Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Higgins and Norwood leave, who enters again?
2. For what does the guest chide the Colonel?
(a) For not marrying Cora.
(b) For not remarrying a white woman.
(c) For having a black mistress.
(d) For keeping a black mistress in his home like a wife.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) The Colonel's business partner.
(b) An elderly white man who is the Colonel's neighbor.
(c) Another teacher at the school.
(d) An elderly black man who is a personal assistant to the Colonel.
4. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
(a) To leave now.
(b) To go to his room.
(c) To move north.
(d) To be polite to the Colonel.
5. Where do Sally and Bert go when he pulls up outside?
(a) The library.
(b) The airport.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The train station.
6. What does Robert do as the act ends?
(a) Walks proudly out the front door.
(b) Goes to his room.
(c) Runs out the back door.
(d) Hugs the Colonel.
7. What do Cora and Bert begin to do, after he tells her this news?
(a) They begin to argue again.
(b) They begin to understand one another.
(c) They begin to cry.
(d) They hug.
8. What tale does Bert tell Cora and William?
(a) A different tale from what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(b) A similar tale to what Higgins had told the Colonel.
(c) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel, and he is very sorry.
(d) The same tale of the radio tubes that Higgins told the Colonel earlier.
9. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
(a) He has seen Bert using the front door.
(b) Bert is moving back north.
(c) Bert already took Sallie's luggage out the front door.
(d) Bert has not yet arrived home.
10. What does Bert believe he should not have to do?
(a) Leave his home.
(b) Stand up to Norwood.
(c) Work out in the fields like the other field hands.
(d) Talk with Norwood.
11. What is true about the relationship between the Colonel and Bert, up until this accident?
(a) Bert and the Colonel despised each other.
(b) Bert had been the Colonel's favorite.
(c) Bert and the Colonel were never close.
(d) Bert and the Colonel were best friends.
12. What comment does little Billy make?
(a) He wants to see his Uncle Bert.
(b) He wants to move in with Bert.
(c) He knows the Colonel is his grandpa.
(d) He wishes he was white.
13. What are these men doing as they visit?
14. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
(b) That Bert must go back north for school.
(c) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
(d) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
15. What does Bert try to do regarding his position?
(a) Lessen it.
(b) Deny it.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Justify it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallie try to do for Bert?
2. How does Bert react to their explanation?
3. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
4. How does Bert feel about his actions?
5. Of what does Cora stop and remind the Colonel?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)