|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through which door does Cora tell Bert to go?
(a) The back door.
(b) The basement door.
(c) The side door.
(d) The front door.
2. From where does Cora come?
(a) The kitchen.
3. What do the two men do?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Call for Cora.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Struggle with one another.
4. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They let their pride dictate their lives.
(b) They like the same food.
(c) They are the same height.
(d) They have the same first name.
5. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Go to work in the fields.
(b) Send him to his room.
(c) Tell his mother the truth.
(d) Throw him out.
6. Does Bert seem to mean what he says to Cora?
(d) A little.
7. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He strongly agrees.
(b) He strongly disagrees.
(c) He reluctantly agrees.
(d) He is not sure what he wants to do.
8. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
9. What is the Colonel holding?
(a) The telephone.
(b) A knife.
(c) His pistol.
(d) A letter.
10. To whom is Cora speaking at the end of the scene?
11. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(b) Run away.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Love him.
12. What connection do they make?
(a) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(b) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(c) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
(d) Between William and Cora's interaction.
13. How does Bert seem?
(b) Completely remorseful.
(c) Completely unremorseful.
14. Who do these two men find?
15. Of what was Cora afraid?
(a) Bert might be late.
(b) William might be late.
(c) Sallie might be late.
(d) The Colonel might be late.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
2. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
3. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
4. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
5. What happens when Bert refuses?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)