|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(a) How to love him.
(b) How to work in the fields.
(c) Their place.
2. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(a) Love him.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Run away.
3. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly agrees.
(b) He strongly disagrees.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He is not sure what he wants to do.
4. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
5. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
(b) Singing to himself.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Laughing hysterically.
6. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
7. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) He is their father.
(b) They have no father.
(c) He left them.
(d) He has died.
8. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
(a) An agreement.
(b) A hug.
(c) An argument.
(d) An understanding.
9. How does Bert seem?
(a) Completely unremorseful.
(b) Completely remorseful.
10. For whom is Cora scared?
(b) The Colonel.
11. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A band of brothers.
(b) A prayer circle.
(c) A band.
(d) A posse.
12. What is the Colonel holding?
(a) His pistol.
(b) The telephone.
(c) A letter.
(d) A knife.
13. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
(a) Turn himself in.
(b) Run away.
(d) To take some down with him.
14. Finally, who enters the room?
(a) Mr. Higgins.
15. With whom does Cora enter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What connection do they make?
2. Of what does Cora inform this person?
3. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
4. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
5. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)