|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
2. What does Cora think Bert should do, regarding the Colonel?
(a) Tell him how he feels.
(b) Run away from him.
(c) Agree to everything he says.
(d) Stand up to him.
3. Of what was Cora afraid?
(a) William might be late.
(b) Bert might be late.
(c) The Colonel might be late.
(d) Sallie might be late.
4. What does Norwood warn Bert?
(a) The truth will get him into trouble.
(b) His impudence is putting him in danger.
(c) His behavior will not be tolerated in any other house.
(d) His lies will have him hanged.
5. Why do they form this?
(a) To pray for Norwood's soul.
(b) To find the killer.
(c) To pray for Bert's soul.
(d) To track Bert down.
6. For what does she blame him?
(a) Her many children.
(b) Her poor health.
(c) His own death.
(d) All that has happened.
7. What does Bert do to Norwood?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He strangles him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He hugs him.
8. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Send him to his room.
(b) Go to work in the fields.
(c) Throw him out.
(d) Tell his mother the truth.
9. What connection do they make?
(a) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(b) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(c) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(d) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
10. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) On the bus.
(b) At the front door.
(c) In the car.
(d) At the back door.
11. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly agrees.
(b) He strongly disagrees.
(c) He is not sure what he wants to do.
(d) He reluctantly agrees.
12. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Absolutely nothing.
(b) Everything a father would do for his own children.
(c) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(d) Fathered them.
13. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
(a) Turn himself in.
(b) Run away.
(d) To take some down with him.
14. From where does Cora come?
(c) The kitchen.
15. To whom is Cora speaking at the end of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
2. Who will be coming for Bert?
3. What do these two men begin to form?
4. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
5. For whom is Cora scared?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)