|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else do the two men discuss?
(c) Norwood's children.
(d) The weather.
2. Why has this guest come?
(a) To visit with the Colonel.
(b) To tell the Colonel that Sallie is going to school to be a teacher.
(c) To warn the Colonel of the growing resentment of the white community towards Bert.
(d) To plead Bert's case.
3. For what does Sallie want to thank Norwood?
(a) For letting her stay in his home.
(b) For allowing her to go to school to be a teacher.
(c) His kind treatment of her and the other "colored children."
(d) Her spending money.
4. Tempers get to the point that the Colonel finally tries to do what to Bert?
(a) Go to work in the fields.
(b) Tell his mother the truth.
(c) Send him to his room.
(d) Throw him out.
5. Who do these two men find?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sallie come in?
2. What quickly escalates between the two men?
3. With whom did Bert have dinner?
4. For what does Cora plead with Bert?
5. Who is Colonel Thomas Norwood?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)