|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bert holding?
(a) Norwood's knife.
(b) Norwood's pistol.
(c) Norwood's hand.
(d) Norwood's wallet.
2. To whom is Cora speaking at the end of the scene?
3. For what does she blame him?
(a) Her many children.
(b) His own death.
(c) Her poor health.
(d) All that has happened.
4. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(a) Their place.
(b) How to love him.
(c) How to work in the fields.
5. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
(a) Turn himself in.
(b) Run away.
(d) To take some down with him.
6. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Absolutely nothing.
(b) Fathered them.
(c) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(d) Everything a father would do for his own children.
7. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) The two stop arguing.
(b) Things become violent.
(c) Norwood calls the police.
(d) Norwood leaves.
8. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) In the car.
(b) On the bus.
(c) At the back door.
(d) At the front door.
9. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(b) Mr. Higgins.
(c) The Colonel.
10. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Listen to him.
(c) Stab him.
(d) Strangle him.
11. What does Norwood warn Bert?
(a) His impudence is putting him in danger.
(b) The truth will get him into trouble.
(c) His lies will have him hanged.
(d) His behavior will not be tolerated in any other house.
12. What does Cora think Bert should do, regarding the Colonel?
(a) Tell him how he feels.
(b) Agree to everything he says.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Run away from him.
13. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) He will help her son escape.
(b) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
(c) To get Bert out of town.
(d) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
14. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
(a) At sunset one week later.
(b) At noon the same day as the first act.
(c) At sunrise the day after the first act.
(d) At sunset on the same day as the first act.
15. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
(a) One year ago.
(b) One month ago.
(c) .When he was a little boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Bert have dinner?
2. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
3. How does Norwood feel he has treated his "darkies?"
4. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
5. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)