|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
2. What does Cora tell Bert about where he lives?
(a) He should move back up north.
(b) He needs to understand that he is no longer living up North.
(c) He needs to help out at home.
(d) He is Norwood's son.
3. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
(a) Go to his room.
(b) Leave out the back door.
(c) Move out.
(d) Sit down.
4. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bat.
5. What else do the two men discuss?
(b) Norwood's children.
(c) The weather.
6. Whose son is young Billy?
7. What does Bert once accidentally do when he is a young boy?
(a) Refer to Norwood as "papa" in front of the Colonel's rich white friends.
(b) Get lost in the fields.
(c) Hug Norwood in front of his rich white friends.
(d) Tell Norwood he does not like him in front of his rich white friends.
8. What do Cora and William discuss, regarding Bert?
(a) How he looks like his father.
(b) How smart he is.
(c) How he should move back north.
(d) His headstrong ways.
9. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
(a) He has traveled on business out of town.
(b) He has gone to school out of town.
(c) He has vacationed out of town.
(d) He has run away out of town.
10. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(b) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(c) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
11. What comment does little Billy make?
(a) He wants to move in with Bert.
(b) He wants to see his Uncle Bert.
(c) He wishes he was white.
(d) He knows the Colonel is his grandpa.
12. What does this guest relate to the Colonel?
(a) What news there is to find around town.
(b) Sallie is not headed to the airport.
(c) Bert's latest offense.
(d) The truth of what happened to Bert today.
13. Of what does Bert then inform Cora?
(a) He is going to go back to work in the fields.
(b) He wants to be an overseer.
(c) He is no longer going to work in the fields.
(d) He wants to stay and help her.
14. What has Robert done without permission?
(a) Stayed out late.
(b) Taken a new job.
(c) Left home.
(d) Taken the car into town.
15. What does Robert do as the act ends?
(a) Goes to his room.
(b) Walks proudly out the front door.
(c) Hugs the Colonel.
(d) Runs out the back door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sallie come in?
2. Of what does Cora stop and remind the Colonel?
3. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
4. Why has this guest come?
5. How does Bert feel about this entire situation?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)