|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallie want to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A maid.
(c) A housewife.
(d) A business woman.
2. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
(b) That Bert must go back north for school.
(c) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
(d) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
3. What does Cora think Bert should do, regarding the Colonel?
(a) Run away from him.
(b) Tell him how he feels.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Agree to everything he says.
4. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
(b) Singing to himself.
(c) Talking to himself.
(d) Laughing hysterically.
5. What does Bert try to do regarding his position?
(a) Justify it.
(b) Lessen it.
(c) Deny it.
(d) Ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are these men doing as they visit?
2. What does Sam slyly inform the Colonel about Bert?
3. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
4. When does the first scene of the second act begin?
5. What do Cora and William worry about Bert's place in society?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)