|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Cora come?
(c) The kitchen.
2. What does Sam need to tell Cora?
(a) To get Bert out of town.
(b) The Colonel wants to see her this evening.
(c) He will help her son escape.
(d) The Colonel wants to see Bert at six o'clock.
3. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They have the same first name.
(b) They like the same food.
(c) They are the same height.
(d) They let their pride dictate their lives.
4. Of what was Cora afraid?
(a) Bert might be late.
(b) The Colonel might be late.
(c) William might be late.
(d) Sallie might be late.
5. Who is on time to the scheduled six o'clock meeting?
(a) The Colonel.
6. What do the two men do?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Call for Cora.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Struggle with one another.
7. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Go to his room.
(c) Run away.
(d) Eat dinner.
8. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) The basement.
(c) His room.
(d) The airport.
9. How does Cora tell Bert to wait for Norwood?
10. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(b) Fathered them.
(c) Absolutely nothing.
(d) Everything a father would do for his own children.
11. What do these two men begin to form?
(a) A posse.
(b) A prayer circle.
(c) A band of brothers.
(d) A band.
12. What does Bert plan when these people come for him?
(a) Turn himself in.
(b) To take some down with him.
(c) Run away.
13. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
(b) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
(c) He loves him.
(d) He wants to make a fresh start.
14. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(c) The Colonel.
15. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
(a) How to work in the fields.
(c) How to love him.
(d) Their place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bert holding?
2. What happens when Bert refuses?
3. Does Bert seem to mean what he says to Cora?
4. What does Norwood tell Bert that he is not going to tolerate?
5. With whom did Bert have dinner?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)