|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cora tell Bert he needs to do, regarding his behavior?
(a) He needs to stand strong.
(b) He needs to be himself.
(c) He needs to tone it down.
(d) He needs to stay positive.
2. What do Cora and William try to explain to Bert?
(a) Billie is too young to live with Bert.
(b) That Bert must go back north for school.
(c) His behavior may end tragically for him and the rest of his family.
(d) Sallie has to leave to go to school.
3. What does Cora think Bert should do, regarding the Colonel?
(a) Run away from him.
(b) Tell him how he feels.
(c) Stand up to him.
(d) Agree to everything he says.
4. Who is not on time to the six o'clock meeting?
(d) The Colonel.
5. What do Cora and Bert begin to do, after he tells her this news?
(a) They begin to understand one another.
(b) They begin to argue again.
(c) They begin to cry.
(d) They hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Bert experienced more equal treatment in the big cities?
2. What does Norwood warn Bert?
3. What quickly escalates between the two men?
4. Who do these two men find?
5. Does Bert seem to mean what he says to Cora?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)