|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
2. How are both Norwood and Bert alike?
(a) They like the same food.
(b) They let their pride dictate their lives.
(c) They have the same first name.
(d) They are the same height.
3. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(b) Run away.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Love him.
4. How does Bert respond to Cora's request, regarding the Colonel?
(a) He is not sure what he wants to do.
(b) He strongly agrees.
(c) He strongly disagrees.
(d) He reluctantly agrees.
5. For what does she blame him?
(a) All that has happened.
(b) Her poor health.
(c) Her many children.
(d) His own death.
6. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
7. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
(b) He wants to make a fresh start.
(c) He loves him.
(d) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
8. Who will be coming for Bert?
(a) The National Guard.
(b) The white men.
(c) The police.
9. For whom is Cora scared?
(a) The Colonel.
10. Does Bert seem to mean what he says to Cora?
(b) A little.
11. How does Cora tell Bert to wait for Norwood?
12. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
(a) .When he was a little boy.
(c) One month ago.
(d) One year ago.
13. Why do they form this?
(a) To track Bert down.
(b) To pray for Norwood's soul.
(c) To find the killer.
(d) To pray for Bert's soul.
14. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Throw him out.
(b) Send him to his room.
(c) Tell his mother the truth.
(d) Go to work in the fields.
15. What happens when Bert refuses?
(a) Norwood calls the police.
(b) Things become violent.
(c) The two stop arguing.
(d) Norwood leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, who enters the room?
2. According to Norwood, what do all the "colored folk" know?
3. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
4. From where does Cora come?
5. How does Bert seem?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)