|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Norwood's death, what is Cora finally able to do?
(a) Love him.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Run away.
2. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
(a) An argument.
(b) A hug.
(c) An agreement.
(d) An understanding.
3. What does Norwood think about but not do to Bert?
(a) Kick him.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Push him.
4. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
(a) When it is safe.
(b) If the men get too close.
(c) In one week.
(d) When the men find the real killer.
5. Who has Cora invited to dinner?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) Mr. Higgins.
6. Where does Cora say she will see Bert when he leaves?
(a) At the back door.
(b) In the car.
(c) At the front door.
(d) On the bus.
7. When was the last time that Norwood treated Bert badly?
(b) One month ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) .When he was a little boy.
8. With whom does Cora enter?
9. To whom is Cora speaking at the end of the scene?
10. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
(a) Talbot and William.
(b) The slave overseer, Talbot, and the storekeeper.
(c) Billy and his friend.
(d) William and the storekeeper.
11. What does Norwood say he has done for Cora's children?
(a) Even more than he has done for his other "darkies."
(b) Absolutely nothing.
(c) Everything a father would do for his own children.
(d) Fathered them.
12. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
(a) At sunset one week later.
(b) At noon the same day as the first act.
(c) At sunrise the day after the first act.
(d) At sunset on the same day as the first act.
13. What does Norwood start off by telling Bert?
(a) He does not want to beat him the way he did that once
(b) He wants to make a fresh start.
(c) He is sorry that Bert had made such a huge mistake.
(d) He loves him.
14. Why do they form this?
(a) To pray for Norwood's soul.
(b) To find the killer.
(c) To track Bert down.
(d) To pray for Bert's soul.
15. From where does Cora come?
(b) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When making his point about his "colored folks," who is Norwood's one exception?
2. What does Norwood finally say Bert is allowed to do?
3. Who will be coming for Bert?
4. What is Bert holding?
5. Where does Cora tell Bert to hide?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)