|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Colonel holding?
(a) His pistol.
(b) A letter.
(c) A knife.
(d) The telephone.
2. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
3. For whom is Cora scared?
(b) The Colonel.
4. What must Bert do when he speaks?
(a) Call Norwood "Uncle."
(b) Talk right.
(c) Use proper grammar.
(d) Speak quietly.
5. Of what does Cora inform this person?
(a) Bert is in trouble.
(b) The Colonel wants to talk to him at six.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She worries about Sallie.
6. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood leaves.
(b) The two stop arguing.
(c) Things become violent.
(d) Norwood calls the police.
7. What connection do they make?
(a) Between Cora standing there and Norwood's body.
(b) Between Norwood's screams and his death.
(c) Between William and Cora's interaction.
(d) Between the departing Bert and Norwood's death.
8. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They have the same first name.
(b) They like the same food.
(c) They are the same height.
(d) They let their pride dictate their lives.
9. What is Bert taunting Norwood to do?
(a) Stab him.
(b) Strangle him.
(c) Listen to him.
(d) Shoot him.
10. What point does Norwood try to make, regarding his "colored folks?"
(a) He does not want any of his "colored folks" around.
(b) He is not the father of any of his "colored folks."
(c) He never had any trouble with any of the "colored folks."
(d) He does not like his "colored folks."
11. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
(a) In one week.
(b) When it is safe.
(c) When the men find the real killer.
(d) If the men get too close.
12. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
(b) Talking to himself.
(c) Laughing hysterically.
(d) Singing to himself.
13. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
(a) One month ago.
(b) .When he was a little boy.
(c) One year ago.
14. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(a) Stand up to him.
(b) Run away.
(d) Love him.
15. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Cora enter?
2. How does Bert react to her suggestion?
3. Who does Bert hate?
4. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
5. What does Cora take the time to try one more time, regarding Bert?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)