|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bert do to Norwood?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He strangles him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He shoots him.
2. For what does she blame him?
(a) His own death.
(b) Her many children.
(c) All that has happened.
(d) Her poor health.
3. What do the two men do?
(a) Struggle with one another.
(b) Shoot each other.
(c) Call for Cora.
(d) Leave the room.
4. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
(a) When the men find the real killer.
(b) When it is safe.
(c) If the men get too close.
(d) In one week.
5. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(b) Run away.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Love him.
6. What connection do they make?
(a) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
(b) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(c) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(d) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
7. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) He has died.
(b) They have no father.
(c) He is their father.
(d) He left them.
8. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
9. What is Bert holding?
(a) Norwood's knife.
(b) Norwood's wallet.
(c) Norwood's pistol.
(d) Norwood's hand.
10. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Call Norwood "Uncle."
(b) Speak quietly.
(c) Talk right.
(d) Use proper grammar.
11. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(a) Their place.
(c) How to work in the fields.
(d) How to love him.
12. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
(a) The front door.
(b) The back door.
(c) The side door.
(d) The basement door.
13. Does Bert seem to mean what he says to Cora?
(b) A little.
14. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(b) He does not like his "colored folks."
(c) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(d) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
15. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Go to work in the fields.
(b) Tell his mother the truth.
(c) Send him to his room.
(d) Throw him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
2. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
3. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
4. Who is on time to the scheduled six o'clock meeting?
5. Who do these two men find?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)