|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
(b) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
(c) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(d) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
2. What is the real outrage about Bert's behavior?
(a) He had not asked permission of the Colonel.
(b) He did not pay for the damages.
(c) He did not apologize.
(d) He dared to argue with a white woman.
3. Who arrives as Sallie departs?
(a) Norwood's cousin George Talbot.
(b) Norwood's friend Henry Higgins.
(c) Norwood's friend Fred Higgins.
(d) Norwood's servant Sam.
4. Why does he try to do this, regarding his position?
(a) He tries to ignore his behavior.
(b) He is still a black man, even though he is Norwood's son.
(c) He made a mistake.
(d) He is half-white and Norwood's son.
5. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Sit down.
(b) Move out.
(c) Leave out the back door.
(d) Go to his room.
6. What does Cora tell Bert the Colonel wants to do to him?
(d) Throw him out.
7. What is Bert telling everyone?
(a) His last name is Norwood.
(b) He is not Norwood's son.
(c) His mother is not Cora.
(d) He is not black.
8. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
(a) The airport.
(b) The train station.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The library.
9. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
10. What comment does little Billy make?
(a) He wants to move in with Bert.
(b) He wants to see his Uncle Bert.
(c) He wishes he was white.
(d) He knows the Colonel is his grandpa.
11. What does Bert once accidentally do when he is a young boy?
(a) Refer to Norwood as "papa" in front of the Colonel's rich white friends.
(b) Hug Norwood in front of his rich white friends.
(c) Tell Norwood he does not like him in front of his rich white friends.
(d) Get lost in the fields.
12. How does Bert react to their explanation?
(a) He agrees to move north.
(b) He understands their concerns.
(c) He resents them for their concerns.
(d) He dismisses their concerns.
13. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
(a) Bert is moving back north.
(b) Bert already took Sallie's luggage out the front door.
(c) He has seen Bert using the front door.
(d) Bert has not yet arrived home.
14. As the action opens, what are Norwood and Cora discussing?
(a) The imminent departure of Cora's daughter Sallie for school.
(b) The plans for the next school year.
(c) The work that needs to be completed in the office.
(d) The arrival of Cora's daughter Sallie from school.
15. Whose son is young Billy?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what subject do Bert, Cora and William stay?
2. Who is Sam?
3. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
4. Why does Sam ask if it would be acceptable to take Sallie's luggage out the front door to the car?
5. What does Sallie want to become?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)