|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(b) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(c) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
2. What does Sallie want to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A maid.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A business woman.
3. What are these men doing as they visit?
4. When and where does the play begin?
(a) On a fall morning in 1830s Georgia.
(b) On a fall afternoon in 1930s Georgia.
(c) On a spring morning in 1830s Virginia.
(d) On a spring afternoon in 1930 Virginia.
5. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
(a) For not marrying Cora.
(b) For having a black mistress.
(c) For not remarrying a white woman.
(d) For keeping a black mistress in his home like a wife.
6. What has Robert done without permission?
(a) Taken a new job.
(b) Taken the car into town.
(c) Stayed out late.
(d) Left home.
7. What does Robert do as the act ends?
(a) Goes to his room.
(b) Runs out the back door.
(c) Walks proudly out the front door.
(d) Hugs the Colonel.
8. What does Bert believe he should not have to do?
(a) Talk with Norwood.
(b) Stand up to Norwood.
(c) Leave his home.
(d) Work out in the fields like the other field hands.
9. With what does the Colonel start to follow Bert?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A letter.
(c) A bat.
(d) A knife.
10. Who is Sam?
(a) Another teacher at the school.
(b) An elderly white man who is the Colonel's neighbor.
(c) The Colonel's business partner.
(d) An elderly black man who is a personal assistant to the Colonel.
11. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
(a) Get him a hotel room.
(b) Help him move.
(c) Plead his case.
(d) Get him to move back north.
12. What happens as Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
(a) Norwood enters.
(b) Billy enters.
(c) Sallie enters.
(d) Bert enters.
13. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
(b) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
(c) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(d) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
14. What do Cora and William discuss, regarding Bert?
(a) His headstrong ways.
(b) How he looks like his father.
(c) How smart he is.
(d) How he should move back north.
15. How does Bert react to their explanation?
(a) He resents them for their concerns.
(b) He understands their concerns.
(c) He agrees to move north.
(d) He dismisses their concerns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bert try to do regarding his position?
2. What happens from the accident on, between the Colonel and Bert?
3. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
4. What does Norwood come in and order Bert to do?
5. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)