|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bert refuse to do when he hears the Colonel coming?
(a) Go to his room.
(b) Talk to the Colonel.
(c) Run away out the back door.
(d) Stand his ground.
2. How is Bert also riling up the white townspeople?
(a) By telling them that black people are better than white people.
(b) By sounding more educated than the white men.
(c) That he is rich.
(d) By driving recklessly and acting as "good as a white [man]."
3. How does Cora react when she sees what has taken place?
4. What does the audience hear Sam doing?
(a) Singing to himself.
(b) Laughing hysterically.
(c) Talking to himself.
5. How does Bert react to their explanation?
(a) He agrees to move north.
(b) He understands their concerns.
(c) He resents them for their concerns.
(d) He dismisses their concerns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bert say he will come back to his father's house?
2. What does Norwood's last comment to Bert spark?
3. Whose son is young Billy?
4. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
5. As he leaves, who does Bert pass in the driveway?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)