|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they form this?
(a) To pray for Bert's soul.
(b) To pray for Norwood's soul.
(c) To track Bert down.
(d) To find the killer.
2. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Call Norwood "Uncle."
(b) Talk right.
(c) Use proper grammar.
(d) Speak quietly.
3. With whom does Cora enter?
4. What does Bert do to Norwood?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He strangles him.
5. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) He will help her son escape.
(b) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
(c) To get Bert out of town.
(d) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
6. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood calls the police.
(b) Things become violent.
(c) The two stop arguing.
(d) Norwood leaves.
7. What does Sam exit to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Find Bert.
(c) Find Cora.
(d) Find the Colonel.
8. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Everything a father would do for his own children.
(b) Absolutely nothing.
(c) Fathered them.
(d) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
9. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(b) Stand up to him.
(c) Love him.
(d) Run away.
10. With whom did Bert have dinner?
(b) The Colonel.
11. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Listen to him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Stab him.
(d) Strangle him.
12. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(c) The Colonel.
(d) Mr. Higgins.
13. Who do these two men find?
14. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He does not like his "colored folks."
(b) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(c) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
(d) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
15. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(d) The Colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
2. How does Bert seem?
3. How does Cora tell Bert to wait for Norwood?
4. What do these two men begin to form?
5. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)