Short Answer Questions Key
1. When and where does the play begin?
On a fall afternoon in 1930s Georgia.
2. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
A plantation owner who is about 60.
3. As the action opens, what are Norwood and Cora discussing?
The imminent departure of Cora's daughter Sallie for school.
4. What has Robert done without permission?
Taken the car into town.
5. What will the Colonel not tolerate from a "darkie," especially his own child?
This section contains 4,140 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)