For what does she blame him?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)