|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallie want to become?
(a) A maid.
(b) A business woman.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A teacher.
2. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
(b) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(c) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
(d) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
3. Why has this guest come?
(a) To tell the Colonel that Sallie is going to school to be a teacher.
(b) To warn the Colonel of the growing resentment of the white community towards Bert.
(c) To visit with the Colonel.
(d) To plead Bert's case.
4. What is the real outrage about Bert's behavior?
(a) He had not asked permission of the Colonel.
(b) He dared to argue with a white woman.
(c) He did not apologize.
(d) He did not pay for the damages.
5. What does Bert try to do regarding his position?
(a) Justify it.
(b) Ignore it.
(c) Lessen it.
(d) Deny it.
6. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
(a) Both of their personalities change.
(b) Sadness grows on both sides.
(c) Resentment grows on both sides.
(d) Love grows on both sides.
7. What happens as Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) Norwood enters.
(b) Billy enters.
(c) Bert enters.
(d) Sallie enters.
8. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
9. When and where does the play begin?
(a) On a spring afternoon in 1930 Virginia.
(b) On a spring morning in 1830s Virginia.
(c) On a fall morning in 1830s Georgia.
(d) On a fall afternoon in 1930s Georgia.
10. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
(a) To be polite to the Colonel.
(b) To go to his room.
(c) To leave now.
(d) To move north.
11. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
(b) That Bert must go back north for school.
(c) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
(d) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
12. Who arrives as Sallie departs?
(a) Norwood's servant Sam.
(b) Norwood's friend Fred Higgins.
(c) Norwood's friend Henry Higgins.
(d) Norwood's cousin George Talbot.
13. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
(d) Throw him out.
14. He knows he is neither black nor white, and he looks just like who?
(c) All other white men.
(d) His grandmother.
15. What do Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) He has no place.
(b) He will never know his place.
(c) He cannot find his place.
(d) He knows his place.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
2. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
3. What are these men doing as they visit?
4. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
5. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)