|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) The airport.
(c) The basement.
(d) His room.
2. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(d) The Colonel.
3. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
(a) He cries.
(b) He disagrees.
(c) He does not react.
(d) He agrees.
4. Who is on time to the scheduled six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
5. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(a) Stand up to him.
(b) Love him.
(c) Run away.
6. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
(a) To convince Bert to treat Norwood with respect.
(b) To convince Bert to go to his room.
(c) To convince Bert to stand his ground.
(d) To convince Bert to leave.
7. What does Norwood warn Bert?
(a) His lies will have him hanged.
(b) The truth will get him into trouble.
(c) His impudence is putting him in danger.
(d) His behavior will not be tolerated in any other house.
8. How does Bert seem?
(c) Completely remorseful.
(d) Completely unremorseful.
9. What do the two men do?
(a) Call for Cora.
(b) Struggle with one another.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Shoot each other.
10. What quickly escalates between the two men?
(a) The hurt.
(b) The argument.
(c) The compassion.
(d) The frustration.
11. What does Cora think Bert should do, regarding the Colonel?
(a) Run away from him.
(b) Agree to everything he says.
(c) Tell him how he feels.
(d) Stand up to him.
12. For what does she blame him?
(a) His own death.
(b) Her poor health.
(c) Her many children.
(d) All that has happened.
13. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They have the same first name.
(b) They like the same food.
(c) They are the same height.
(d) They let their pride dictate their lives.
14. What does Norwood say about the children's father?
(a) They have no father.
(b) He has died.
(c) He left them.
(d) He is their father.
15. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Call Norwood "Uncle."
(b) Talk right.
(c) Use proper grammar.
(d) Speak quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
2. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
3. From where does Cora come?
4. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
5. Who does Bert hate?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)