Short Essay Questions Key
1. When does the play begin? Who are the first two characters introduced? Describe them.
2. About what are Norwood and Cora discussing, regarding Sallie and Robert?
3. How does the Colonel feel about Robert's behavior?
4. Who is Sam? What does he ask to Colonel?
5. How does the Colonel respond to Sam's question? What does Sam say about Bert? What stops the Colonel from fully processing what Sam has said to him?
6. Describe Sallie. What does she do when she enters the room?
7. What do Sallie and Norwod discuss? What does Norwood insist Sallie do? Why does Norwood become upset with Sallie, as well as Bert?
8. How does Sallie leave? Who arrives as Sallie leaves? Who is this person, and why has he come?
9. What does this guest say about Bert?
10. How does this guest send the Colonel over the edge, regarding Bert?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)